FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Malkowski or Ridgers

Guest TinCanFan

Which keeper would you prefer to be ICT's substitute keeper?  

52 members have voted

1. 1.

• Zibi Malkowski
    • Ally Ridgers
    • Not Sure

Guest TinCanFan

Now that it looks like Fraser has regained his place in the ICT first team who would you prefer to have as the substitute keeper Ridgers or Malkowski?

Ridgers isn't available. He's out on loan for the season. I would, however, say that we need both. With the number of reserve games we have we need three keepers.

Personally I wouldn't say that Ike has regained his place. I think Brew will keep both on their toes by swapping from time to time.

There was a piece in 4-4-2 last month called 'when Enlgish keepers were good', apparently back in the 80's the England team alternated between Shilton and Clemence every game, because the manager thought they were both equally talented.  :024:

I don't see any reason why we can't do the same thing with MF and ZM. Continuity between the sticks isn't really all that important compared to a back 4, a midfield, or a striking partnership. Competition for places is always important and whoever gets handed the number 1 jersey should feel under pressure for his place as much as any outfielder.

Some of the criticism of Malkowski has been over the top. He had a nervy first few minutes against Aberdeen but did OK after that. Considering it was his first SPL action since January, and virtually his home debut (the CIS cup match was in a half empty stadium) I think we should cut him some slack and he has the potential to be a good player for us.

That said, I've always rated Ally Ridgers and was glad to see CC bring him back to the club, even if it was on an ad hoc basis - he did well enough to earn a full time contract. The fact that Brewster sent him out on loan along with Sutherland suggests that he see's him as one for the future. The woeful form of MF and doubts about ZM might accelarate things a bit. It hopefully won't be too long before he gets a chance. IMHO AR is a much better keeper than MF, and possibly a better keeper than ZM whose still an unknown quantity.