FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SPL Neil Doncaster Warning

Dargo20

There clearly has been more that just Doncaster at play in the background and some clubs need to ask what their Executive Officers have been up to over the past few days.

Doncaster has been shown to be out of touch with the wider members interests and views during this whole episode and surely continuing in his role must be in untenable.

In his clip where he passes things over to the SFL and SFA, he once more seems to be a step behind in that there is no mechanism for an additional club moving from the SFL to the SPL. Rather than sitting back, I suspect that there needs to be proactive action in progressing the filling of the the Club 12 position which is now available.

41zZWV3yPmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
now he's backtracking .... Press Association article from 10 minutes ago

Scottish Premier League chief executive Neil Doncaster has played down fears of clubs facing immediate threat of insolvency events following their decision to reject the newco Rangers application. Doncaster acknowledged that the short-term commercial impact of their decision was difficult to determine given uncertainty over contracts including broadcasting deals. But when asked about an instant danger to clubs, he said: "I wouldn't have thought so. I'm not privy to the details of all member clubs' financial positions. The whole issue has an awful lot riding on it, there are some big numbers involved. The easy decision would have been to say 'yes' and protect commercial revenues. The clubs have decided to be bold and say 'no'."

Full Article

http://www.google.co...61341426171482A

He still doesnt get it does he ??? The clubs are not being bold (well not as their primary purpose anyway), the clubs are following their supporters and even a large number of supporters of Rangers Oldco in placing sporting integrity before commercial gain.

This fool needs to resign now if he thinks the "easy" decision would have been YES ... There was no easy decision for any chairman in terms of finances and keeping their clubs afloat, especially with all the alleged bully-boy (or was that Billy-Boy) and scare tactics coming from his direction ... instead there was just the right decision in saying no and preserving the integrity of the sport, a decision that may hurt now, but that hopefully will ultimately allow Scottish Football to bounce back, perhaps re-organise itself so it is not a duopoly off the park as well as on it, and shed itself of those who seek to further the agenda of just two clubs instead of all 42 .......

• Agree 1

Doncaster is not the only one who doesn't get it. In his statement, Green said he was disappointed that their application to "rejoin" the SPL had been rejected. Rangers Newco have never been in the SPL (or any other for that matter) and therefore it was simply not possible to rejoin. His statement should have said that he was disappointed the SPL chairmen had put footballing integrity first and had rejected his club's application to join a league they have absolutely no right to be a part of.

Mr Green, I'm available to write your press statements if you wish - and seeing as its you, I'll waive my usual fee.

• Agree 1

Dear Donkey it seem like you have competition http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers-newco-slow-lingering-death-for-scottish-football-if-rangers-in-third-division-1-2392610

Regan its time to move your office away from Glasgow as its influencing your thought processes too much, clubs are prepared to take a hit to do whats right but the ones at the top of the tree seem to have their own agendas.

DIV 1 is wrong Div 2 is wrong. the company no longer exists.

The Old firm have been trying to leave Scottish football for years so honestly Regan where do your loyalties lie.

The SPL, well, they are in essence a profit making cartel, so not too surprising

What is surprising is Stewart Regan, Chief Exec. of the SFA, the national governing body, weighing in on one side, and how he is weighing in! Social unrest, vines withering, clubs to the wall....

Im sure they are saying "the fans don't know what the implications are, blah blah" but we do, if a club goes out of business because another team is not in that league, then so be it. If that's the case, it will happen sooner than later. Clubs banking on one club's away fans for their survival have overstretched themselves. Turkeys voting for Christmas? It's already Boxing Day.

Edited by Kirishima

Regan's comments certainly appear to add weight to the 'Celtic minded' element who have always believed that the SFA are principally there to protect Rangers.

The SFA 'will not allow' Rangers to be relegated to the 3rd Division?

In amongst all the debate re placing Newco into the 1st Division, at what point do Rangers (sorry I meant the SFA) inform the SFL that every team other than Rangers is to be given a 60 point penalty to ensure that Rangers also get promoted?

Unbelievable !

Has Regan given a seconds thought to the views of the majority of scottish football fans who would like to see sporting integrity decide in which league new rangers should play? I'm sure the SPL won't be as attractive to SKY/ESPN/etc/etc without rangers ......but neither will an SPL with rangers playing in empty stadiums all around the country as fans decide to stay away from a corrupt sport !!! I had hoped that the SFA would be impartial ? :slapme:

Social unrest ???? .........is that the same social unrest that comes from religious bigotry for which rangers, and celtic, are the main vehicles?

I fear for the future of Scottish football with Regan and Doncaster at the helm ! :clown:

• Agree 1

Unbelievable !

Has Regan given a seconds thought to the views of the majority of scottish football fans who would like to see sporting integrity decide in which league new rangers should play? I'm sure the SPL won't be as attractive to SKY/ESPN/etc/etc without rangers ......but neither will an SPL with rangers playing in empty stadiums all around the country as fans decide to stay away from a corrupt sport !!! I had hoped that the SFA would be impartial ? :slapme:

Social unrest ???? .........is that the same social unrest that comes from religious bigotry for which rangers, and celtic, are the main vehicles?

