FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

St Mirren Game

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

Just a post to let you guys ken that our game with St Mirren is the game chosen by BBC ALBA for next week, 1730 and again at 2300 (Sky Channel 168, not sure what number on Freeview).

Also, what team would you choose for that game.

Esson

Meekings, Tokely, Hogg, Gillet

Davis, Tansey, Foran

Hayes, Tade, A.Shinnie.

Subs: Tuffey, Piermayr, G.Shinnie, Cox, Chippendale, Sutherland, McKay.

Edited by Mahonio

I suspect that Terry will go with the same gain although I am trying to persuade him to go with:

ESSON

MEEKINS TOKELY HOGG GILLET

COX

ROSS DAVIS SHINNIE

HAYES FORAN

As I alluded to in the Tynie match thread I really dont think that Foran is 100% fit and he will struggle in left midfield if he is. Perhaps this was one of the reasons for playing him up front. As fer Tade - wait for it - I feel a bit sorry for him - I feel that he was standing out when we played a system where his duty was to run and harry all over the front line. He now has Hayes, Foran and Shinnie covering further up the park and he has been playing more in a more traditional striker role which isnt his forte.

I would have really tried out Sutherland but Terry clearly isnt convinced. Foran, even less that 100%, is a far better target man than Tade. I have always felt sorry fer Nicky Ross as I feel that he would really benefit from a run in central midfield.

-------------------Tuffey

Meekings -------------------Shinnie G

--------------Tokely Gillet

------Tansey-----Cox----DD

Shinnie A-------------------Hayes

------------------Tade

Subs: Esson, Hogg, Ross, Sutherland, Chippendale, Foran

Foran hasnt been 100% for a while IMHO and at times can be a negative bitchy towards some thus getting the heads down so give him a chance to put in his 90 mins in the last 20 mins.

Tuffey on to mix it up abit, when was the last clean sheet.....

Our big problem is not our keeper or who our defenders are its the momentary lapses in concentration that are our downfall. We totally dominated Kilmarnock but became complacent and let them come back at us. At Dunfermline we came back from 2-1 down to lead 3-2 with about five minutes to go and dropped our guard. On saturday we were up for a share of the points and dropped our guard. Even against Celtic with ten men we could have been a lot more defensive and soaked up the pressure and maybe even held on. Every player is capable of giving 100% for 90 minutes. They've all proved that So why cant we get a whole team to give 100% for a whole game?

Really have to agree, Tuffey should be given a chance. Maybe a different communicator at the back might settle the back four.

At the end of the day we are bottom of the league and maybe the managers blind loyalty to certain players is costing us dear.

Foran was poor at Tynecastle as was Tansey again, maybe now is the time for the manager to make some difficult calls and utilize his full squad. ie Chippendale, Mckay, Sutherland etc.

We looked pretty stale on Saturday maybe time for a we shake up.

Appreciate that football is a matter of opinion but ..............

Ryan Esson is recognised by many as being in the top five Scottish keepers playing at the moment. Not that long ago he was under serious consideration for the national squad and posters on here were very critical of his exclusion. Now, for no apparent reason other than 'fancy a change' some want to replace him 'as it might make a difference'.

Come on guys, this isn't Championship Manager!

Quite clear to me that the one area we definitely don't have to worry about or change is our keeper. But if (in the unlikely event that) Terry does chose to follow your advice, I would expect Ryan to be banging his door and seeking a move in January. And he would be right.

Let's focus on issues not perception.

• Agree 3

We are not talking about last season, we are talking about now, this season.

Accepted this might be harsh but nobody should be guaranteed a starting place on past performances.

Do we not think Tuffey should be given a chance ? This is not making changes for changes sake. We are struggling big time in defence and it needs to be addressed.

For what it's worth I agree Esson is an excellent keeper, but we need to stop conceding and if by having a different keeper that brings confidence to the back four then so be it.

Ffs I'm just thinking outside the box here, I agree to some agree with you sorted, let's look else where too.... we are on a bit of a sticky wicket all over n imho granty must of some how managed the back line in some way too, foran is the captain an should!!! Keep there heads up but seems as he tires he ****** and moans at them driving the heads down AND causing us to lose focuses...

Same as last week for me. I was tempted to put in Sutherland for Tade but Tade blows so hot and cold, I'd give him a first half/60 mins. Hogg just needs a couple of games to get settled.

Cox needs some reserve games/from the bench before coming straight back in. Tansey looks the pick of this year's bunch for me. He's still pretty young and playing largely in a withdrawn role. If we could tie him up to a longer contract, I think we could have a future captain on our hands. I'd expect him to be a lot better once someone like Jones or Cox comes in as a defensive midfielder.

Chippendale should be used more but I think of him as an impact player with 30 mins left. And I don't mean that as any sort of slight on him.

I can see the value of Tuffey coming in. Basically, I would see it as a matter of who will stay and who will leave regarding contracts. It's not a problem position.

So the logic for dropping Esson is not that he has played badly but that a new keeper may make the difference between having a clean sheet or not. How is Tuffey meant to improve the communication for the defence when he has hardly played!. Unbelievable.

• Agree 2

There's 10 players I would drop before dropping Esson, He is not the weakest link. This literally would be change for changes sake and extremely unfair on him.

TBs substitutions are not great ! Might as well use the goalie so help settle this debate - Give Tuffey 45 minutes !!