FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Missing Posters

RiG

When responding to the Aberdeen ICT fans thread I was wondering what has happened to Donview since we moved sites? Anyone know?

Big Kyle used to be prominent on the old AG board but now seems to be into his scooters these days.

What other posters seem to have slipped away without any reason for their disappearence?

Showaddie adie ( kenny Adie) is still kicking, well sort of, spoke to him in the Market bar on Sat.night, doesnt come to games anymore though.

Fruitbat...spoke to him also on saturday night, he is asking for you all.

Also spoke to Shennachie and Missus, he promised to call into the Innes on sunday for a pint... we will see son.

I still keep in touch with Donview by mobile & text. I'll tell him to give you a bell RiG. I think he's maybe without a computer due to his, ahem, marital situation  :023: but then he does run a business.

They are all fed up with the strict moderation of this site.  :018:

Possibly more likely that many of them are fed up with an upsurge in the kind of material which has led to the need to moderate more strictly. That is NOT a dig at IHE!! There was a definite change in the general tone of the content of these boards some time before IHE's "little local difficulties". It seemed to coincide with promotion to the SPL but that may be a coincidence. But whatever the reason, a lot of valued contributors have been lost.

- some had to re-evaluate their priorities, be that health, career, home life, partners etc and ICT and/or the Internet didnt figure in them or became less important.

- some stopped being ICT fans !!!

- some fell out with me

- some fell out with Don

- some stopped posting because of <insert other poster's name here>

- some thought we over-moderated and you couldnt speak your mind

- some thought we under-moderated and were allowing people too much freedom

At the end of the day, while we regret losing any posters on the site, all we can do is cater for the ones we continue to have and those new and enlightened ones who continue to discover us

A certain "Myth" exists surrounding the amount of moderation that goes on here.  You could count on the fingers of one hand the physical acts of moderation that take place in an average week and the majority of those are nothing more than good housekeeping (shifting a thread to a more suitable area of the forum etc).

When you factor in that most of those who do the complaining about moderation have never been severely moderated and even fewer of them have actually read the sites ToS and Forum Rules then it does become a bit of a head scratcher for us.

The door is always open to anyone who wants to discuss anything they don't agree with, all we ask is that you do it in a constructive manner and through the right channels.  We can't read minds, and if something exists which causes you any problems then bring it to our attention and we will discuss it, clarify it and or review it where possible/necessary.

The door is always open to anyone who wants to discuss anything they don't agree with, all we ask is that you do it in a constructive manner and through the right channels.  We can't read minds, and if something exists which causes you any problems then bring it to our attention and we will discuss it, clarify it and or review it where possible/necessary.

Then we can ban you :sillywave:

not sure about Jnr, but Senior certainly had some job related issues to take care off, he posted as much on the site at the time .... we havent really seen or heard anything of him on the board since the Highland March.

was it because of your atrocious spellnig?  :001:

From what I was told it was because the person actually hated me  :007:

Though that might also cover who you mean!  :004:

What about ITN senior and junior ?

Ian Coia, Gingerninja etc, have all fallen by the wayside, they used to be very regular posters, anyone see them on the travels?

Might just be rumours but allegedly certain posters disappearence are related to other posters on the site who have also disappeared. Not 100% sure about that however.

I am reliably informed that the hitman is working through an alphabetical list.  His last hits were Ian Coia, Interthenet, Interthenet Junior.....................now he is looking at J's, wonder who will be next then?

I am reliably informed that the hitman is working through an alphabetical list.  His last hits were Ian Coia, Interthenet, Interthenet Junior.....................now he is looking at J's, wonder who will be next then?

Well I suppose I am immortal anyway - Most of the oldies still go to various games - decrepids like King Beastie and co.  :023:

I am always surprised that the peeple I get on with the best are the peeple I started off slagging.  :024: I suspect that Marius and I will soon become bosom buddies.  :023: