FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Having Faith

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I know i've probably said this a lot over last 2-3 seasons but i think ANOTHER apology is due because a few weeks ago i was calling for Butcher to go, well, i promised myself after the United game that i wouldn't call for his sacking again, especially after our last 3 wins, i now feel stupid for starting that topic.

From now on, i promise to think before posting drivel ;) ;).

The management duo have shown that even during the true low of relegation they could pick the team and fans up. Picking the team and fans up from the recent depression this season demonstrates a real professionalism and foresight to lift the boys to new levels despite low points.

Hats off all round so far, trust is building all the time. I love a steady ship!!

• Agree 1

I have had my doubts this season, but so glad I have made a few away games, for the sheer excitement and drama of this current team. I hope T & M start thinking about securing contracts for next season to further build on this young exciting team. ICT for me.

Yeah Mahonio, I'm in a similar situation to you, Iwas pretty fed up with the new ICT, don't get me wrong still supported them but to be honest felt rather apathetic towards the team and was honestly thinking Butcher would be best slinging his hook.

Like you this wasn't the first time I'd lost faith in El Tel but low and behold he's bounced back again and made us regret our feelings.

Hats off to T.B & M.M and of course the players.

• Agree 1

Well done you lot, welcome to the ICT supporters club :lol:

There is still a long way to go so expect a few twists and turns ahead BUT this team is building into something capable of causing huge upsets in the future and going on to greater things.

Keep the faith rwards will come. :wink:

To Terry

Make sure the defense gets stronger and stronger and then remember what Stevenson ,the Scots engineer who designed the steam engine, once said over his drafting table (is that draughting? This North American spelling has now taken me over completely )

" there is no limit to the speed we can achieve if the engine can be made to stand it."

Now, there's a though.......Strong defense and then 5 forwards going all out to get the largest number of goals ever scored by the end of the season in the SPL. Can happen, guys, can happen; the way things are going.

Faaaaaan-tastic.

Two defeats in twelve games at the start of an SPL season is, I think, our best start ever. It has taken time to build a team that can play the way Tel wants and he's been seen by many as having been very ruthless in the way he does it but it is a results sport and I believe we will see that progress we've all desired over this coming season.

Two defeats in twelve games at the start of an SPL season is, I think, our best start ever. It has taken time to build a team that can play the way Tel wants and he's been seen by many as having been very ruthless in the way he does it but it is a results sport and I believe we will see that progress we've all desired over this coming season.

We had 14 points from 9 games in our first season back and we started slow that season as well despite hitting Dundee Utd for 4 likewise. Let hope if we parallel that season we this time have the staying power to remain in the top 6 this time as our form will drift at some point and teams below us gain form. I certainly looks like when we are flying and the confidence is up we are sticking the ball in the net, but at some point we will have to grind out results. I think though we have a better standard of player throughout the whole squad than back then.

• Agree 1

Hope y'all remember that when we have a few bad results at some point. It's football - it WILL happen!

But we're footie fans so we've to take the rough with the smooth.

And I'd rather be an ICT supporter, even when we're on a poor run, than an old firm or c*unty supporter.

MON THE JAGS!!! :ictscarf:

• Agree 3

Well I guess it would be nice

If I could touch your body

I know not everybody

Has got a body like you

But I've got to think twice

Before I give my heart away

And I know all the games you play

Because I play them too

Oh but I

Need some time off from that emotion

Time to pick my heart up off the floor

And when that love comes down

Without devotion

Well it takes a strong man baby

But I'm showing you the door

'Cause I gotta have faith.... :blink:

• Agree 1

Being more patient than some other fans, I was always 'keeping the faith' and waiting to see how things transpire. Hopefully this is just the start. Believe in Terry & Mo!!!

We need to consolidate with a good result at the wknd then its the biggest game of the season IMO - chance for a cup final and against a team who on weekly performances look awful yet will undoubtedly raise their game to match the players 'abilities'.

Edited by bdu98196

The team are on a good run just know, and credit must go the management for the part they played in that. There are though, still many months of the season ahead and many battles still to fight.

Edited by Renegade