** NEW DATE ** Fans Meeting: Tuesday 28 May ** NEW DATE**

It was clear that the vast majority in the room were in support of a boycott on season tickets but the trust said they could not endorse it for legal reasons.

A quick google shows that other fans groups have endorsed season ticket boycotts so I'm not sure what's different for us.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2024/05/23/wolves-1877-supporters-trust-message-to-fans-boycott-season-ticket-renewals/

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2024/03/27/manchester-city-premier-league-ticket-prices

Either way the message from fans was clear and those in the room would rather take their chances with administration than accept the Kelty project.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Leaky Blinder said:

Also mentioned that the excellent Wyness Shuffle team will be interviewing the Chairman tomorrow if I caught that bit correctly 

Really!? 

It was great to see so many people there and I agreed with the vast majority of comments. One fan in particular who stepped up to the mic being particularly passionate, witty & eloquent.

However, we’ve been completely done by the board. Deal agreed weeks ago, announced after the season end to stop any protests at the games. In such a short timeframe I can’t see how anyone can stop the move to Kelty. It’s going to happen. We are moving to Fife. Just insane.
😔

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

It was great to see so many people there and I agreed with the vast majority of comments. One fan in particular who stepped up to the mic being particularly passionate, witty & eloquent.

However, we’ve been completely done by the board. Deal agreed weeks ago, announced after the season end to stop any protests at the games. In such a short timeframe I can’t see how anyone can stop the move to Kelty. It’s going to happen. We are moving to Fife. Just insane.
😔

Yup.......................the more I think it over, the more I reckon there is some ulterior motive : dread to think what.

The club is not being run with any consideration for the fans : those in charge seem to be doing their own thing for whatever purpose. The pattern has been there for a number of years : appointment of management / officials etc who have no affiliation to the club.

There seems to be an attempt being made to take Inverness out of ICT.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, STFU said:

It was clear that the vast majority in the room were in support of a boycott on season tickets but the trust said they could not endorse it for legal reasons.

A quick google shows that other fans groups have endorsed season ticket boycotts so I'm not sure what's different for us.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2024/05/23/wolves-1877-supporters-trust-message-to-fans-boycott-season-ticket-renewals/

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2024/03/27/manchester-city-premier-league-ticket-prices

Either way the message from fans was clear and those in the room would rather take their chances with administration than accept the Kelty project.

The Trust stated they had taken legal advice on the matter. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leaky Blinder said:

The opening statement set the tone nicely .. "Welcome to the Kelty Club, apologies Caley Club" 

Not exhaustive but some key points from recall 

One key observation from the floor was that the accounts when released on friday should reveal whether the club have effectively been operating whilst insolvent since the last set of accounts. This is highly likely given the situation in financial terms has not been stabilised through throwing dice, aka anticipated income streams. Once the level of debt is established we then move towards the likelihood of administration, shedding certain individuals, contracts etc and only then would current major shareholders step in to re capitalise the club. Another other key point was the withholding of ST money etc is a personal choice and not a recommendation the trust can make, however it has been asked we update the trust if our intention is not to purchase a ST this season to allow them to guage the numbers. The trust update also highlighted that the request for a fan rep on the board had been discussed at the last board meeting and pre requisites included significant funds ( equivalent to 50% of the Morton scheme used as a benchmark although this is an established scheme which I think was calculated out at 75k per annum) should be made available to the club via the Stronger Together initiative before representation could be approved. The trust stated they had therefore withdrawn their request but will grow the fund until an opportune moment presents itself in future. 

A protest march was also proposed ( not the 12 July please as Gardiner would mistake it for something else) 

Finally it is clear the trust are doing their damdest but would welcome any extra pairs of hands  or ears etc  as they are swamped so I'm going to message them tomorrow. We need to step up now as time is of the essence. 

A lot of heat from the floor, literally and metaphorically as we were pretty crammed but it was heartening to see passion and anger on display as it shows a lot of people won't give up without a fight, even if we may not all agree exactly on the way forward. 

Actually the accounts due this week ought to look better than usual in so far as they cover the season in which we made possibly £1m from the cup run, and bit of profit from the concerts too. The ones for the season just ended, however, will be an absolute car crash, with lower revenue from all sources. Those are the accounts we’d really like to see, but will no doubt have to wait a long time for them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, quizzer said:

To summarise, the vast majority of the room appeared to strongly favour administration as their preferred outcome by the time the meeting concluded.  I know I know, sounds mad but it seemed the best option to get our club back, and we fully accepted the implications. 

Understandable.  I hope it was pointed out that administration is no guarantee that the club will continue.  If assets have to be sold to pay off the creditors....

8 hours ago, STFU said:

Don’t know the details of those groups but the Trust owns about 10% of the voting rights in the club. Maybe that changes legal responsibilities. I don’t know but it seems possible.

Reading accounts of the meeting a few people at the meeting said they’d prefer administration to this but administration is not a panacea. It’s entirely possible that administrators could look at the situation and wind the club up. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Don’t know the details of those groups but the Trust owns about 10% of the voting rights in the club. Maybe that changes legal responsibilities. I don’t know but it seems possible.

Reading accounts of the meeting a few people at the meeting said they’d prefer administration to this but administration is not a panacea. It’s entirely possible that administrators could look at the situation and wind the club up. 

Don't think anyone sees it as a panacea tbh. I agree very very risky considering we don't know debs incurred, assets or how much owed to Directors via secured loans? What is alternative though? If anyone has any other bright ideas that can sort this stalemate with club that are workable they should voice them.  Folk are fully aware of the dangers

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Lots of individuals in the room who own shares and have businesses that own shares who were calling for a boycott.  I can't see there being any law that would prevent such a thing.

