FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry dropped again

Guest macgint71

Guest macgint71

Saw Barry in the town with his family today, since the team left to travel south take it he was dropped again. Whats going on I though he did a good job on Sunday and played really well on Wednesday in the reserves

Guest macgint71

He was walking okay :014:

I think Mr Brewster prob put boys in the squad who were wanting to leave and since we are nearing the end of the window he won't want to risk losing anyone else. call me synical. I bet yoy Bazza feels like he's getting kicked in the n*ts week in week out at the moment.

Football is a results game. Brews livelyhood depends on . Am sure if he thought Barrys inclusion would improve the chances of winning games, he would be in the starting 11.

Seems Brew simply doesnt deem him good enuff these days.

If it was me, id be offski the way hes being treated. Think his hands r tied with testimonial?? If rumours r true he'l be off coaching with Hibs at end of season. Havent read anything about what ICT are planning.?? Have i missed anything??

Technically we have nowt on the bench what can come on and change a game, and hes miles ahead of patti who was poor in reserves game midweek.

Could it be that Bazz requested to go down sat morning instead of friday night?

Oh don't be daft Alex. Barry was at Brews door this week for another little moan but the reality is that Brew doesn't fancy him and he is at the end of the glorious road. He has done well for the club and the club has been very good to him. Personally I would only give testimonials to players with 10 years unbroken service and I don't think Barry has that qualification so he certainly shouldn't have any financial arguments. Good employee yes but time to let a younger model get a chance.

Hold on a minute, whats all this about.  Barry was shown in the squad on the BBC site before the game was called off.  All of a sudden he is not worty of a testimonial.  Strewth.

caleyboy!!! :018:... do you go to our games or reserve games??? we have few youngsters YET of that ability...n if brew did play them i think we'd be fighting off gretna!!! Looking at the last 3 straight defeats maybe brew should be looking at experience to get us back on track..

Is it not the club who decides testimonials? Think if my employee asked me if i wanted a testimonial i wouldnt turn it down..would u???

caleyboy!!! :018:... do you go to our games or reserve games??? we have few youngsters YET of that ability...n if brew did play them i think we'd be fighting off gretna!!! Looking at the last 3 straight defeats maybe brew should be looking at experience to get us back on track..

Is it not the club who decides testimonials? Think if my employee asked me if i wanted a testimonial i wouldnt turn it down..would u???

Sorry I've upset you Grabe - just expressing my opinion  :boxing:

Yes, the club does decide if a player is OFFERED a testimonial but Barry would have negotiated this as part of his last contract. Highly unlikely if the club just "asked him if he wanted one"

Let's face the facts. Brew doesn't fancy him - full stop so the likes of Patti are now getting a chance and Dale Gillespie gets a taste on the bench.

Barry has been good for the club and the club has been good for Barry but no matter our opinions, it is all in the past.

I completely agree with caleyboy - I don't think Barry deserves a testimonial at all due his broken service.  He buggered off made his money, came back now he'll get more cash.  It must feel like a kick in teeth for players like tokely and Munro are loyal definitely deserve it.  Its a joke

Richard Hastings is also closing in on 10 years of broken service. Will he get a testimonial?

Yes he will and Ross had his testimonial last year.  I think Barry has been a great servant to ICT and thoroughly deserves his testimonial.  His dinner has sold out without even being advertised so that suggests I'm not alone.  

Personally I don't see the point of arguing over who is or is not worthy of a testimonial as all the events run to raise money are optional.  This means that if you don't agree with it then you simply choose not to support it....end of problem.

Dont have a problem with a testimonial for Barry or Richard .... to spend 10 years at one club whether in one unbroken timeline or over a couple of stints is still a huge proportion of the career of most players and worthy of recognition.

As CD says - you can choose to support the events or not and I suppose the fact that Barry's dinner is sold out supplies the answer ......