Sign in to follow this  
Bronson

Top scorer

Recommended Posts

One for the stattos - 

Believe Jordan White has scored 14 goals this season, I just wondered if anyone knew who our top scorers have been in recent seasons and how long it's been since someone scored more than 14?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

How he's managed 14 goals, I will never know...

He's put the ball in the net....

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See if this helps - I can't find any other line other than Wikipedia and we know how reliable they are.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/inverness-caledonian-thistle-fc/toptorschuetzensaison/verein/2451

2013-14 season: Billy McKay with 18 league goals, 3 Scottish cup goals, not sure about League Cup 

Before that it would be Adam Rooney

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

See if this helps - I can't find any other line other than Wikipedia and we know how reliable they are.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/inverness-caledonian-thistle-fc/toptorschuetzensaison/verein/2451

2013-14 season: Billy McKay with 18 league goals, 3 Scottish cup goals, not sure about League Cup 

Before that it would be Adam Rooney

go here : https://caleythistleonline.com/stats/seasons.html/ and just change seasons in the dropdown or go here and you can filter more ways on player stats https://caleythistleonline.com/stats/playerstats.html/

to answer the Billy question ... it was 18-3 and 1 league cup goal. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of some of our ex players like Mckay and Rooney, I notice another, Scott Boden, now playing for Chesterfield, has scored 20 goals so far this season (2018/19), including 12 in the past 3 months.  Wonder if he'd like another stint up north??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 11:02 PM, Jack Waddington said:

How he's managed 14 goals, I will never know...

Because he's a competent and capable forward who has improved as the season has progressed.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

League goals only

1994/95 - Alan Hercher / Charlie Christie - 6 goals

1995/96 - Iain Stewart - 24 goals

1996/97 - Iain Stewart - 27 goals

1997/98 - iain Stewart - 16 goals

1998/99 - Scott Mclean - 19 goals

1999/2000 - Barry Wilson - 13 goals

2000/01 - Dennis Wyness - 25 goals

2001/02 - Dennis Wyness - 18 goals

2002/03 - Dennis Wyness - 19 goals

2003/04 - Paul Ritchie - 14 goals

2004/05 - Barry Wilson - 10 goals

2005/06 - Craig Dargo - 17 goals

2006/07 - Craig Dargo - 10 goals

2007/08 - Don Cowie - 9 goals

2008/09 - Adam Rooney - 5 goals

2009/10 - Adam Rooney - 24 goals

2010/11 - Adam Rooney - 15 goals

2011/12  -Gregory Tade - 9 goals

2012/13 - Billy Mckay - 23 goals

2013/14 - Billy Mckay - 18 goals

2014/15 - Billy Mckay - 10 goals

2015/16 - Miles Storey - 11 goals

2016/17 - Alex Fisher - 8 goals

2017/18 - George Oakley / Iain Vigurs - 8 goals

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stewart, Wyness, Rooney and Mckay all leading scorer for three seasons - you can kind of divide up those into eras of the club tbh.

Interesting that in our most successful season our leading goalscorer only just made double figures and left the club in January!

In the disastrous relegation season of 2016/17 if we'd actually started our leading scorer when he was fit we probably wouldn't have been relegated.

Five goals for a leading scorer was ridiculous in 2008/09 :lol: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Because he's a competent and capable forward who has improved as the season has progressed.

Was referring to the amount (of which I've lost count a while back) of times he's either pure skied it or dragged it wide...I understand that in the past however long he's slowly started to take control of the ball rather than blasting it at the first given opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is our tally for leading league goals scored this year?

(Letting Oakley go seems like an even bigger mistake now.)

Edited by Satan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interestingly from 2014/15 and the following 3 seasons Draper and Vigurs were our most booked players - twice each...funny that.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Satan said:

What is our tally for leading league goals scored this year?

(Letting Oakley go seems like an even bigger mistake now.)

7 goals by Jordan White in the league, 7 in the cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strikers need providers and yet again it is Liam Polworth who heads the list by some margin with 11 in the league so far.  Probably in the top 2 or 3 in the division I would guess.  

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Strikers need providers and yet again it is Liam Polworth who heads the list by some margin with 11 in the league so far.  Probably in the top 2 or 3 in the division I would guess.  

He's tied for second in the division with Joshua Mullin.  Fraser Aird has 13 assists.

Tom Walsh has seven assists.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2017/18 Liam Polworth scored 3 goals and had 18 assists.

In 2018/19 Liam Polworth has scored 2 goals and had 11 assists.

Last season and this we scored a total of 95 goals, meaning Liam Polworth has either scored or assisted roughly every third goal we've scored in that time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Strikers need providers and yet again it is Liam Polworth who heads the list by some margin with 11 in the league so far.  Probably in the top 2 or 3 in the division I would guess.  

Still the second best player ever to come through our development system. Glad to see and hear that the appalling and unwarranted abuse he was subject to earlier in the season from some quarters has lessened.

We are fortunate to have him.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Still the second best player ever to come through our development system. Glad to see and hear that the appalling and unwarranted abuse he was subject to earlier in the season from some quarters has lessened.

We are fortunate to have him.

personally i would put him third, unless another name is escaping me but i would definitely put Graeme Shinnie and Ryan Christie ahead of him. For now though, Polworth is a cruicially important player for us and i can't help thinking that he has signed a pre contract with St Johnstone and the club just haven't announced it yet, if he was staying it would probably have been announced already that he had signed a new deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ictchris said:

Interesting that in our most successful season our leading goalscorer only just made double figures and left the club in January!

Eddie Ofere appeared for a very brief time and turned in a few important goals after Billy that year.

If we get to the Scottish Cup final, I wonder if we can parachute in a huge name out-of-contract for a star performance and winning goal in the cup final.

Oooh who to get?! 

Answers on a postcard ... 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 10:48 AM, northstandfan said:

personally i would put him third, unless another name is escaping me but i would definitely put Graeme Shinnie and Ryan Christie ahead of him. For now though, Polworth is a cruicially important player for us and i can't help thinking that he has signed a pre contract with St Johnstone and the club just haven't announced it yet, if he was staying it would probably have been announced already that he had signed a new deal.

Not quite sure Graeme was always ours. Did we not pinch him from someone else at an early age? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Not quite sure Graeme was always ours. Did we not pinch him from someone else at an early age? 

think he was 17 when he came to us from the sheep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, caleyboy said:

think he was 17 when he came to us from the sheep

He was never at Aberdeen before us. He played for Kincroth or some other Aberdeen boys club before he signed for us at the age of 17 (maybe 18).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.