FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Club wins Niculae appeal

Scotty

Relieved that we don't have to pay, think the clubs lawyers deserve some credit for the job they have done as turning over a Fifa decision would not have been easy, congratulations to the club on this outcome, now time to do something constructive with the money we had saved to pay him.

I don't think you can expect any more hugs from Marius after these comments sonny

In a year of really good results, this may be the best of the lot.

• Agree 1

George Fraser in the statement:

The club has faced a certain amount of negativity.......but we pursued our appeal vigorously and we have won on all counts

Translation:

"GIRFUY IHE!"

I don't think all the negativity the club faced in this matter was just from IHE!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Disappointed at the lack of humble pie munching going on in this thread (Scotty apart) but as usual, the opportunity to praise or apologise isn't as exciting as the chance to savage (no pun intended :rolleyes:) or lambast.

Delighted for our club and in particular, our much maligned board. They stuck by their guns and ultimately, were proven to have told the truth. I hope our legal costs are huge and I hope the club pursues compensation to the very end.

Our board get far more, way more, right than they get wrong. When you look around at the state of other clubs the length and breadth of the country we should be delighted to have what we have. Granted, like every institution, they get things wrong at times but for this poster, any mistakes made are far outweighed by successes. Do us good to remember that more often.

As for Marius (nothing personal, only met the guy once) but like many involved in our game , the £ or $ or € comes first. He never had a burning desire to play for our club, couldn't wait to get away and took some bad advice. I await publication of the full judgement with interest (not on CAS site) as I'm pretty certain it will conclusively prove our board were 100% right and the player (and his advisors) 100% wrong. This will not be an "on balance" case.

No doubt there will be more to come in the Scottish Courts but I have faith in our system too. Wait to see.

Meantime, delighted that our cash (the money generated by punters going to football) will stay in our game and at our club , not lining the pockets of mercenary players or agents with no interest in our club.

Well done George and Co!!

PS. Make sure he coffs up for the parking charges at the airport!!!!

Edited by Sorted
  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

I enjoyed watching him play for ICT, I also enjoyed watching his breif spell in the european cup on tv, even though I was getting choked to death at the time by numerous mopeds passing by whilst sitting outside a cafe in Sorrento.

I think we may well have a few more current/ex ICT players to support whilst playing for their country in the years to come.

Our board get far more, way more, right than they get wrong. When you look around at the state of other clubs the length and breadth of the country we should be delighted to have what we have. Granted, like every institution, they get things wrong at times but for this poster, any mistakes made are far outweighed by successes. Do us good to remember that more often.

I believe that this is true. No-one is perfect and we all make mistakes from time to time, but in general our boards (over the years) have steered us through some pretty tricky football and financial turmoils. I just wish that at times it had been done with less spin or at the very least spin that wasnt as shoddily created.

Personally, I am not slow to give credit where I feel it is due, and conversely, I will dish out criticism as and where I also feel it is due. Based on the information we had available to us at the time, I dont feel sorry for criticising the club ... I am just happy I was proved wrong !!!!

To put a positive finish on this - and it is something I have said before - I have always said that the club should just be honest with us. Give us the good news when it happens, give us the bad news when it happens, but basically give us the news (and truth) regardless of what it is. That way rumours get quoshed and facts come out and we can deal with them and then move on. The club went through a spell of 4 or 5 years where even the slightest bit of news should probably have come to us via WikiLeaks given how closely they wanted to guard it at a management level (despite it pouring out from other sources like a sieve). But fortunately, they now have an operations director who is customer focused, straight talking and more than willing to embrace the concept that fans can handle and process more information than they are used to giving out, and can also bring improvements to the table via fan/club partnerships at all levels .... hopefully that continues

• Agree 3

The club has faced a certain amount of negativity.......but we pursued our appeal vigorously and we have won on all counts

Translation:

"GIRFUY IHE!"

Looking for the green dots eh - can remember YOU having a lot to say at the time as well. Bring on the feckin red dots if they have to come - at least I stick by my principles ya CREEP - and lets not forget who almost took this club down the feckin tubes in the first place (and many posters agreed at the time)- and the other issues attached to those two seasons. And before the personal "insults" I was going to let this rest.

But lets give praise where praise is due - the Muppets have learned from their mistakes and the fortunate intorduction of TB and a few other changes have brought this club up to SPL standard. They have learned from their mistakes and are becoming more and more "professional by the day" - can only be good fer the club.

But some can blame the likes of me BUT we were in "CRISIS" because of inane decisions.

