FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee v ICT pre-match build up

12th Man

Im going to get the train from Glasgow and book on the bus to go up to Sneck after the game. The Scotland V Ireland Shinty/Hurling match is being played at the Bught the next dayl A great weekend of sport!

Mrs IHE is going shopping to Livi on the Saturday so will be driving up to Dungdee on the Friday and staying in Travel Lodge overnight - it is rite beside the train station so could meet up and have a few swallies to oil the tonsils.

Mannie - will try and stay sensible and do the Match Report !!

Off topic but was laughing at TSNY's comment, Mr CaleyJag and I are getting married in Spetember but I planned it for an international weekend!

You sensible, sensible person! There's a time and a place for weddings and they're not for during the season. I got married during the World Cup! :lol:

• Agree 1

If we don't win by a huge margin I'll be disappointed. Gutted I can't make it because of a wedding. Why do some people get married during the football season? Selfish. Do sky customers in England get BBC Alba?

No problem with ALBA in englandshire. Channel 168. Agree with weddings in fitba season. Do guys not stand up for themselves when organising dates!! I had to use a perfectly good away day v Hibs a couple of weeks ago, at a wedding in Carrbridge. Have to admit, was a crackin day though.

• Agree 1

If we don't win by a huge margin I'll be disappointed. Gutted I can't make it because of a wedding. Why do some people get married during the football season? Selfish. Do sky customers in England get BBC Alba?

No problem with ALBA in englandshire. Channel 168. Agree with weddings in fitba season. Do guys not stand up for themselves when organising dates!! I had to use a perfectly good away day v Hibs a couple of weeks ago, at a wedding in Carrbridge. Have to admit, was a crackin day though.

Many years ago I was at a wedding which had the traditional line up where guests going into the reception dinner congratulated the bride and groom as they went in. The line shuffled in at a reasonable pace but suddenly stopped for a few minutes as one elderly gentleman took an inordinate amount of time shaking hands with the groom and appeared to be engaged in a one-sided conversation. The remainder of the line were starting to get impatient as they wanted to get their scran down and start the real celebration and really enjoy their Saturday night. There was almost an audible sigh of relief as the gentleman let go of the groom's hand and stepped away allow the line to continue as before.

It wasn't until after the honeymoon that the groom told me what had happened. His uncle had grabbed his hand, said "well done son, you've got yourself a cracker there" and, pulling him closer, started to recite the scores for all the Divisions starting with the top and working downwards!

• Agree 3