FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Attendance reality check.

Westhill1

How do you know 'plenty did stop going because of the merger' ?  By the end of our Highland League days the combined hard core of Thistle and Caley fans was circa 500 and while a number of those shunned the merged club, the vast majority followed ICT.

Whatever the reason for our somewhat disappointing crowds it's not the name which has a unique stamp compared to the ubiquitous City or United and reflects over 250 years of combined heritage nor is it the fact that a handful of bitter and vocal anti merger brigade stay away and shout loudly about doing so.

For goodness sake that was two decades ago and the initial 150 or so refuseniks are outnumbered ten to one by fans who if the think of Kingsmills or Telford Street at all, think of houses or a retail park,

I bow to your local knowledge. I worked beside 20 or so lads from in and around Inverness, down in Edinburgh from 1982-2002. That was their words/opinion, and from one of your Suits when I enjoyed Corp Hosp. at Longman,  I used.

One only need to look at some of the Monikers on here, and comments from my old pal Johndo for example, to see that 20yrs down the line ...... resentment still exists.

Quick question. Is there really a Celtic shop in Inverness ?      That'll help. :amazed:

• Agree 1

Sadly yes. And even when (as you may remember a few months ago), the building it was part of went on fire (that hostel place across from the Eastgate), it re-opened somewhere else!

My niece works in it (and she's an ICT fan!) and it does very well apparently. It's also I believe the only place locally that does the 'proper' shirt numbers and names.

Sadly yes. And even when (as you may remember a few months ago), the building it was part of went on fire (that hostel place across from the Eastgate), it re-opened somewhere else!

My niece works in it (and she's an ICT fan!) and it does very well apparently. It's also I believe the only place locally that does the 'proper' shirt numbers and names.

Not much of an ICT fan if you ask me, I'd rather be signing on than being on the pay roll for one of the old firm

With your fondness for the other side of darkness that must hurt though lol

Dougal

My niece works in it (and she's an ICT fan!) and it does very well apparently. It's also I believe the only place locally that does the 'proper' shirt numbers and names. Not much of an ICT fan if you ask me, I'd rather be signing on than being on the pay roll for one of the old firm

Dougal

Comments like that from the self confessed County supporter ring a little hollow I'm afraid.

I also hate to break it to you but not everyone who works and plays for ICT are ICT supporters. Shocking I know, but true.

Not much of an ICT fan if you ask me, I'd rather be signing on than being on the pay roll for one of the old firm

Dougal

Some folk will take any job to earn a proper wage rather than sponge of the honest hard working taxpayer.

Dougal

From the ICT "supporter" that goes to Ross County home games :laugh:

• Agree 2

How do you know 'plenty did stop going because of the merger' ?  By the end of our Highland League days the combined hard core of Thistle and Caley fans was circa 500 and while a number of those shunned the merged club, the vast majority followed ICT.

Whatever the reason for our somewhat disappointing crowds it's not the name which has a unique stamp compared to the ubiquitous City or United and reflects over 250 years of combined heritage nor is it the fact that a handful of bitter and vocal anti merger brigade stay away and shout loudly about doing so.

For goodness sake that was two decades ago and the initial 150 or so refuseniks are outnumbered ten to one by fans who if the think of Kingsmills or Telford Street at all, think of houses or a retail park,

I bow to your local knowledge. I worked beside 20 or so lads from in and around Inverness, down in Edinburgh from 1982-2002. That was their words/opinion, and from one of your Suits when I enjoyed Corp Hosp. at Longman,  I used.

One only need to look at some of the Monikers on here, and comments from my old pal Johndo for example, to see that 20yrs down the line ...... resentment still exists.

Quick question. Is there really a Celtic shop in Inverness ?      That'll help. :amazed:

Some of us do indeed have Usernames indicating that we are proud to have once supported Caley or Thistle. One or two vocal individuals apart, we are now all staunch ICT fans.

• Agree 1