FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What am I doing wrong?

SanMiguel

I called the club yest and explained to the receptionist I would like to buy the new home shirt. She said she will need to take my details and pass them on to merchandising. Ok no probs!

I never got a call so called back today and told her again what happened. Ok ill put you through to the shop, she said. It rang for a while and went to answer phone. I left a message this morning with all my personal details to call me back. Waited 4/5 hours and called again around 3pm today. Spoke to the same girl, explained the same story. All her responce was she can put a sticker on the new shirt and hold it for me but I have to wait for the call. I am in no way blaming the receptionist she has been vey polite. Is there only one person that deals with sales? I wanted my top asap and I cant even pay for it. You would think the club want my cash. Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me? Any recommendations on who to ask for as im stuck here.

HEEEEEEEEELP!!

I called the club yest and explained to the receptionist I would like to buy the new home shirt. She said she will need to take my details and pass them on to merchandising. Ok no probs!

I never got a call so called back today and told her again what happened. Ok ill put you through to the shop, she said. It rang for a while and went to answer phone. I left a message this morning with all my personal details to call me back. Waited 4/5 hours and called again around 3pm today. Spoke to the same girl, explained the same story. All her responce was she can put a sticker on the new shirt and hold it for me but I have to wait for the call. I am in no way blaming the receptionist she has been vey polite. Is there only one person that deals with sales? I wanted my top asap and I cant even pay for it. You would think the club want my cash. Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me? Any recommendations on who to ask for as im stuck here.

HEEEEEEEEELP!!

This sort of thing has happened to me before. Being transfered to a phone that isn't even being answered has got to be up there with the best. Is there no way of buying it online? Season after season our background staff seem hopeless at literally delivering the goods.

Same happed to me, called the shop about player sponsorship and the woman said the person you need to talk to is out for lunch, ill get her to call you back, been waiting for a day now, still hasn't been in touch.

not very organised.

Same happed to me, called the shop about player sponsorship and the woman said the person you need to talk to is out for lunch, ill get her to call you back, been waiting for a day now, still hasn't been in touch.

not very organised.

Whats frustrating is I work in a sales/customer service backround and would expect a firm boot in the stones if I never called a customer back. Let alone the third time. They are just lucky im a wee stoner based in Glasgow that would rather waste his time venting his anger with my fingertips than call someone up and have a go.

Wait thats my phone now, nope its jus a pal. meh!

I've found that the club staff have been pretty good in the past in terms of getting back on the phone. Maureen has left though which sucks as she is class. I wonder if the club could sell the tops through somewhere like Tesco?

Have had the same problem with my season ticket, tried buying it online where it went to the confirmation page, then told me my booking couldn't be confirmed however they may have taken the money out of my account so call the Club Shop and don't try attempt it again. So I called the club the next day where I was put on, probably to the same girl who said she'd transfer me through to the shop. Then left a voice message with my details and pressed the # key after it, and did this again a couple of days later, and have never recieved a call back.

Work Monday - Friday so haven't had a chance to go in yet as I was down at Fleetwood last Saturday, but will do tomorrow before the game. I will no doubt face the prospect of the seat I had attempted to book now being taken by someone else, and the seat I do eventually get will most likely have someone else in it for the Septic game. Poor organisation and I'm not a happy bunny. Dunno if I'll be purchasing the top.

No point using the online store.

The page doesn't exist, so I sent an email to the club asking when the online store would be available. I got a very nice email back saying that they had no idea when the online store was available however I am welcome to make the trip from Brisbane to purchase one at the store.

Give me a break - this is just crazy!

Premier League on the pitch.....Amateur League off it!

Several times i have contacted the stadium for this that or the other....and to say the way i was handled was shoddy and unprofessional to say the least.

Edited by SMEE

I used to work in a grossly under staffed place, but I always managed to perform various different tasks to keep customers satisfied.

Yes but brothels are a bit different.

After a relatively leisurely year in Div 1 and a quiet summer, the club have to quickly adapt again to the extra demands and volumes, and it sounds like they aren't quite there, yet.

Edited by Yngwie
typo

I used to work in a grossly under staffed place, but I always managed to perform various different tasks to keep customers satisfied.

I had forgotten you were one of my best customers....so i deleted that part of my post to try and protect you Yngwie....the cat is well and truly out of the bag now!

After a relatively leisurely year in Div 1 and a quiet summer, the club have to quickly adapt again to the extra demands and volumes, and it sounds like they aren't quite there, yet.

Why the quiet summer though? They knew we would have the extra demand for shirts and other merchandise come end of July start of August so they should have been ready to answer the phone.

Don't think being in Division 1 and going back up again has anything to do with it. Last season saw an INCREASE in Season Ticket sales on the previous year in the SPL, and whilst in the SPL before I have never had a problem getting tickets/shirts etc, and infact have been full of praise for the shop staff on many occasions. Standards have just quite clearly slipped though and noone, bar the p!ssed off fans, seems to be giving a sh!t about it. Totally unprofessional, even if they are busy, then a 2 minute phone call back would would be understandable IMO. What gets me aswell is that I could sort of see it if I was trying to get my season ticket after the new strip had come out, they'd be bound to be well busier than usual then, but it was a week and a bit before that I tried ordering it. Could be losing the club valuable money with this poor handling.

I called today and expressed i was getting a tad annoyed. I was promised a call back asap. Still waiting. :(

Yay top. I think I was a bit OTT seems as if the poor girl has a mountain of work to do with not much help.

She just called back on my mobile after I had left a work number which she had tried and couldnt get me. So thanks shop lady. Ill wear my top with pride.

Edited by SanMiguel
  • Agree 1

At the end of our relegation season the staff numbers doing all the behind the scenes stuff were cut drastically. They have not been replaced. The person doing the shop, I believe, also does ticketing and other things. She is a very sweet lady who tries to please everyone but doesn't have enough hours in the day for the workload she has to handle at this point in the year. If you try phoning and cant get through to someone you can always e-mail : shop@ictfc.co.uk

Fans should either, go in person to the stadium, or, if phoning, have a bit of sympathy and patience.

I dont know what the problem is with the club shop online, unless the site is being updated with new stock.

At the end of our relegation season the staff numbers doing all the behind the scenes stuff were cut drastically. They have not been replaced. The person doing the shop, I believe, also does ticketing and other things. She is a very sweet lady who tries to please everyone but doesn't have enough hours in the day for the workload she has to handle at this point in the year. If you try phoning and cant get through to someone you can always e-mail : shop@ictfc.co.uk

Fans should either, go in person to the stadium, or, if phoning, have a bit of sympathy and patience.

I dont know what the problem is with the club shop online, unless the site is being updated with new stock.

I don't think anyone is blaming who ever is running the distribution of merchandise but WHY has no one else been employeed to help deal with the increase of demand that was invevitable once we won the league. Are we going to have to wait a couple years like last time before they realise we are an SPL club again?

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

The person doing the shop, I believe, also does ticketing and other things. She is a very sweet lady who tries to please everyone but doesn't have enough hours in the day for the workload she has to handle at this point in the year.

if phoning, have a bit of sympathy and patience.

Agreed! After speaking to Laura I know understand the situation she is in. Fair play to here cause I bought my top 5pm and she explained that it would not get posted till today. I was more than happy with that. I recieved a call 15 mins later saying she managed to get it posted that day. Much respect for that. Alex she does deal with tickets and all the other stuff, with the cup game celtic and the new shirt she must be inundated with calls and emails. Best of luck to her.

Hmm glad you got one then, I'm still waiting... :lol:

I can assure you all messages voicemail and e-mail have now been answered, so not sure what you are waiting for. Please give us a call 01463 227451 which will put you straight through to the shop/ticket office.

Thanks

I don't think anyone is blaming who ever is running the distribution of merchandise but WHY has no one else been employeed to help deal with the increase of demand that was invevitable once we won the league. Are we going to have to wait a couple years like last time before they realise we are an SPL club again?

What would you rather, considering the lack of available funds at the moment? Spend on the playing squad or spend on backroom staff? Bear also in mind we have had to find funds for two teams so until the club can, once again, be seen to be established in this league, and can use that to bring in revenue, we will all have to be a little more patient and tolerant.