FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Poll : who do you want in the semi-final?

Yngwie

Who do you want to face in the League Cup semi-final?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to face in the League Cup semi-final?

Easter Rd = bigger crowd = more money for ICT and a better atmosphere too.

It doesn't bother me that the other fans have less distance to travel, lucky them, but its not as if we are being asked to travel further than for any other realistic alternative venue.

TBH, I'd have preferred to see us play at Hampden, afterall if the other semi is there we should also get the national stadium. If they played the other semi at Ibrox and left Hampden only for the final it would be better.

If its Easter Rd, then so be it, smaller stadium and will be full hopefully.........and not any further for us to travel than if it was Glasgow anyhow.

According to the journos on twitter will be up to the tv companies who gets which day?

So basically, it's down to whatever day Sky would prefer to show St. Mirren v Celtic.

BBC is it not? Don't think Sky cover the Communities cup

I'm a fan of two legged semi finals myself. Look at some of the epic league cup semi finals there's been in England in the last few years. West ham vs Birmingham, Man U vs man city, and villa vs Blackburn. It's always a brilliant spectacle.

That's would be something for whoever makes the format too look into.

But for now I'm buzzing for giving hearts a thrashing and going to hampden in march.

Apparantly ICTChris and TSNY had a word with Regan for the tie to be switched to ER.

In all seriousness Perth is too small. Hearts could sell 10,000 easy.... Perth only holds 10,000 seats. Tannadump is an option but at 14,000 the SFA might worry that theres a slight extra demand.

18000 for ER is the perfect size. Great stadium as well. It won‘t affect the players and we were always going to have to travel anyway.

I'm delighted that we got Hearts especially with the way things are going with them, no doubt there squad will be stripped even more in January that's if they are even in business come then.

My question is what happens if the worst comes to the worst for them and they go to the wall? Extreme I know but something to consider, technically if they come back as a Newco like Sevco then they are a completely new company and can't automatically take the place of out-going Hearts, the way things have gone with Scottish football in the last year nothing surprises me anymore.

Easter Road? Gives both teams the chance to fill it and create a great atmosphere which would be lost at Hampden, it's tighter and you sit closer to the pitch as well as opposed to miles away like at Hampden so of all the venues available I would say the best choice. Plus from a purely selfish point of view Caleyjag and I get the chance of another night out in Edinburgh and another visit to our favourite restaurant, I also haven't been to Easter Road yet so will be a nice change.

Just a rumour at this time but BBC (who have the rights to show one game per round) are trying to negotiate for the Celtic v St Mirren game for Sunday 27th with a 14:00 kick off thus leaving us for Saturday with no live coverage. As I say only a rumour but it comes from the same source that told me about the C*unty cup game 24hrs before it was announced

Guest Mahonio

Hope this is on TV but last year Celtic semi was on BBC with the Killie v Ayr on Radio and not TV.

If not, theres always the Highlights on the BBC at night but thats if this match goes ahead, remember, Hearts may be out of business by then ;).

Hope this is on TV but last year Celtic semi was on BBC with the Killie v Ayr on Radio and not TV.

If not, theres always the Highlights on the BBC at night but thats if this match goes ahead, remember, Hearts may be out of business by then ;).

You not coming then?

Looks like it, OCG. I imagine it'll depend on Celtic's fixtures too in January. It looks like they may still be involved in European competition come the new year.

European competitions won't resume until mid February, as most countries in central Europe have a winter break until then, some even longer. So that won't be an issue.