FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Your non football ICT Player Story

BornCaley

Im sure we all have funny or quirky stories involving our players. Please nothing defamatory or libelous, just fun. So heres mine.

When i was studying for my degree, my first year was at Inverness College. I started seeing a young Richard Hastings hanging around with some of the pretty girls in my class. He was very young but a first team player at this time. He took a shine to one in particular ( no names) and even sat in on a couple of my classes, in particular a Marketing class. I think he lasted 15-20 minutes before the lecturer spotted him and asked him who he was. Young Richard tried to blab his way, but alas the lecturer was on the ball and asked him politely to leave.

I always liked RH, nice guy.

oh and i dont think he got the girl in the end,lol

Edited by BornCaley
  • Agree 1

I was in the same year as Tony Low (ex-ICT, Peterhead, Nairn County etc.) at Culloden Academy. When it came round to work experience I was matched with the oppertunity to train with my beloved ICT... couldn't fecking believe it... stuff dreams were made of...

next day went back in to School to find out Tony and his ex-footballer dad had kicked up such a fuss that my work experience place had been given to him and I'd been papped to a Kingsmills Leisure centre :lol:

... if it wasn't for Tony stealing my work placement I could have been the one subbed on to time waist at parkhead Feb 2000 ...

.... or maybe not... but that's what I've convinced myself since anyway.

• Agree 1

I think I've mentioned before that when Terry Butcher was at Rangers around 1990, he was right behind me at a Motley Crue gig. He left early, and I don't blame him.

Off topic I know but what were you doing at a Tory Party Conference :lol: !

I've been to a 'Motley Crue' conference. When John Major was PM... Met Jeffery Archer there too.

anyway, back on topic...

I had a slightly embarrasing moment with craig brewster once. (not a sentence to be taken out of context either thank you very much!!!) Granted it's not away from football, but here goes.

It was at the training pitches at Fort George. My pal Colin is a huge DUFC fan and we regualrly went to the training pitches for a kick about before the players turned up. Brewster knew of me through Highland March, and ultimately asked how I was. Colin, being somehow impressed about this, asked if i knew CB. I said I'd spoken to him a few times and agreed to introduce them. I spoke to CB as anyone would normally speak, where as colin blurted out "you're my hero", followed by a few memories of CB at DUFC, shook his hand and said he'd never wash it again.

For him it was excellent, for me an embarrasment (agan, not a sentence to be taken out of context)

Not strictly away from football, but it was the Kingsmills Suite hospitality after a game ..... We were at our table when Bobby Mann comes over to speak to us. Big Stew (having had several refreshments) finally says to Bobby ..... "big man, i think you're a great player ......." to which Bobby started smiling ..... only for Stew to deliver the second sentence ..... "but today you were sh*** !!!!". Much chortling all round and Bobby wanders off shaking his head and not knowing what to say ...... he laughed about it later though (much later).

or maybe Stevie Hislop cornering me in the Corriegarth at a supporters club do and telling me in no uncertain terms how much he hated this website ..... something about a duck was mentioned :D (thanks Mantis).

Two days before Christmas, a few years ago, upstairs in Woolies, (remember that) there's Craig Brewster standing in front of the Barbies speaking in a mobile phone. "Naw they've got the Princess one, but not the Hoolywood one, though they have got the Ken with the sports car...etc etc " I thought about saying something witty like, "Hope you are better at picking dollies, than players, Craig" but that was a fortnight later.

Oh yeah, and he was with a pretty girl.

I'd just been to the cinema and was waiting for my sister to come and pick me up, so I went into Starbucks in Borders (remember that?) to waste some time. When I got there I realised that right infront of me in the queue was Marius Niculae! I'd spoken to him at the stadium a few times before and he recognised me as the lad who made that flag for him.. So he bought me a frappacino and invited me to sit with him and his friend :P Had only been sat down two minutes when my sister arrived and dragged me away :)

One night after the cinema me and my mate were standing outside talking about getting a taxi when Tom Parratt and David Proctor overheard us and offered us a lift into town. We kindly accepted and during the journey my mate asked why they were at the cinema, Proctor answered with " There's nothing else to do, ave no got a bird".

Around last September, my friend and I were at dows shop when we saw Russel Duncan walk out. I said "hi Russel" to which he said hi back to me. But then my friend shouted "Your sh*te"!. He looked round and gave us a horrible frown.

He sat in his car for about 15 mins moping and eating his bar of chocolate!

I was in the same year as Tony Low (ex-ICT, Peterhead, Nairn County etc.) at Culloden Academy. When it came round to work experience I was matched with the oppertunity to train with my beloved ICT... couldn't fecking believe it... stuff dreams were made of...

next day went back in to School to find out Tony and his ex-footballer dad had kicked up such a fuss that my work experience place had been given to him and I'd been papped to a Kingsmills Leisure centre

Cheeky swines! lance-des-pierres.gif

You coulda been a contender.

You woz robbed JC_depressed.gif

Met David Bagan in Glasgow Airport on the day I was emigrating !

I was waiting for my flight in departures when I noticed him and went to have a chat. We had talked a few times before so he recognised me. Turns out he had just been released (even though he was wearing an ICT polo/track top) and was headed for Lanzarote (or somewhere similar) for his holidays as I was headed for Toronto. We wished each other well and went on our ways ......

a few years ago I had just come back from school to walk past Holm Park wherei saw a bright gold car with a Spanish liecense plate number, After closer inspection of the park itself, i noticed Juanjo and his wee daughter playing the park, both going down the slide. Saw him there a couple of times afterwards and couple of friends and I said hello now and then. After that, the game of Juanjo Car Spotting was invited between us, I think I'm losing 2-1. =D But never the less a great guy.