FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

David Sutherland Interview

Caley Stan

in theHighland News

It seems that he's concerned about the way the club's being run as well going by these two quotes:

"The breaking of the current wage structure with Marius Niculae with support from Orion Engineering is something which I think needs to be reassessed in the future in pursuit of sustainability."

"Currently there are thoughts by the board to develop a new stand. I don't think they should do that. It would be better to direct any money they have in the direction of Craig Brewster and the team."

Without this guys input to our club we wouldnt be where we are today (im confident of that) and for this i am eternally grateful to Mr Sutherland.  :clapping03: I just think when we go through a spell of unrest that we are now, u look back on other points in the past where we could be on a looser footing. Im just appreciating the work and time he and his company have put in.  The stand building, balancing the books etc :symbol_exclaim01:

A very interesting and informative article with the man best placed - as the biggest shareholder - to actually be listened to when he talks.

We can mump and moan all we like on here but we will never be more than a small thorn in the side of some people. However, Mr Sutherland has, in my mind, fired a shot across the bows and those who dismiss the fans as nothing more than plebs who should be grateful we are even in the SPL should pay attention.

I also liked the bit that suggested he may be able to assist Clach in some way. Good on him.

David Sutherland stepped in once before to rescue the club in times of great need. I wonder if he's prepared to do so again. The hand on the tiller at present is clearly in need of some guidance from wiser counsel.

That could be far nearer the truth than you would imagine - Read between the lines fowks.  :014:

Mr Mileson's financial input into Gretna appears to have come to a grinding halt and this despite his undoubted  love for the club etc. He certainly put in a huge share and did his bit but  a lost cause  can not be supported indefinitely.

The point?  Simply that  where a project is bleeding money and always the hands are out pleading for large  handouts to keep it afloat even the most loving patron cannot be expected to put up with this situation forever.Patience wears thin and rarely is a businessman so philanthropic and rich (unless you are Bill Gates) as to view this situation as normal and sustainable.

The word used by Mr Sutherland in Charles' commentary is "sustainability" and I predict that , within one to two years only, he will withdraw his financial help unless the club bucks up and starts to do very well--which, at the moment, seems a long shot at best.

Scary stuff. :007: :024:

And I think that Mann is the Mann for the Job but I am seriously wondering if Craig Brewster is I regret to say. Nothing against his footballing record, wonderful performer, but he really is an inexperienced Manager and does he have the capacity to be a tremendous inspirational leader in the relative short term or......ever?

I am not going to touch that one with a long pole because........I am only a Pimple and if you want to squeeze me  you can only find me on the Yellowhead Highway in Northern Canada.

:016: :stir:  :cdn:

However, Mr Sutherland has, in my mind, fired a shot across the bows and those who dismiss the fans as nothing more than plebs who should be grateful we are even in the SPL should pay attention.

Why do they think we should be gratefull? I for one miss the days where we were an attacking exciting team and looked forward to another goal fest at the TCS. Now i just sit and hope Brewster hasen't taken another disliking to one of our better players and fear for next season.

David Sutherland has brought this club to where it is,without him we would be nothing,lot more financial sustainabilty than Mr Mileson but not such a dimwit,Mr Savage well who knows what his agenda is but i just wish Mr Sutherland had the time to devote full time to the club when he is at the helm we are a progressive club,**** Offg Savage ,**** The Romanian agenda and lets get this club back to the local club it once was

A s for Mr Brewster 1Watt Bulbs brighter than Him!!!

The interview, although it refers to the Stadium Trust, really sheds little new light on it.

It was obvious that either Tullochs or Mr Sutherland as an individual must have guatenteed the debt to persuade the bank to agree to it being transferred from the then PLC to the trust but the debt still remains and there is no light shed on how that's being serviced far less reduced.

The interview, although it refers to the Stadium Trust, really sheds little new light on it.

It was obvious that either Tullochs or Mr Sutherland as an individual must have guatenteed the debt to persuade the bank to agree to it being transferred from the then PLC to the trust but the debt still remains and there is no light shed on how that's being serviced far less reduced.

i'm sure i mentioned that somewhere before.....  been trying to get my hands on some accounts and papers.... but my contact must be having difficulties....