FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Roll Call for Forres

DJS

3-2 for us after extra time.  We won the cup.  :021: :021: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Very bizzare game, I'm sure TMFTJ will be along shortly with a match report.  Comedy moment was their 1st goal which was scored by their goalie.  :015: Who says the long high ball doesn't work. :015:

Well done boys, one and all, but especially Dale Gillespie who scored two goals, the winner was an absolute beauty!

Was definitely worth going - despite the awful weather which made playing conditions particularly difficult.

Again, many congratulations and thank you boys for making us ICT fans happy today! :021: :021:

No match report from me, incident packed match played out in lashing rain for the most part.  Elgin made it very difficult for the young lads and can count themselves unfortunate to lose out after extra time. Dale Gillespie lashing home a low drive from twenty yards for the first goal, an extraordinary goal by Elgins keeper levelled the scores and deservedly so, the ball bouncing over the ICT keeper as he came to the edge of his box and ran on into the empty net :029: :029: :029:  ICt quickly restored the lead with Shane Sutherland scoring after the ball rebounded from the post 2-1 for ICT at half time.  Elgin started the second half brightly and equalised, Darren Shallicker setting up extra time. Inverness then looked the most likely to end the game but chances went abegging at both ends.  Extra time, second half and Dale Gillespie sent the cup back to Inverness with a spectacular goal, as good as you will see at any level.  The ball was half cleared by the under pressure Elgin defence and as it dropped about twenty three yards out in the inside right position, he watched it all the way and volleyed an unstoppable shot across the keeper into the top corner of the net, a special goal worthy of winning any cup.  End to end stuff and well done both teams.

about 250

From Highland league.net

proper report

What a great afternoon despite the weather. Real end to end stuff but well done to the boys! I bet there are some tired legs out there tonight.  Pity more folk did'nt turn out to support the team. I remember north cup finals in days of old being packed. There were more elgin folk than us, but I bet the ones there really enjoyed it and the boys were jumping at the end.

seems my workmate missed a chance to win it for elgin good chance to take mickey out of him tommorrow

Elgin City introduced Anthony Tansley to the fray (replacing Darren Shallicker) and he could have opned his account within 20 seconds of coming on.  He was left with time and space inside the box just 12 yards out but his attempt to curl a right footer inside the post failed as he pushed the shot wide of the keeper's left hand post.

Very enjoyable afternoon.  Both sets of players deserve credit as they had played yesterday and another 120 minutes today was the last thing they needed.  Dale Gillespie's winner was a cracker - think Zidane for Real Madrid at Hampden and you won't be far wrong.  McNulty looks like our most eccentric keeper since Jimmy Calder and must have been outside his box four or five times during the game.  Liked the look of Jamie Duff who was captain and really seems to be coming on as a player.