FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Euro Shirt - April Fools Fail......

CaleyD

Decided that I was going to put together a tartan design based shirt thinking it would look hideous and then post it on here to wind everyone up.

However, it didn't quite go to plan because everyone I showed it to liked it!!!!

post-3-0-63964700-1364814805_thumb.jpg

• Agree 2

Lol that is actually an improvement on that away top. I think it looks really good as well! Maybe an idea for an actual away top one year.

Not sure our fans would get value for money with a European top given Scottish teams showings in Europe recently. We would most likely get drawn against someone from Albania and lose 4-0.

to stick with the tartan theme .... the Toronto FC supporters group "U-Sector", which I am a member of, designed and issued this scarf for this year ..... it looks pretty good in the photo, but better in real life !!!

post-2-0-21707500-1364835973_thumb.jpg

The club has also gone "plaid" (their words, not mine) with the official scarf for the season (everyone gets one with their season ticket)

post-2-0-39700900-1364836214.jpg

Coventry City had a hideous brown strip in the distant past! And Morton have tried the tartan look! But brown with tartan?! I still like the strips you posted in a previous unrelated thread, CaleyD!!

I think Celtics european kit with tartan flashes is as tasteful as I've seen as far as including it goes. Probably as far as I'de want to go to.

This all also reminds me of that 'Design an away Kit' thing we had going and never got.

Slightly off topic, but I know ICT will have a new away kit next season.  I'd like to see a red version of the home kit we have now.

Something like this - 

d120_000065.jpg

Edited by Renegade

Decided that I was going to put together a tartan design based shirt thinking it would look hideous and then post it on here to wind everyone up.

However, it didn't quite go to plan because everyone I showed it to liked it!!!!

attachicon.gif2013_14_euro_shirt_final_design.jpg

I think they were playing an April fool on you when they said they liked it....awful 

No No No, first we look like a new third division team, and now the suggestion of looking like Aberdire. No thanks. Still think our home strip this season is our worst ever, just appaulling

Your kidding right!?!! I absolutely love this seasons! Hope its something similar next season!

The choice of design for the away shirt should be practical rather than for fashion reasons. As we have seen both current home and away shirt clashes with the home shirt of Kilmarnock. Better if we had an away shirt that didn't clash with any home shirts of the other teams if the home kit does. As our home kit is predominantly blue and red, I don't see a problem with the away kit being predominantly white and or black. Maybe white with red trim could be a good alternative as well.

The choice of design for the away shirt should be practical rather than for fashion reasons. As we have seen both current home and away shirt clashes with the home shirt of Kilmarnock. Better if we had an away shirt that didn't clash with any home shirts of the other teams if the home kit does. As our home kit is predominantly blue and red, I don't see a problem with the away kit being predominantly white and or black. Maybe white with red trim could be a good alternative as well.

Who cares about opposition teams?  I think getting them to change at home could give us an advantage at times as well.