FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The "Signed Up For Next Season" Thread

Renegade

Had a look on the Luton forum to see what they had to say.  What a dull lot.  The usual rubbish about how horrid the SPL is and upon arrival I was warned that it was a site for over 18s only!  

While I'm surprised that we've signed a guy on loan from lowly Luton, I wonder if our initial keeper targets (Robbie Thomson being the main target) in the end fell through and we've had to rush to get someone in.

In saying that, I can't blame the guy for trying to get out of Luton.  It's a truly horrible town!

EDIT - Had a look there at what other Luton fans make of him.  I hope he's better than they are saying...

Edited by Renegade

I will stick with giving anyone a chance but I have some concerns on this one. I can't believe we have waited all this time and end up with a loan from Luton. That is not to disparage Dean Brill but if he was the standard we need he wouldn't be in the conference.

Edited by Govan Jaggie

I have to agree with the above poster.  I don't want to trash the guy just yet, and we have in the past signed players who were regarded as duds only for them to come good with us - Darren Dods for example.  Some of the comments from the Luton and his other clubs fans though are awfully worrying and to wait this long for a keeper to replace Reguero and then having to loan in a keeper who can't even get a game at Conference level and apparently fails to impress when he does get a chance, is awfully underwhelming.

I know Marsella is good at the scouting, but I hope we haven't dropped a clanger with this one.

Edited by Renegade

Thats 27 players now! Not short of 'bodies' for the new season. Despite initially thinking we'd have 'virtually' the same squad as last season, there really is a new look to it! Significantly, the core is still there - we may yet get Charlie Taylor back on loan too.

But, as it stands, the squad looks good...although maybe slightly light up front? Only 3 recognised goal grabbers - (obviously) Billy McKay, his fellow countryman, Curtis Allen and our local lad, Calum Ferguson. Can Billy be as prolific again? With Andrew Shinnie away, perhaps Doran should be looking to replace those missing goals!

Signed up till the end of season 2015-16:

• Aaron Doran

Signed up till the end of season 2014-15:

• Josh Meekings

• Graeme Shinnie

• Billy McKay

• Nick Ross 

• Gary Warren

• Daniel Devine

• David Raven

• Liam Polworth

• Ryan Christie

Signed up till the end of season 2013-14:

• Ross Draper

• Ryan Esson

• Richie Foran

• Conor Pepper

• Matthew Cooper

• Jay Cheyne

• Calum Ferguson

• Ben Greenhalgh

• Danny Williams

• Adam Evans

• James Vincent

• Marley Watkins

• Harry Hooman

• Curtis Allen

• Joe Gorman

• Nick Draper

(Butcher and Malpas and Marsella are also in this category)

On loan until January 2014

• Dean Brill

Our new keeper!

I see already some of the nervous doubters among us are writing off the poor guy before he even gets between the posts.

I had high expectations as well considering all the mystery surrounding the search for a mystery experienced keeper but why put a downer on the guy, who knows he could yet turn out to be the right competition for Ryan, he could yet turn out to be a star. S M is a goalkeeping coach as well as Scout so I am damn sure he hasn't brought him here just for the fun of it or to fill a gap.   

Welcome Brill, don't get sidetracked  by the doubting dark glasses brigade that use this forum, their knees start knocking for the slightest reason.

ICT supporters will cheer you on, give your best and the supporters will too, good luck, I'm sure you will be brill.  :wink:

• Agree 3

Our new keeper!

I see already some of the nervous doubters among us are writing off the poor guy before he even gets between the posts.

I had high expectations as well considering all the mystery surrounding the search for a mystery experienced keeper but why put a downer on the guy, who knows he could yet turn out to be the right competition for Ryan, he could yet turn out to be a star. S M is a goalkeeping coach as well as Scout so I am damn sure he hasn't brought him here just for the fun of it or to fill a gap.   

Welcome Brill, don't get sidetracked  by the doubting dark glasses brigade that use this forum, their knees start knocking for the slightest reason.

ICT supporters will cheer you on, give your best and the supporters will too, good luck, I'm sure you will be brill.  :wink:

He has my full support has every ICT player has. I am not knocking him but I am just very surprised that we have signed a keeper on loan for 6 months from a non league team. He smacks of rushing for someone.

He could well be one of these players with unfulfilled potential, there have been doubts about many signings that proved themselves more than capable.

A six month loan could well be a safety net or all that Luton would allow in case he blossoms or maybe he is apprehensive of the Caley Thistleonline experience and doesn't want to commit further. Who knows, we will find out in time......... :lol:

He has my full support has every ICT player has. I am not knocking him but I am just very surprised that we have signed a keeper on loan for 6 months from a non league team. He smacks of rushing for someone.

And mine.  I just find it rather worrying that an obviously rushed signing is so poorly thought of by his own club's fans.

Edited by Renegade

Everyone remember what was said about Toni last year - especially after the cop car taxi incident, but he proved to be a good player and for me I would have liked him to be here now fighting to be #1. Hopefully our staff have an eye for a good keeper and this guy can come from nowhere to be a decent signing - looking at our squad is there not still a keeper place for a young or youth player also?

Everyone remember what was said about Toni last year - especially after the cop car taxi incident, but he proved to be a good player and for me I would have liked him to be here now fighting to be #1. Hopefully our staff have an eye for a good keeper and this guy can come from nowhere to be a decent signing - looking at our squad is there not still a keeper place for a young or youth player also?

I think we have a keeper called Nick Draper, who will probably be the 3rd choice.

I see while Sutherland hasn't actually signed for Brora yet, Gavin Morrison has.  I know he didn't get much of a chance here, but surely he could get a Division 1/upper Division 2 team?  Money talks though I suppose.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Do Brora have any players who are not ICT rejects? Certainly adds a bit of interest to the forthcoming friendly.

just had a quick look only 11 one of which came from county about 4/5 are youth developments and the others are either from highland league before Brora or they have never played for anyone 

I was reading the Elgin fan site the other day, and someone was saying on there that their keeper Joe Malin (formerly of County), turned down a new deal from them and from Partick, to sign for Brora because of the money on offer.

Where is it indicated that this keeper is some sort of rushed signing? It may well be that he's been watched for some time and is seen as someone who could push Esson to second spot. I'm a great believer in judging what I see not what I perceive based on drivel.

• Agree 1

Maybe because we've had months to replace Reguero and only after a long saga, sign a guy on loan from a mediocre Conference side which he can't get even get a game for and apparently isn't exactly fantastic when he does?