FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Will you now admit...

caley100

I almost will...

We've had our luck in the last 5 games, which many will agree that could have weilded 0 points instead of 3.

But a change in formation, forced by Wyness's injury, has worked wonders. His Wilson and Bayne super subs tactics have been a breath of fresh air as well.

Keep it up Brew and i'll definitely admit I was wrong.

Ok Ok I admit it, I may have been a tad harsh on the old fella. Fantastic run he has us on. I still have my doubts as to his loyalty but welcome home Brew.

**** you Caley100 for outing me like that.

Never doubted his ability...just wasn't convinced he was the best option available.  As we'll never know what anyone else would have done that I can never be proved wrong  :moon02:

What I will concede however is that Brewster has the team performing fantastically and way beyond what I would have hoped for regardless of who had got the job.....can't say better than that!!!

BIRDOG

ITS GREAT TO SEE YOU WITH A SMILE ON THAT FACE OF YOURS :clapping03: :clapping03:

Well kinda hard not to with the results of late. What really pissed me off about Brewster was when I read that he told Rankin he could go, but I think I can safely say that the situation there has changed, a bit of psychology like he used with Wilson first time he was here? Feck knows but he is stating to get us back where we should be.

IHE great to see the yellow gone from under your name but they replaced it with....

GREEN of all fecking colours. They did the same with my season book, lets hope they are not thinking the same way when the new home strip gets designed.

No. Five games do not a season make, nor does one season make a manager. Underperformance by teams around us - please look at the names -  and some real luck (God knows the rub of the green has gone against us often enough, so no complaints there) have had a real bearing on our current league position.

Success breeds confidence, and confidence leads to success <insert clich? here>, so no, the jury's still out on Brew's ability. We've played a system based on the absence of an injured striker together with a couple of inspired substitutions (for that, read 'disastrous' if we'd lost) and it's worked, just; the side are getting back to the fitness levels which made them better players under Brew's last tenure; and one or two  players who weren't really at the races before are showing some good form now. Nick Leeson had a good run of form, too, mind.

Ask again at the end of the season, or two seasons after that. It's much too soon to say.

Still not sure that Ferguson guy's right for Man Utd...

Very droll 4ize! Yes, we have certainly had some good fortune of late, 2 "good" goals disallowed for Hibs and Celtic for example. But the team spirit, work ethic and passion shown by the players recently has been superb. That comes from the manager - he believes in his players and they know he believes in them. That's where they get their confidence and self-belief from, which means they give 100% for the manager on the park, and that yields results.

Two wins in a row might be just luck. But 5 in a row? No way. This is no accident - and Craig deserves credit for the way things are going.

My two main concerns earlier in the season were that our guys were shot-shy and wanted to score in the 6 yard box and the other was that Brew was subbing far too late in the game to make any difference. Our guys are now showing the confidence to have a dig from distance - and are getting goals as a result (which accounts for a few of the wins) and Brew is now giving a decent length of time for subs to get into the game. Glad you read my post about this from a few weeks ago Craig.  :014:

So Brew - hats off to you pal and keep it up. Your doing a fine job!!  :022:

By the way, has anyone seen or heard of that gloating Dundee United fan "Arab4ever"?  :blah01: After two defeats from Gretna they must be running scared of that mighty team from the Deep South!!    :001:

I did doubt his ability - based on his 3 wins in 30 games DUFC tenure and I am delighted that he is proving me wrong. I have also noticed adjustments in things like substitutions, formation etc so it appears he is definitely learning and learning quickly. long may that continue.

I dont think it is luck .... as someone said above, 1 or 2 games might be luck, but FIVE ? Having said that, CC also had a 5 game winning streak (with no goals conceded) at the end of one season and look what happened there !

His Christmas report card is probably an "A minus" with Motherwell being the blip ! - A good transfer window where we enhance the squad will make it a straight "A"  :003:

A96, Scotty, you need to take the suggestion of luck in the context of the post. I'm not suggesting that our recent run is entirely down to luck, but that our league position certainly owes something to it. The team has battled and showed some superb skill and spirit; for the first time in three seasons we're actually seeing some entertaining football at home, consistently. However, over the five wins, good fortune has played a *big* part, and it's good fortune that we've rarely seen. Does the manager bring luck? We should probably ask the club faith healer, or IHE next time he's dowsing for that aquifer. Does the manager bring success? We should address that after more than a five game run.

The common usage is 'the exception instead of/rather than the rule'; if there were more than one exception then 'an exception' would be fine. Perhaps the man sees more than one exception? Just a wild guess.

If you're going to start grammar wars, I'll take black. Still, I'd rather talk about football.

Bayne did score a terrific winner today, but I agree about changing a winning team.....

He did yes, but his first two contributions were to give away free kicks, then he got carded. Then there was one comical moment where he just stood and watched, completely motionless, while  their defence  brought it forward.

I like Graham, and credit to him for his goal, but he's a bit of a headless chicken. Brew has it spot on at the moment, keep Bayne for the last 15. The trouble today was the midfield weren't getting forward quick enough to support Niculae (and later, Bayne), which meant both were isolated too often.