FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brown to Return!!!

CaleyD

Apparently it has been mentioned that Celtic are to make a move to lure Szamotulski from Utd during the January window and Mark Brown will be allowed to leave Celtic Park and interest has been shown in having him return to Inverness if a suitable deal can be struck.

Now this is a thread worth looking at Caley D.

I see that today he was on the bench as a sub for Celtic's game against Benfica.

Shall we wait with bated breath for dvelopments?

And, oh,  Caley or Charles can you please tell me what "bated" means . I am a stumped Pimple; dinna ken...  :comp04:

My first thoughts when I heard of the Pole (it's easier to spell) going to Parkheid.

I suppose the money would be the big stumbling block, but he would be getting a regular game with us thats for sure.

Controversial, unlikely and a little unfair perhaps, but how about putting

Marius on the transfer list and using the freed up wages to pay Mark a

decent wedge to come back to us. A proven top class keeper is more use to us at present.Plus offload Rankin and Caff to help with the potential transfer fee.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Brown leave in the window. On the few first team chances he got he was not at all impressive.

However, bigger and richer clubs will be ahead of us in the queue.

But if by some miracle we got him back, can I take this opportunity to copyright the headline "Broon coup".

Controversial, unlikely and a little unfair perhaps, but how about putting

Marius on the transfer list and using the freed up wages to pay Mark a

decent wedge to come back to us. A proven top class keeper is more use to us at present.Plus offload Rankin and Caff to help with the potential transfer fee.

Oh aye.. who's going to buy Marius? he will turn the corner this saturday.

Brown will have got used to big money, dont think he will come back here, however good as it sounds.

i cant see it myself,

if however he did i would rather see him take on zibi's role. i think that someone like him would push mikey fraser to perform every week as if he slips up when there is a proper threat waiting in the wings then he aint gonna get back in so easily

aint gonna happen, wages will rule it out. Ask yourself one question .... would YOU take a 50, 60 or 70% pay cut to go back to a former employer, albeit a former employer that treated you well and where you enjoyed your time ? If you say yes, then you are most likely either rich or lying !

And, oh,  Caley or Charles can you please tell me what "bated" means . I am a stumped Pimple; dinna ken...  :comp04:

I would imagine that "bated" is an abbreviated form of "abated" which means stopped or held back. The phrase probably therefore has similar origins to "don't hold your breath". Humans are alleged to hold their breath in anticiaption of something significant. I could guess that the origin of the word might be somewhere in Shakespeare since all the guy really did was to take a load of well known phrases and string them together!  :015:

Dictionary.com definition : http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=b...p;x=37&y=14

or if you prefer to get additional definitions use the term "define: <word>" in a google search ....

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=bated

http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/co...ed_words_b.html

Guest TinCanFan

I can't see how Celtic are going to lure Szamoltulski from Dundee United, he's on a five month loan from Sturm Graz.  And isn't the Brown story old news?  I seem to remember hearing it mentioned at the end of the transfer window and I'd like to see Brown back but I doubt that it will happen anytime in the near future.

Guest TinCanFan

i think he will move down to a championship club :020:

He won't be going anywhere if he continues warming the Celtic dug-out bench.

Guest Arab4Ever

I can't see how Celtic are going to lure Szamoltulski from Dundee United, he's on a five month loan from Sturm Graz.

Quite easily given that the loan deal ends in January.

its a 6 month contract and hes not on loan for what difference it makes.