So smack me with all the red dots ya feckin care to give me - cos if ya dont agree you are either deluded or feckin unaware of what happened.

I hope that this post shows how much I actually CARE - I am eating humble pie but if TB hadnt come along and Brewster hadnt been pushed (by the fans)we may all be feckin starving.

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 3

Translation:

"GIRFUY IHE!"

I don't think all the negativity the club faced in this matter was just from IHE!

Aye we may not always see eye to eye but we dont take the **** when it is serious. :twothumbsup:

And good post Sorted - I hope that you are spot on but behind the scenes is a different matter - so me the books and I will eat a whole plate of Humble Pie.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

can remember YOU having a lot to say at the time as well. Bring on the feckin red dots if they have to come - at least I stick by my principles ya CREEP

Everyone had a lot to say at the time and some of it was beyond harsh. I consistently gave the much maligned board (to quote Sorted) the benefit of the doubt, because I thought it was clear they were the victims of a Romanian stitch up, and because I don't think they've ever really let us down - well, apart from being too slow to punt Brewster.

Anyway, does this case count as our first win in Europe?

• Agree 1

Looking for the green dots eh - can remember YOU having a lot to say at the time as well. Bring on the feckin red dots if they have to come - at least I stick by my principles ya CREEP

Red and green dots are a luxury enjoyed by those who are incapable of assembling a coherent sentence and they should be done away with.

Have a green one on me mate. Mine's a pint of Caledonian 80 at Diggers on the 18th btw!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Red and green dots are a luxury enjoyed by those who are incapable of assembling a coherent sentence and they should be done away with.

Slightly off-topic, but there is another forum I frequent where there is a "thanks for this useful post" function, which actually puts your username in to show who it is that appreciated the comments made and/or support the points given. And for those that really disagree, there is always the "report this post" where you can give the moderators a reason why you object and leave it up to them to decide.

I agree with the comment above but only to a certain extent - I am using the green dot but I find that the quota limit is restrictive so I don't always get to support all the good points that I agree with, and I have only used the red dot about twice and only because I was really supporting others on the site to show how unwelcome the posts actually were. I don't agree that you need to respond in writing every time just to say you support a good comment, I think there is a place for a "thanks" function, but I do think that if you disagree with a point then unless someone has already said it for you (and you can then thank them to show support) then you should write it down as part of the discussion.

Anyway, back to the thread . . . biggrin.gif

I agree with sorted. Too many people on here are too quick to spout off before knowing the facts. Sometimes better to stay mute than go down the wrong track, and all it does is add fuel to the fire and then the bandwagon fills up.

If I don't know enough about something, I don't post about it, simples.

As far as winning the case is concerned, great, well done.

As far as first victory in Europe, no, that was in Denmark against FC Nordsjælland, 0-1. Think it was Proctor that scored.

And..........to round off his week of bad results, Marius is set to be released by Dinamo after a return of 3 goals this season. He may be heading to China to try his luck. Dinamo will allegedly free up £10k a week by releasing him, or will that be Euro's, who knows.

It must all be true, I read it in the Sun newspaper.

Nae luck Marius.

Edited by tm4tj
adding info.

The grounds under which an appeal will be granted are very limited. Any appeal would effectively have to be based on one of 3 things.....

1. CAS were acting outwith their jurisdiction
  2. There was some kind of procedural breach
  3. The decision was contrary to public policy

.....interesting.

Oh come on now Marius, dont you know when your beaten?:whistle:

Kind of figured there would be some scope for appeal. Just want it done and dusted.

I hope Marius is able to find himself a new club in the meantime and get back on form. I bare no ill will whatever the eventual outcome just that there is an outcome and a line is drawn under it for good and both paties can move on.

Obviously I'd prefer ICT were the ones who the eventual outcome did benefit like :toothy:

Does anyone know if the written adjudication will eventually be published here?

It would make interesting reading, find out what actually happened, to get the reason for overturning the previous decision, and to see if there are realistic grounds for appeal.

The grounds under which an appeal will be granted are very limited. Any appeal would effectively have to be based on one of 3 things.....

1. CAS were acting outwith their jurisdiction
  2. There was some kind of procedural breach
  3. The decision was contrary to public policy

.....interesting.

CD is spot on in stating that appeal grounds are very limited.

Await with interest but instinct tells me that there will be no appeal and perhaps this is just being used as a negotiating tool to try to reach out of court settlement on the forthcoming Sheriff Court action.

Have been wrong before though........:rolleyes: