FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

League Cup Semi Final v. Hearts Build Up

Like I said just an opinion

Given the oposition and the potential

and the here and now

That doesn't make much sense. The here and now? Of course it's our biggest game ever in the here and now as it is our only game.

An opinion is fine but opinions can also be wrong! It is a very big game with the chance of getting to the final but it is in no way bigger than our two Scottish Cup semi finals. That is the top cup competition and wining those semi finals on both occasions would have seen us into Europe even if we lost the finals. Also the opposition isn't much different from Dundee and Dunfermline, all beatable teams!

I can't actually make the semi which I'm gutted about but I will def be at the final, which I'm pretty confident we will be in!

I think what Laurence is trying say is that it is a big game  when everything is taken into context (i.e. falling crowds, girns about the quality of scottish fitba, the amount of vultures that are circling our players, the state Hearts are in etc.) In fact it's probably the biggest game he's known. Others will feel differently, but it's better than the OF obsessed feeling nothing at all!

Personally, I think that the numbers going are about right for our fan base over the past few years and they will make a racket win, lose or go to penalties (please god, anything but that) No doubt thousands more will go to the final if we are fortunate enough to get there, but I'll no be slagging them. If even a few decide that they will keep coming to see the team that will be a result.

• Agree 1

I think those slagging of Laurence's opinion are being a bit harsh. No way is it our biggest game ever but when you look at the circumstances surrounding this one it is still a massive match and our biggest game in years by some distance. Of course there's the chance to get to the final, but more importantly, I believe that the result of this game will have a big bearing on the players that are playing at the club for the remainder of the season and possibly beyond. We have a number of players who have not signed contracts yet - are they waiting to see what the outcome of this match is; whether they will get the chance to play in a national final or not, before signing up for the rest of the season? I reckon that if we lose Andy Shinnie will be off before the end of January. 

This wasn't the situation for our last two semi-finals and it adds a different dimension to how "big" the game is for us.

Are we really so stuck for talking points that we have become obsessed with who's is the biggest what and size of support?

Saturday is a big day for our football club and its players. It is a step towards silver and probably a nice bonus payment. More so it is a match to keep the good run going as we sweep through the remaining eleven fixtures to the split. It is keeping the momentum going. Play both halves on saturday like we did the second half v Dons and win then it will probably be seen as the biggest game ever. At least till the next biggest game ever.

Following information from Easter Road.....

The Behind the Goals bar at Easter Road Stadium will be operating a pre match cash bar with the opportunity for fans to purchase hot food such as burgers & pies.

The Behind the Goals supporters bar is based in the Famous Five stand and access will be provided from 1.00pm – 2.50pm.

Supporters will only be allowed access to Behind the Goals with a valid ticket for the match and this will only be open to Inverness support.

Hibs have decided that they will NOT be opening the "Behind the Goals" bar on Saturday as the majority of fans have made alternative arrangements.

has there been any advice on where our coaches should park?

Ps. would be good if we got a decent atmosphere and seen all the flags out, where has the flag that use to be put in Section A gone? 

According to the hearts website, Regents road is exclusively for Hearts so would think that Leith Links is for ICT. Would suggest you maybe phone he club on Friday to get exact information tho.

Ps. would be good if we got a decent atmosphere and seen all the flags out, where has the flag that use to be put in Section A gone? 

According to the hearts website, Regents road is exclusively for Hearts so would think that Leith Links is for ICT. Would suggest you maybe phone he club on Friday to get exact information tho.

Will your buses all be going back home via Erskine bridge?

According to the hearts website, Regents road is exclusively for Hearts so would think that Leith Links is for ICT. Would suggest you maybe phone he club on Friday to get exact information tho. Will your buses all be going back home via Erskine bridge?

Who knows lol

Following information from Easter Road.....

The Behind the Goals bar at Easter Road Stadium will be operating a pre match cash bar with the opportunity for fans to purchase hot food such as burgers & pies.

The Behind the Goals supporters bar is based in the Famous Five stand and access will be provided from 1.00pm – 2.50pm.

Supporters will only be allowed access to Behind the Goals with a valid ticket for the match and this will only be open to Inverness support.

Hibs have decided that they will NOT be opening the "Behind the Goals" bar on Saturday as the majority of fans have made alternative arrangements.

How do they know?  Have they asked everyone?  A couple of pubs in particular have been mentioned on here - they might be a bit cramped with 1000 fans in each.

There are 100 odd regulars at away games. These people I am pleased are going The other 1800 odd attending I'm not particularly bothered about as they don't make the effort any other week.

What about the 1800 to 1900 season ticket holders that provide money to the club each year and give money direct to OUR club. Do you not care about them going? ( by the way I go home and away)

Why are these people choosing this game as one to attend? Because its a cup semi with the chance of profession to a final (which is of course a massive achievement for us)

My issue is where were they when it was a baltic day in Perth or when we battled back from 3 nil down at Tannadice. There are people travelling huge distances to this game because they recognise it as potentially an historic occasion and I respect that. But if we assume all the regular away fans are ST holders then there are 1600+ others who do not regularly travel away and I have to question why.

• Agree 2

There are 100 odd regulars at away games. These people I am pleased are going The other 1800 odd attending I'm not particularly bothered about as they don't make the effort any other week.

What about the 1800 to 1900 season ticket holders that provide money to the club each year and give money direct to OUR club. Do you not care about them going? ( by the way I go home and away)

Why are these people choosing this game as one to attend? Because its a cup semi with the chance of profession to a final (which is of course a massive achievement for us)

My issue is where were they when it was a baltic day in Perth or when we battled back from 3 nil down at Tannadice. There are people travelling huge distances to this game because they recognise it as potentially an historic occasion and I respect that. But if we assume all the regular away fans are ST holders then there are 1600+ others who do not regularly travel away and I have to question why.

Ha Ha Ha.  I would be delighted if this was a first ever game for many Inverness locals  who wanted to come along and see what all the fuss was about  and fill up the famous five stand, its the future and the way forward,    whereas you would rather repel them all and keep it at 100  :rotflmao:

• Agree 1

What about the 1800 to 1900 season ticket holders that provide money to the club each year and give money direct to OUR club. Do you not care about them going? ( by the way I go home and away) there are 1600+ others who do not regularly travel away and I have to question why.

Oh come on, get of your high horse you are having a dig at people who don't want to spend every Saturday of their lives going to football games. People have other things/commitments they need to fulfil on their day off work. I'm delighted theres more people than usual going.

Edited by Iain
  • Agree 1

My point is that all these people complaining about 'only' selling 1800 tickets is disrespectful to those that make the effort more than every couple of seasons when we go on a cup run.

Edited by phileephilop

My point is that all these people complaining about 'only' selling 1800 tickets is disrespectful to those that make the effort more than every couple of seasons when we go on a cup run.

I know many of those extra's you talk of and I know that many of them do make an effort to get to an away game. Because of costs, family and work commitments they usually have to decide which game to travel to. As it is this week sees them all get together at the same away venue. Look around you on saturday. Many faces will be recognised as having been at an away game somewhere.

• Agree 2

:fishing:

OK.  I'll bite.

This smacks a bit of the "only the regular away fans are real fans" nonsense that crops up from time to time.  Time for a reality check here I think.

There is a small minority who regularly go to away matches and make a lot of noise.  That's fantastic.  Obviously those fans personal circumstances allow them to do it.  But amongst those are a few who are central belt based and who don't get to all the home games.  Some will actually attend fewer games in total than those who attend all the homes games but don't travel.

In another post you talk about folk being disrespectful but in doing so you are being disrespectful of others.  OK, so there are a lot of season ticket holders who don't go to away games but there are also a lot of season ticket holders who aren't able to get to all the home games but have supported the club by buying a season ticket all the same.  Respect to them, please.  Bear in mind also that supporting the club at home puts more cash into the club's coffers than going to an away match.

And it really is disrespectful of the many hundreds of fans who go to home games who are rarely able to go to away matches because of work and family commitments.  Just be grateful that so many have been able to rearrange their lives so that they can support the team on Saturday.  Remember too that there are many who, because of their health or the health of loved ones they care for simply can't travel.

Of course we would all like the support to be bigger but we all have our personal reasons for whether we choose to attend any game or not.  If you are able to get to most games then that is just great.  For whatever reason, most supporters go to half the games or less and if we want the club to flourish we should make them all feel welcome whenever they are able to or choose to come to a game.  Make them feel welcome and who knows, they just might help swell the ranks at the next away league game.

• Agree 13

I will add to the above my own circumstances. I work abroad. I'm away for four weeks at a time. Thats four saturdays. I have two season tickets. I've been to three home games so far and might get to another three before the end of the season. People have other priorities in life and can't always be there every week to support their team. They do it in many other ways than attendance though.

• Agree 2

I go when I can, ##

I don't particulary like away matches especially important ones.

The last one I went to, a play off in England at Bournmouth as an away fan, we were totally surrounded by police in full riot gear

A most unpleasant experience. To be treated like vermin or a criminal because the Police decide so , is totally out of order.

I hope the police are not overtly visible for the Hearts game

Edited by Laurence

As far as I am concerned I do not give a feckin hoot how many tickets we have sold or how many peeple will be there. The bottom line is that the majority who turn up will be the faithful and that is ALL that matters. Put us devoted cnuts into the smallest fecking patch of Easter Road and we will outsing any bestards on the day. All i can advise is to lubricate yer feckin tonsils and get ready to die fer the feckin cause.

• Agree 2