FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher to Barnsley? Terry stays put***

RossP

That Terry has turned down what will be the biggest job offered to an incumbent ICT manager, to reamain at the club shows just how far we have come and also how nuch belief he has in his team, make no mistake this is his team. I have no doubt that Terry will move on but until then he's ours and I'll continue to feel all warm and fluffy. :bighug:

hearts are a much bigger club than barnsley, robbo was never going to turn them down

aberdeen and pele too?

:lol:  :lol:

Best of all, I won't have to follow that darn awful Barnsley forum any more!

But I did just chuckle at a Barnsley fan's translation of the Terry's comments in the press release :

"I had a look, it looked shit, I came back."

• Agree 1

What a masterful stroke of managerial brilliance. TB has demonstrated his own loyalty, and has ignored the dollars caption on his flight control system. What self-respecting ICT player contemplating a contract offer could ignore that inspired piece of leadership?

• Agree 3

Best of all, I won't have to follow that darn awful Barnsley forum any more!

What's the deal with that stupid site?  Having to click different answers to see the replies?  What a load of rubbish!

Is this where I get to say "told you so"?

Why yes.  Yes it is.

That Terry has turned down what will be the biggest job offered to an incumbent ICT manager, to reamain at the club shows just how far we have come and also how nuch belief he has in his team, make no mistake this is his team. I have no doubt that Terry will move on but until then he's ours and I'll continue to feel all warm and fluffy. :bighug:

hearts are a much bigger club than barnsley, robbo was never going to turn them down

aberdeen and pele too?

I think the contract offered to him by Dundee United was a lot bigger, but I could be wrong.

Think Terry has made the right choice in staying put but I reckon there will always be temptation now if more established championship sides come calling

I'm still convinced Terry sees himself back at the Orcs one day in some shape or form and I wouldnt be surprised that he will team up with McCoist when they eventually return to the top flight

Anyway Barnsleys Loss is ICTs Gain tonight that goes without saying

Dougal

Edited by dougal

Is the Fat Lady really singing or are these just bum notes through laryngitis ???

If true then, ooops just heard it is true, TB on for the longest ever reigning SPL manager and will get his knighthood eventually staying at ICT.

Thanks Terry for justifying my faith in you, a modicum of doubt did creep in I must admit but that was down to the stupid negativity of some of the less enlightened posters who love to stir things up. Always did say that if you wear dark glasses when the rain comes on  you are likely to make a slip and fall on your faces.

Onwards in the league and cups, togetherNess is going to win.   :ictscarf:  

Whilst I am glad he's staying, I have to say this episode has been unsettling for the club.  Having two days of talks at another club hardly gives his out of contract (or indeed his in contract) players a message of loyalty to them or the club just as we launch into the January transfer window.  Togetherness has been the watchword this year and we need to maintain that if we are going to achieve what our current league position and place in the cups suggests we just might. 

By talking to Barnsley over two days, Terry gave a message to his players that he was seriously thinking of leaving them just when they've come so far.  The players in turn can be excused if they also look to pastures new.  He should have rejected the approach sooner.  To me, the important thing now is that he appears to have undone the damage by committing himself to the end of his contract which means that not only will he be here to the end of this season but to the end of next season as well.  That commitment should be enough to persuade players to sign on for next season to continue the journey.  Let's hope that some contracts will be signed in the next few days.

**WARNING**

This site will self destruct when any topic reaches 25 pages!

PLEASE STOP POSTING NOW!

still got 3 pages left then !

so terrys had his headlines - I reckon it was the lack of fresh air down south that sent him a bit doolally the same as whats happened with IHE

Whilst I am glad he's staying, I have to say this episode has been unsettling for the club.  Having two days of talks at another club hardly gives his out of contract (or indeed his in contract) players a message of loyalty to them or the club just as we launch into the January transfer window.  Togetherness has been the watchword this year and we need to maintain that if we are going to achieve what our current league position and place in the cups suggests we just might. 

By talking to Barnsley over two days, Terry gave a message to his players that he was seriously thinking of leaving them just when they've come so far.  The players in turn can be excused if they also look to pastures new.  He should have rejected the approach sooner.  To me, the important thing now is that he appears to have undone the damage by committing himself to the end of his contract which means that not only will he be here to the end of this season but to the end of next season as well.  That commitment should be enough to persuade players to sign on for next season to continue the journey.  Let's hope that some contracts will be signed in the next few days.

Think you're being a bit harsh on Terry there. He conducted himself professionally, spoke to them for the right reasons, decided to stay for the right reasons, and set an example to the players that you can turn down a massive pay rise to stay at a club that has something special about it.

• Agree 2

Think you're being a bit harsh on Terry there. He conducted himself professionally, spoke to them for the right reasons, decided to stay for the right reasons, and set an example to the players that you can turn down a massive pay rise to stay at a club that has something special about it.

Also it was the chairman who gave TB permission to speak to them, could `ve just said no.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1147880

Interview with Butcher.

Part 2:- http://audioboo.fm/boos/1147883

These are worth a listen as reminder that Terry is an absolute gent and a proffessional, who speaks so highly of ICT but also priases Barnsley.

BUT - notice how in the 2nd section, he completely skirts round the question of the vacancy at Doncaster. :amazed:

Really great news for the club and all credit to Sir Terence for not making money his number one object in the game but put loyalty first. It's a pity that many others in the game couldn't follow his example.

• Agree 2

Remind me never to invite you to any party of mine. Sheesh!

^^^ Boo boy IMO.