FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT sign English Striker

caleyrule

Surely that's the last striker we are gonna sign we now have foran tade Shane and gornell

Time to focus on defense

I agree that defence is an absolute must to be strengthened but i dont necessarily think that Butcher has finished with strengthening up front. Foran and Sutherland were rarely played as out and out strikers last season and while both can play there Butcher has used them more as either wide players or behind the striker. Last season we had Rooney, Foran, Sutherland, Sanchez, Odhiambo, Alex Macdonald who were all classed as forwards. This season we have (so far) Tade, Gornell, Foran and Sutherland so i can see another striker coming in

Don't forget Gil Blumenshtein !! everyone else has lol

• Agree 1

Surely that's the last striker we are gonna sign we now have foran tade Shane and gornell

Time to focus on defense

I agree that defence is an absolute must to be strengthened but i dont necessarily think that Butcher has finished with strengthening up front. Foran and Sutherland were rarely played as out and out strikers last season and while both can play there Butcher has used them more as either wide players or behind the striker. Last season we had Rooney, Foran, Sutherland, Sanchez, Odhiambo, Alex Macdonald who were all classed as forwards. This season we have (so far) Tade, Gornell, Foran and Sutherland so i can see another striker coming in

Don't forget Gil Blumenshtein !! everyone else has lol

He certainly seemed to drift out of the picture very quickly in the season

I thought he was a winger/attacking midfielder, think i only saw him on the park for us once competitively and he was played out wide

According to this article posted at 11am Terry Gornell has agreed a two year deal with Accrington Stanley.

http://www.lancashir...Stanley_invite/

Apologies it looks like the page has been changed since I last looked

Jeffers gets Accrington Stanley invite

Lancashire Telegraph - Chris Flanagan - 2 hours ago

But Andy Procter, Luke Joyce and Terry Gornell have agreed two-year deals to stay with ...

Looks like the sports reporter is not so good with the lancashire Telegraph.

Andy Procter, Luke Joyce and Terry Gornell have agreed two-year deals to stay with Accrington Stanley.

But the future of Gornell remains unclear with the striker considering his options after speaking to Inverness.

A League Two club are also interested.

Inverness boss Terry Butcher said: “We’ve had a chat with Terry Gornell and know his contract is up at end of month.

"We know he can move north of the border without a fee.”

That claim may be contested by Stanley, though, because Gornell is under 23 – the age limit for Bosman free transfers between two separate countries

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9111198.Trio_sign_new_Accrington_Stanley_deals/

Edited by marks

Spoke to some of my colleagues in the Burnley based crisis team and apparently the Accrington fans are fuming about this. I am told that this guy is really one for the future - great pace - they reckon he can play wide if needed, is not an out and out goalscorer but is pacy and the perfect foil fer a traditional centre forward - such as Tade or Shane.

Doesnt sound good!

Sounds like we may have been gazumped

The forward has been offered a two-year deal to remain at Stanley but came close to a move to Inverness Caledonian Thistle earlier this week and is now speaking to Shrewsbury, who signed Reds defender Joe Jacobson yesterday.

Inverness now appear resigned to defeat in their bid to sign Gornell.

Taken from a lancashire telegraph article, cant do linky at the moment

Hope this isnt true

Doesnt sound good!

Sounds like we may have been gazumped

The forward has been offered a two-year deal to remain at Stanley but came close to a move to Inverness Caledonian Thistle earlier this week and is now speaking to Shrewsbury, who signed Reds defender Joe Jacobson yesterday.

Inverness now appear resigned to defeat in their bid to sign Gornell.

Taken from a lancashire telegraph article, cant do linky at the moment

Hope this isnt true

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/accringtonstanley/news/9112959.Accrington_Stanley_striker_in_Shrewsbury_talks/ THIS IS THE LINK YOUR AFTER ,BIB SURPRIZE TO US AS WELL :irritated: