Jump to content

January Transfer Window


Recommended Posts

The time is near approaching that some come and some go.

Anyone you're hoping we bring aboard, and anyone you think who'll be going?

Mitch Curry is already confirmed that he, unfortunately, won't have a loan extension https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/middlesbrough-striker-will-leave-caley-thistle-in-january-187143/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook (sorry it's not a full article, Courier opted not to...for some reason)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish Coll all the best - but hope he remembers he was going to give up football altogether before ICT came calling to give him a chance after his “toxic” time at Dundee United.   He has a lot to be

Sucks to be right.   Good luck to him. I wish people would stop all this 'snake' and 'traitor' rubbish. In the real world no-one bats an eyelid if somebody switches job for a significant pay

Sadly this is a sign of the times and our inability to compete financially with Uncle Roy's, permanently open, cheque book.  I guess these guys have short careers and need to maximise their earnings b

Posted Images

On 11/29/2019 at 11:43 AM, Alan Simpson said:

Offload likes of Traff and White if we can take back wee Mackay! Like to see us try and get a talisman player in maybe Antony Stokes on a short term deal 

:unsure:

  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 11:43 AM, Alan Simpson said:

Offload likes of Traff and White if we can take back wee Mackay! Like to see us try and get a talisman player in maybe Antony Stokes on a short term deal 

Been playing too much Football Manager I think ?

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think we should be wasting our limited resources bringing anyone in.

We've got a decent squad, and talented youngsters waiting in the wings.

A few more supporters turning up wouldn't go amiss though!

  • Like 2
  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 8:41 PM, buckett said:

Don't think we should be wasting our limited resources bringing anyone in.

We've got a decent squad, and talented youngsters waiting in the wings.

A few more supporters turning up wouldn't go amiss though!

The club is doing half season tickets now. Try and get a pal or ten to sign up for one if you can!

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 hours ago, RiG said:

The club is doing half season tickets now. Try and get a pal or ten to sign up for one if you can!

The Club could follow Newcastle Utd and give season ticket holders a free half season ticket to get more bums on seats. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Difference with English Premier League teams is that they get so much TV money, fan revenue is secondary - infact they could play to empty stadiums each week and probably see hardly any difference.

That's what will ultimately ruin football "the game is nothing without the supporters" Jock Stein

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Difference with English Premier League teams is that they get so much TV money, fan revenue is secondary - infact they could play to empty stadiums each week and probably see hardly any difference.

I wouldn't think losing 1.25 million every home game wouldn't be noticed. Newcastle are getting 42500 average at every home game. But still want a full house to cheer on the team. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Numerically it may sound a lot but bear in mind - the £120m pa TV revenue, kit deals, kit sponsors, stadium sponsors/naming, prize monies, merchandising - each amounting to £10M's pa - the circa £20M from fans is less than 10% of EPL clubs income. Point being they can afford to give away free tickets as its inverse to the ICT model where a huge portion of club income is fan revenue so effort to maximise sales is higher priority.

 

Edited by bdu98196
Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't really matter who we bring in be the same mind numbing hoof forward style defo needing a striker and creative midfielder we really need to make better use of the loan market could also do with shoving a few of the empty jerseys off the gravy train! Should be Robbos last tilt at promotion failure if he's any kinda man he should bolt no compo!

  • Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read p and j article that some of our players. Donaldson, white, Trafford to name a few are deciding not to sign new deals with the club because they think they could get regular starts in the premiership. Robbo says he's concerned fans think he isn't doing enough to sign them up but makes it clear he is trying. I think these players need to have a long hard look at there inconsistent performances before getting too big headed to think they are of Polworth or Chalmers level. 

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Just read p and j article that some of our players. Donaldson, white, Trafford to name a few are deciding not to sign new deals with the club because they think they could get regular starts in the premiership. Robbo says he's concerned fans think he isn't doing enough to sign them up but makes it clear he is trying. I think these players need to have a long hard look at there inconsistent performances before getting too big headed to think they are of Polworth or Chalmers level. 

Haha that's class they're gash at this level ill drive the 3 of them to the nearest SPL club right now fckin liabilitys I'd bin them right now Traff and White are 2 of the worst players to wear out famous strip if that's Robbos ideas to gain promotion resign that nuggets he should go with them bunch of absolute jokers ! 

  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Haha that's class they're gash at this level ill drive the 3 of them to the nearest SPL club right now fckin liabilitys I'd bin them right now Traff and White are 2 of the worst players to wear out famous strip if that's Robbos ideas to gain promotion resign that nuggets he should go with them bunch of absolute jokers ! 

Another goal from the back of the head!!!

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

Alan do you really believe you are helping the team by turning on them and lambasting them with what you call choice language.  ???????????????? 

:spam:      

Do you really think it helps the team been full of roasters thinking there better than they are trying to engineer a move away these players are dire I'd have them shipped out pronto! Can't get over the cheek of it these guys thinking they can step up a division try doing a bit with the club that pays there wages 1st! I never shout abuse at the games tbf the grounds that quiet these days everybody would clock me!

  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy