FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher to Barnsley? Terry stays put***

RossP

Sounds to me like he's been offered the job and is keen but it's all his backroom team.  Sounds like if Malpas says yes then they'll both go.  I doubt Butcher will go without him, so it could well be all down to Malpas now.

i have a sneaking suspicion Butcher is going nowhere, if he was going to go, he would be gone by now.

Cant agree with you , I'd have thought if he was staying put he would have politely told Barnsley to GTF by now .

And we would know.

i have a sneaking suspicion Butcher is going nowhere, if he was going to go, he would be gone by now.

Cant agree with you , I'd have thought if he was staying put he would have politely told Barnsley to GTF by now .

And we would know.

Agreed.  If it was a definite "no", then he would've told Barnsley at the time. 

Edited by Renegade

Honestly i am not worried at all and never have been, he will stay with us until at least the end of the season. No reason for him to leave at the moment and certainly not  to Barnsley, stay until the end of the season, finish 2nd in the league + a cup final bigger and better clubs will come calling.

Sounds to me like he's been offered the job and is keen but it's all his backroom team.  Sounds like if Malpas says yes then they'll both go.  I doubt Butcher will go without him, so it could well be all down to Malpas now.

That's what I was thinking too. Come back and explain to the backroom team what their terms would be and if they are happy to go, he'll go.

The only alternative I can think of for him not accepting/declining this morning was to come back and speak to our board about what improved terms would make him stay at ICT. (ie match Barnsley's £250,000 salary, £6m player wage budget and £2m transfer kitty!).

He wouldn't be my choice but I think you have to seperate Levein of Scotland and Levein of the SPL

Leveins problem with Scotland was the same as Burleys, hes far too passive and incapable of making an impact on the players over just a 3-4 day windows before matches.

Its the opposite reason I think Strachan or Souness would be superb Scotland managers, neither are capable of working with players for more than 4 days at a time but are big enough characters to make an impact over a short period of time.

Mostly off topic but I'd ignore Leveins record as Scotland boss.

Barnsley have already named a caretaker manager for their game on Saturday.

Didn't they anounce that before even meeting Butcher?

Not from the chain of events/information I have been following.

Was definitely at some point yesterday that Rowing told the press Flitcroft would be in charge for Saturday.

If all this is true and Mo is showing the club that level of loyalty and is clearly happy here then if TB goes surely he deserves the job.

I know he had a poor time at M'well and Swindon but we are not M'well or Swindon, plenty players have come to ICT and resurrected waning careers.

With the right person beside him, perhaps someone a little more media friendly, I'd be confident.

Anyway, purely yet another if this, if that situation, as has been said we'll just have to see what happens.

Barnsley have already named a caretaker manager for their game on Saturday.

Didn't they anounce that before even meeting Butcher?

Not from the chain of events/information I have been following.

Was definitely at some point yesterday that Rowing told the press Flitcroft would be in charge for Saturday.

Late last night....after having talked to Butcher.

Craig Davies our top scorer had. 300k release clause. So we had no choice but to sell, although I'm not disappointed to see him go. Would be more disappointed to lose out on Butcher, although my gut feeling is we probably will.