FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT squad 2012-13

Have to agree a good number of chances made last season and not taken so A good striker has to be top priority

Young gun Jason oswell got 19 goals in 20 for Rhyl in the welsh league last year. So that indicates to me that when he's given chances he can take them.

Lack of experience yes but could be hungry.

I'm not trying to run this Oswell guy down just yet, but can't see him being any more than a substitute/bench player at this time. He might have scored nineteen times in the Welsh League, but remember Andy Barrowman scored more than that in Division Two, which for my money is probably a significantly higher standard.

• Agree 1

I agree that the striking department looks pretty light at the moment, especially if Butcher continues to use Shane out wide rather than up front.

I would like to see Shane get a chance playing up front rather than out wide as i feel he could do be pretty useful, think he will be used more this year than he was last year.

That said we could still do with another option up front.

Hopefully with Hayes and Gillet leaving then that frees up space for another 2 players on top of the 7 originally targetted

Is Doran training again? He picked up another injury in the second last game of the season at Midden and then missed the last game.

What about Hogg? Is he back to full training?

Doran and Hogg were both in a week early for extra work from what I read on twitter anyway. Love that commitment.

Edited by lukemackay

Inverness Courier is reporting today that Butcher is wanting to make 2 additions to the squad this week. Ross Draper is widely reported to be one of them so one more arriving this week.

Good to see our attacking options are being considered:

Butcher has already brought in four new faces including 19-year-old striker Jason Oswell on a one-year deal, but the former England skipper has alluded to his plans to bolster his goal scoring ranks further.

“Jason is only a young boy and he has a lot to learn and build on, but he has tremendous prospects as far as we are concerned,” Butcher commented.

“Two seasons ago we lost Adam Rooney, who was our top scorer, now we have lost two leading scorers but we have also got Andy Shinnie back to full fitness and he is looking really good.

“We are also looking to add to the squad in that position and it is something we are working on and if we have to that every year then whilst it’s not great, it means we are getting players in that can score goals.

Still a bit of work to be done. We still need another 2 centre halves, another left back, a wide man to replace Jonny Hayes and another striker. Wonder how many loan signings Butcher is planning this season

Full article here: http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/More-additions-for-Caley-Thistle-this-week-03072012.htm

I think Doran will be a natural replacement for JH. The glimpses I got of him in between injuries were encouraging and really looking forward to seeing him fully fit this season.

But Doran naturally plays on the left wing... we need a new right winger...

Fair comment, but I mean that he is a similar type of player so the effect he has on a game will be similar to a Hayes rather than anyone else in the team whether he is on the right or left. I think if we had 2 JH's then a replacement would be necessary. Just a thought.

• Agree 1

I hope the Ross Draper deal has been sorted out as it appears that McGhee at Bristol Rovers has targeted him also....

There is nothing official yet but the Press and Journal yesterday was reporting that Draper had been North and had trained with the squad. The article also said that they had agreed a deal so hopefully we dont get gazumped. What ive read about this player sounds pretty good, think he would be a decent addition to the squad

Todays Highland News suggesting that a deal for Draper should be completed before the weekend

Midfielder Ross Draper, who has turned down a new deal at Conference National side Macclesfield Town, should become the fifth new capture before the weekend.
  • Agree 1

If ICT sign another winger, I'd like to see how Doran could get on up top. I think having him as part of a front two or three alongside a finisher could work very well indeed, kind of similar to what Paterson did with Barry Wilson a decade or so ago.