Team for Thistle game

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

Right for this game it has to be same again but bare with me here because i may add a player who is either injured or suspended but that will be because i haven't read Matchday thread yet so if i do i will edit it accordingly.

Esson

Tokely, Bulvitis, Munro, Djebi Zadi (if Bully leaves then Proctor at RB and Tokely at CB)

Proctor, Cox (again if Bully leaves then put McBain at Procs position)

Imrie, Sanchez, Foran

Rooney

The reason i keep Imrie in ahead of Hayes is that i don't really want to change a winning team, however, if Bulvitis leaves then stick Hayes in for Imrie because changes will have to be made.

Hope this is easy to understand :004:

Yes, I would agree with above....

If the team are as committed, and perform as they did against Motherwell in the cup, they should win this comfortably.

I would leave out Sanchez in favour of Imrie - otherwise the same line up as last Monday night, with Tokely at LB.

I would keep him in. He's one of the few creative players we have. I never usually contribute to this thread because usually you don't change a winning side. We win a game and then you can guarantee some loony's on here on the Monday making 5 changes :lol:

Edited by The Mantis

I see a different Sanchez, although not there on Saturday, but I believe he is the player most likely to make things happen for us.

Yep, Manny, for me Sanchez is a creative force, but still has improving to do. Needs to be played in the right way.

Agree with that comments, I love it how he gets dropped by some for not doing much, well again IMO that Esson chaps the same, just stands in the box and doesnt really do much......

I see a different Sanchez, although not there on Saturday, but I believe he is the player most likely to make things happen for us.

Yep, Manny, for me Sanchez is a creative force, but still has improving to do. Needs to be played in the right way.

Agree with that comments, I love it how he gets dropped by some for not doing much, well again IMO that Esson chaps the same, just stands in the box and doesnt really do much......

I think Sanchez clearly has talent but like alot of our squad is a touch rough around the edges. I wouldn't say he merits being dropped.

And I agree totally regarding Esson. Cant remember last time he popped up with a goal. :lol:

Sanchez is a talented player, but his ineffectiveness in the final third of the park worries me. His touches in and around the half way line are quite clever but usually with no end product, he also takes far too much time on the ball. He needs to learn to take the ball and put it onto the wings, then join rooney up front and not to panic, should he gets the ball. For me, I would bench sanchez for saturday's game and put hayes in with Imrie and Foran either side of him, this will cause problems for the Partick defence due to their lack of pace in that area.

Edited by Granty24

I won't commit to a full line up but I was wondering earlier if, with the benefit of a fit Hayes, we could perhaps try utilising Imrie's energy in the middle of the park....in much the same way as Black used too.

I know what you mean, but IMO he'd struggle in the middle and would end up just getting bullied in that area. Anyway I'm glad to see he's proved me wrong and is now working his socks off and long may it continue!

Bring back Jimmy Calder, hang on he'd break the cross-bar these days. :cry01: