FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Savage News for Highland Council

Alex MacLeod

Alan savage will invest in Clach provided his money goes to the club and not to pay debtors according to STV. What I read into this is Savage is saying to the council that, if they write off the debt owed so far, they will be paid future rental in full. The club will survive and prosper and jobs etc will remain. Any others think the same?

I can't see the HC writing off any debts especially in the current (so called) financial crisis. Baring in mind Clach have been there before I think Mr Savage may be throwing good money after bad.

I can't see the HC writing off any debts especially in the current (so called) financial crisis. Baring in mind Clach have been there before I think Mr Savage may be throwing good money after bad.

It is an ambitious rescue package which could involve Robbo and Bazza Wilson.

But surely this would be good time to invest in ICT?

From the hints we saw on here earlier in the season, that might well be on the horizon.

I would be very surprised to see him invest in ICT.

It smacks a bit of cutting off their nose to spite their face if they do not work to reach a solution. OK, so they have to write off some debt, BUT in the future they will have a guarantee of income which will not happen if clach are allowed to be wound up.

Maybe there is a compromise in there somewhere where AS could pay a portion of the debt and the council could waive the rest

It smacks a bit of cutting off their nose to spite their face if they do not work to reach a solution. OK, so they have to write off some debt, BUT in the future they will have a guarantee of income which will not happen if clach are allowed to be wound up.

Maybe there is a compromise in there somewhere where AS could pay a portion of the debt and the council could waive the rest

I agree, it's hardly going to do HC any good now to see Clach go to the wall, they won't recover any money that way. What im unclear about is if Clach owe 270,000 quid, how much is owed to HC, and how were they allowed to run up such debts?

A tad harsh i think, Clach have the potential to be a big player in the Highland league, with the right management and finances they could certainly compete with the 'bigger' teams.

Invss City have no ground, if they were to gain promotion to the super league AND have their own ground i would like them to gain promotion to the Highland league.

If Savage bought into Clach maybe HC could use him to put down a 3g surface at Clach Park instead of paying back whatever ?000's Clach owe HC? A community facility at an established football ground which could make money through the week at evenings and weekends as well as providing training facilities for ICT, Clach and potentially also a home for Inverness City. Social club would very probably become a viable business again so facilities such as these are major income generators for the 5 a side companies, for example.

Makes sense to me.

They're a mickey mouse outfit and an embarrassment to our City. The sooner we have a respectable club representing us in the Highland League the better IMHO.

Clach have a great history in Inverness and to write them off in such a derisory way is, I think, way over the top. I hope a rescue package can be found and that they survive and indeed prosper.