FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Tractormen

Alex MacLeod

Looks like its another makeshift squad this week. Nick Ross might be available. Graeme Shinnie is in hospital with stomach problems. Grant suspended. Jonny Hayes is a doubtful after injuring his foot at Midden. Gillet Morrison and Blumenstien are back training but lack match fitness. Roy McBain is still injured and Dani Sanchez is likely out for the rest of the season. With that in mind I think the team will be:

Esson

Duff, Tokely, Innes, Hogg

(Not sure how that would fit in)

Proctor, Cox, Duncan, Doran

Foran, Rooney

Bench: Tuffey, Golabek, Odhiambo, MacDonald, Ross (if fit) Polworth

Thats pretty much everyone that could be available

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Esson

Duff, Tokely, Innes, Hogg

(Not sure how that would fit in)

Proctor, Cox, Duncan, Doran

Foran, Rooney

Bench: Tuffey, Golabek, Odhiambo, MacDonald, Ross (if fit) Polworth

I think TB might play Duff at left back and Rossoce at right back - Duff was solid enough there on Saturday after Butcher switched him and Proctor after Saints' second goal. Probably a toss up between Proctor and Odhiambo for the wide right role. Think I'd rather see Ross in the team ahead of either of them if he was fit though.

Here's how I would play it (although I think it will be Tokely at LB and Duff RB on the day):

Esson

Tokely Innes Hogg

Duff<------------------------------->Doran

Proctor -- Duncan

Cox

Foran Rooney

With 3 at the back, and a couple of them a bit slow, we can put in a solid wall. That should be enough for fairly average attackers. Duff and Doran can bomb forward as much as possible (I'd never have them there for an away match mind you), knowing there's always cover for them. Proctor and Duncan to cover the full-backs. Bit of a long ball game unfortunately with Cox playing further forward, disrupting Saints time on the ball, hoping for some panic to give Foran/Rooney some chances (Foran just that little bit deeper than Rooney).

Depsite the 3-at-the-back, it's still pretty attacking down the wings. The let down is no Ross, Sanchez or Blumanshtein for that attacking mid-role, hence the long ball.

I dread to think what team we will be forced to field on Saturday. We still have till Saturday morning for more players to get injured or struck down by illness.

Edited by ajsict92

Guest Mahonio

I dread to think what team we will be forced to field on Saturday. We still have till Saturday morning for more players to get injured or struck down by illness.

Hopefully not or it would have been pointless for Butcher "to have banned phsical training this week"

My team for Saints:

Esson

Duff, Tokely, Hogg, Gillet

Ross/Odhiambo, Cox, Duncan, Doran

Rooney and Foran.

Edited by Mahonio

------------------------ Esson------------------------------

Duff-----------Tokely----------Hogg----- -----------Proctor

Odhiambo------Cox--------Duncan--------- -----Doran

-------------------------Foran-----------------------------

-------------------------Rooney-----------------------------

Subs- Tuffey, Innes, Blumenshtein, Sutherland, MacDonald, Polworth

TB saying in this morning's P&J he can't afford the luxury of playing Foran alonsgide Rooney. I think that's a mistake. Given our defensive frailties we should be set up for all out attack.

• Agree 1

TB saying in this morning's P&J he can't afford the luxury of playing Foran alonsgide Rooney. I think that's a mistake. Given our defensive frailties we should be set up for all out attack.

Agreed, that says to me that Butcher would rather draw the game then try and win. I don't like that. If ICT don't attack, they won't win. It's as simple as that. Better to have a win and a loss, than two draws.

------------------------ Esson------------------------------

Duff-----------Tokely----------Hogg----- -----------Proctor

Odhiambo------Cox--------Duncan--------- -----Doran

-------------------------Foran-----------------------------

-------------------------Rooney-----------------------------

Subs- Tuffey, Innes, Blumenshtein, Sutherland, MacDonald, Polworth

I would switch Proctor and Duff around. Proctor only lasted about 20 minutes as a makeshift left back so i doubt he will be there again.