I fear for the future of Scottish football with Regan and Doncaster at the helm ! :clown:

The social unrest comment was unbelievable. Each new statement I see from Doncaster and Regan brings with it a real sense of bewilderment

I competely agree about the latter part you wrote, this whole situation has shown Regan and Doncaster up to be completely corrupt and devoid of morals.

How can we seriously plan for a fairer more competitive playing field for Scottish football when they have so clearly displayed that morals, rules, competition and indeed laws should all come second to ensuring that the Old Firm remain in the SPL in order to keep money coming in from TV contracts.

Even the Rangers fans now want to start in Div 3 time Regan started to listen to Fans and forget about money, His statement is nothing short of disgraceful hopefully the SFL clubs will give Rangers fans their wish.

Alternatively Mr Green should listen to his fans and give them their wish and come out and publicly state that their application for the SFL should be in Div 3.

Mr Green time to stand up and be counted as most SPL Chaiman did , with the exception of Kilmarnock, and if I was at home in Scotland I for one would not travel to Kilmarnock ground

Have to agree with the previous comments. At a time when the SFA should be doing all it can to restructure Scottish football to move it to a level playing field for all teams, not just the Old Firm, they are trying to influence clubs with dire warnings of financial meltdown of which I have seen no real evidence to back up this claim. For sure, it will cause clubs financial problems, some more than others but to get the chance, which will not come again for many years, to totally restrucure Scottish football and improve it for all clubs/fans and for teh SFA not to grasp that and try to achieve it simply beggars belief.

Am I also the only one who thinks that the west coast mafia, sorry media, seem to be trying to exert huge influence on this as without Rangers to write about, they will have half their workload disappear.

Interesting reading. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9376851/Rangers-hopes-of-reprieve-in-SPL-vote-sunk-by-arrogant-Malcolm-Murray.html

I personally dont think Malcolm Murray destroyed Rangers chances of staying in the SPL it was already decided

You are probably correct that in the main the decision had been taken, however there appears to have been yet another example of lack of humility from Rangers, their officers and indeed their fans.

They (as a club) seem to miss the point that it is their own actions which have created this situation and everyone is going to suffer as a result.

To date, the only punishment against the club itself is a 10 point deduction. Other punishments are either against individuals or subject to further appeal (following the legal case).

If I get this correct, Rangers fans seem to be suggesting that Newco should have been allowed to enter the SPL with no debts and no further punishment (remember the pour souls have had the 'humiliation' of administration and liquidation). I'm sure that this option will have been gladly taken up by Kilmarnock and others to get rid of the cost of servicing their own debts.

The other clubs have been left in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. It was even suggested earlier by one ex-footballer that Rangers must be allowed to sign players immediately (even though they are not in any league at the moment), because otherwise it was putting at risk their chances of promostion from Division 1.

The whole situation would be improved greatly if fans from outwith the old firm actively backed (and are seen to be actively backing) their clubs financially at the moment (just see the number of people on other threads giving every reason possible as to why they are not renewing their season tickets.

• Agree 1

Elvis saying it exactly how it is. Scottish football lacks leadership. Spot on Elvis.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18743482

Give me the job as Top Jock and straight away I will set up two 16 team leagues (SPL1 and SPL2 for name sake) and one 10 team league (holding pen) and have 2 regional leagues in the Highland league and a new Lowland league above the rest of the amatuer set up.

In the top tier (SPL1). 30 games each, play each other twice. 1 team will win championship and get champions league top spot. teams 2-5 will enter a play off tournament to decide the next avaliable european spots. 2 semi finals and a final and a 3rd place play off. Winner will get next available euro spot, runner up the next and if one (or more) of these teams win cup(s) then the 3rd place team will get a spot.

Relegation will be 3 teams down automatically. the 4th bottom team will play off against the runner up of the promotion play off runner up.

In the 2nd tier (SPL2) 2 teams up automatically. winners and best placed runner up. 2-6 have promotion playoffs like the Championship in England. Winners take the 3rd promotion spot. Runners up play off against 4th bottom SPL1 team for spot in SPL1.

3 teams down again, 1 play off final, 4th bottom v 4th top of holding pen.

All Play Off Semis 2 leg home and away. Final, 1 game at hampden or other neutral venue should Queens Park be involved.

Holding pen, 3 teams up with 4th place playing 4th bottom of spl2 for another spot.

All teams in this league 6-10th will be eligible for demotion to region league with lower placed teams given relegation preference. But entirely dependent on region team application being accepted (ie solvency, stadium safety and facilities). Only one regional team from each region league to be promotion candidates. The winners.

It's not perfect but with so much scope for promotion and relegation it removes the stigma of the same old teams every season and provides plenty of genuine end of season excitement. Some chairmen might cack it at having a 1 in 4 chance of demotion but 12 teams stay up (one more than current) definitely with possibly one more and all teams 2-5th (depending on uefa co-efficicents) can get 2nd champ league spot if they win 3 games.

And set up a national centre of footballing excellence with football training and schooling. ie clare fontaine in France.

I am the chicken macdaDDY.