FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Where do the ICT support originate from?

dougal

Born Heywood in Lancashire at home 1943 pre NHS days during ww 2

Catholic school until 15 - Fire fighter in Lancashire lived in Salford and the Rossendale Valley

supported Bury until 1993

Moved to Sussex  supported Wimbledon and Vinnie Jones

Second House in France supported Lens on occasion when French champions

Rented Flat in London, 

2009 retired to the Highlands took up book selling

Season ticket for Caley before I ever saw a game played  in Scotland from 2008

1 Where were you born? Raigmore Hospital

2.Where did you spend your childhood? Inverness

3 When did you start following football in Inverness? First Caley game a 7-1 home win over Buckie Thistle in 1983, First ICT match a dull 0-0 draw with either Alloa or Albion Rovers I can't remember who exactly in 1995, didn't start going regularly to watch Caley Thistle until 1997.

4 What is you current location? Inverness

Thurso huh. Lauraness?

Then you may know Martin Rennie, the current Manager of the Vancouver Whitecaps, our  Major League Soccer team, or his family who comes from that area, first Thurso.

From what I have read his dad was a pastor up there.

Not sure  of his football background but he made a name for himself in the earlier, lower league teams in the U S , was spotted by someone and got the job here in Vancouver.  

1 Where were you born?
Edinburgh - born into a long line of Jambos. My father saw them win everything in the 1950s and used to tell me about, regularly.

2.Where did you spend your childhood?
Edinburgh. Went on a run of 6 successive seasons in the 1970s when I attended every Hearts league and cup game, home and away

3 When did you start following football in Inverness?
1989, when I come to work here. Went to a number of Caley and Thistle matches. Was hooked on (I)CT when I watched their first league game v Arbroath in August 1994. Herchie's hatrick in the 5-2 win was class. Been a season ticket holder ever since.

4 What is you current location?
Inverness

Edited by Row S

You can read this very interesting and well-researched article from a Scotsman named Scottie who sends me stuff every so often. He is a clever man and does meticulous research so you can trust his comments!:-

http://www.rampantscotland.com/clans/blclangunn.htm

Actually, Gunns' history is in area of ​​my interests, so I've read this article already. And many others as well.

Nevertheless, thanks for kind help, Scarlet.

1 - Where were you born?

Raigmore Hospital.

2 - Where did you spend your childhood?

Nairn.

3 - When did you start following football in Inverness?

My father being a fifer and a follower of East Fife, took me to watch Caley Thistle at Telford Street for the Scottish Cup game in 95/96. From then on myself and my father became supporters.

4 - What is you current location?

Forres.

1 Where were you born?  Inverness

2.Where did you  your childhood? Dornoch

3 When did you start following football in Inverness?  Livingstone 4-3 Inverness CT, 1998/1999

4 What is you current location? Edinburgh

Livingstone 4-3 Inverness CT, 1998/1999

Great debut for you mate & you didn't shut about it the whole way home!

1 Where were you born?  Inverness 1970

2.Where did you  your childhood? Crown district

3 When did you start following football in Inverness? No idea but first game was Caledonian circa late 70's / early 80's v's The Zombies.

4 What is you current location? West London

• Agree 1

Where were you born ?   Bridge of Alan

Where did you spend your childhood? Stirling and Crieff

When did you start following football in Inverness? Worked in Inverness in the 00's and supported them ever since although followed football before that.

What is your current location? Errol via Inverness, Pitlochry, Edinburgh, Kinross, Stornoway that's enough or it could be longer !   

Where were you born? Inverness 1990

Where did you spend your childhood? Spent my whole life living in Ardersier.

When did you start following football in Inverness? First game was a 5-1 defeat at home to Airdrieonians in 2000, this was the Steve Archibald Spanish influenced team that went bust a couple of years later. Went the following week to see us lose 2-1 at home to Dunfermline where Ian Ferguson ran the show.

Thankfully it's got a lot better since then

From possibly your newest supporter                    

1 Where were you born?  London

2.Where did you  your childhood? Camberley in Surrey

3 When did you start following football in Inverness?  Caley v Hearts 31st August 2013

4 What is you current location? Buckingham, England

This thread provides the proof that our support appears to consist mainly off incomers to the city,folk that have moved away from Inverness or those that hold some sentiment to the highlands

What's glaringly missing is the lack off born and bred Invernessians hence why our home attendances are so poor in my opinion

Now we can blame the old firm and Aberdeen,we can blame Ross County for getting a very strong foothold in Inverness and we could also blame other teams to a lesser extent but the question we need answered is why is this the case?

Dougal

This thread provides the proof that our support appears to consist mainly off incomers to the city,folk that have moved away from Inverness or those that hold some sentiment to the highlands

What's glaringly missing is the lack off born and bred Invernessians hence why our home attendances are so poor in my opinion

Now we can blame the old firm and Aberdeen,we can blame Ross County for getting a very strong foothold in Inverness and we could also blame other teams to a lesser extent but the question we need answered is why is this the case?

Dougal

Maybe potential fans come on here, read the drivel some post on here, and think, "jeez, if that is the type that follow ICT..."

Dougal

Maybe potential fans come on here, read the drivel some post on here, and think, "jeez, if that is the type that follow ICT..."

^^^^^^^^

Can't handle the truth type of post

My point being if it wasn't for the likes of yourself our home attendances would be considerably worse than they are at present

Dougal

Edited by dougal

Have to again agree to a degree with Dougal. I would say that there are probably not many of what Dougal describes as "born and bred" as he appears to be straying from the true meaning and referring to inhabitants who have stayed in Sneck all their lives. The sad but real "tale" is that many Invernessians have left to get jobs and fend fer their families. Many start off the journey when going to University. On the other hand many people have moved to Inverness due to its city status and the lure of the beauty of the area. Many travellers have also moved in to Inverness due to lack of employment and financial stress - I know of a few. And perhaps the saddest reason of the lot is that there have always been a majority that have followed other football teams, especially the Old filth. and they tend to continue due to parental pressure and the smell of success.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder - memories make the heart at ease".