It was highlighted by someone that anti boycott laws refer only to public bodies which got looks of confusion from the trust board and they said they would look into it.

I don't think it really matters in the grand scheme of things as the message that fans want to see a boycott was made clear and the trust did not oppose that.  It just seems that if supporters trusts don't have the power to endorse or call for such action then it seriously weakens what they can do in these situations.

Bringing fans together and allowing them to clearly and collectively voice their views was job done for last night.

I don't think there was any doubt in the room that admin is a dangerous option.  The view seemed to be that the Kelty thing was removing the club from the community and would be akin to losing it.  No Kelty move and admin at least offered a chance of keeping it.

Edited by STFU
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, STFU said:

Lots of individuals in the room who own shares and have businesses that own shares who were calling for a boycott.  I can't see there being any law that would prevent such a thing.

It was highlighted by someone that anti boycott laws refer only to public bodies which got looks of confusion from the trust board and they said they would look into it.

I don't think it really matters in the grand scheme of things as the message that fans want to see a boycott was made clear and the trust did not oppose that.  It just seems that if supporters trusts don't have the power to endorse or call for such action then it seriously weakens what they can do in these situations.

The Bill which was passed earlier this year applies only to public bodies.  Given that consumer groups and other pressure groups call for boycotts, I can't see any reason why the Trust couldn't.  Though I guess that there would always be the possibility of legal action, if the boycotted organisation was so minded.

There's also a very faint possibility that the Trust may end up talking to club management.  In which case, if the Trust had called for a boycott, then that would make discussions that much more difficult. So a stance of neither formal approval nor formal disapproval seems fine.

• Agree 4

The text below is from an e-mail shared with members yesterday, but we welcome responses to the survey from all fans:

Thank you so much to those of you who were able to attend the meeting last night.

An action that we took from the Meeting was to create a survey for everyone who is not planning renewing season tickets or spending money on merchandise etc due to the current circumstances.

You can find the quick 2 question survey here - please complete this when you get an opportunity

For those of you who have already emailed us with the details  - thank you so much - we are currently adding in your responses to the survey so you don't have to duplicate your email.

Please share this survey far and wide across the supporter base.

Thank you again for all your support 

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ICT Supporters Trust said:

The text below is from an e-mail shared with members yesterday, but we welcome responses to the survey from all fans:

Thank you so much to those of you who were able to attend the meeting last night.

An action that we took from the Meeting was to create a survey for everyone who is not planning renewing season tickets or spending money on merchandise etc due to the current circumstances.

You can find the quick 2 question survey here - please complete this when you get an opportunity

For those of you who have already emailed us with the details  - thank you so much - we are currently adding in your responses to the survey so you don't have to duplicate your email.

I realise this sort of thing has to be kept simple to get responses. Online surveys can be tedious. However a bit of detail I could have added to the two figures:

There was an offer for ST holders to pay an extra £90 for hospitality on Feb 3 v Queen's Park. I contacted Keith Haggart and expressed an interest on behalf of 3 of us (3X £90 = £270).  But in the event the hospitality was cancelled due to lack of interest. He did offer Airdrie in March but we couldn't make that one. I suggested that we potentially had a home tie on Feb 10th (which turned out to be Hibs) but never heard any more about that.

EDIT - not sticking the knife in. Following the draw being made, the Hibs game would likely sell out anyway.

Edited by The Mantis
  • Sad 2

Thank you to everyone who attended our Fans Meeting on Tuesday, and to everyone who has sent us supportive messages or filled in the survey.

A note of the discussion has been e-mailed to members and posted on our website, and you can read it here:

https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/post/update-ictfc-fans-open-meeting-28-05-24

If you are not already a member of the Trust (anyone joining now will have their membership apply until the end of July 2025) you can join using this link:

https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/join-us

Use this link to make a subscription or donation to Stronger Together, and we would highlight again that the Trust Board will only use this to purchase shares in the club when it is has sought and received commitments from the club Board:

https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/stronger-together

On 5/30/2024 at 9:13 AM, ICT Supporters Trust said:

Further to launching the survey on Wednesday, we have e-mailed this update to members this morning. The survey is open to all fans, so please share it widely.

And a very big welcome to all our new members who have joined the Trust recently. Thank you for your support.

Good Morning to you all 

Following on from the release of the Survey on Wednesday (just 2 days ago) we felt it only right to provide an update.

At 8am this morning (Friday 31/05/2024)  the value of the monies that WILL NOT be spent at the club this season due to the current situation is £194,443. of which £128k is Season tickets

If you have not completed the survey please add your voice here -   https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/ictfc-season-ticket-survey.

Thank you for your input 

• Thank You 1

13 hours ago, ICT Supporters Trust said:

Further to launching the survey on Wednesday, we have e-mailed this update to members this morning. The survey is open to all fans, so please share it widely.

And a very big welcome to all our new members who have joined the Trust recently. Thank you for your support.

Good Morning to you all 

Following on from the release of the Survey on Wednesday (just 2 days ago) we felt it only right to provide an update.

At 8am this morning (Friday 31/05/2024)  the value of the monies that WILL NOT be spent at the club this season due to the current situation is £194,443. of which £128k is Season tickets

If you have not completed the survey please add your voice here -   https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/ictfc-season-ticket-survey.

Thank you for your input 

The Courier has picked up on the financial implications of fans not renewing season tickets:

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/supporters-trust-say-ict-set-to-lose-200-000-from-fan-boyc-352180/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 1

• Robert unpinned and unfeatured this topic