FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

captain for this coming season

strathyjags

i findit srange brewsters holding ff until just before stat of season before deciding on this season,s captain,surely if he thought munro dd a ood job last season he would of given it to him straight away,but hes thought to be consdiering tokly,wilson or duncan also :029:

I would like to see Tokely made captain as I he always gives 100% and has been a great servant to the club over the years.

Wilson would be my first choice but it would make no sense to appoint someone who looks unlikely to be here this time next year or to play every game this season.

Granty doesn't strike me as an inspirational leader and doesn't give out enough bollockings for my liking. Golly was always great at going mental if someone lost the ball or stepped out of line. If not Tokely then I think Duncan would be a decent shout as he isn't afraid to say his piece during games (I'm sure some refs would say he does this a little too often :)

Guest WynessLegend

Duncan can be a bit too hot-headed, Barry mightn't be in the first team enough. Munro is the obvious choice - with Tokely as a possible back up.

Has to be Granty for me, didn't believe he should have been captain at the start of last season but he has done a great job for me and I wouldn't change it, but I wonder if this has something to do with the arguement that Grant and Brew had several months ago when he was forced to train with the 19s for a few days  :024:

I wonder if this has something to do with the arguement that Grant and Brew had several months ago when he was forced to train with the 19s for a few days  :024:

Good point.

Did Brew not impose a one-match captaincy ban on Granty too? If that makes sense  :016:

I wonder if this has something to do with the arguement that Grant and Brew had several months ago when he was forced to train with the 19s for a few days  :024:

Good point.

Did Brew not impose a one-match captaincy ban on Granty too? If that makes sense  :016:

No, there was rumours about that he would be stripped of the armband for the game against the sheep but it turned out to be false.

gotta be granty for me.

Yeah maybe he did take a few games to settle into the role but take it away from him now and he will be harder to keep enthused. i believe he did a great job and weill get better this season. i think roscoe is a good back up and fills in well as deputy. as for the other nakes its nothing against them but i think the captain should be a defender as they can see the game panning out in front of them

If we had signed or had someone in the side that oozed leadership qualities far more than GM then I would say we should give it to them but as we havent, and there is not, then Granty will do just fine.

He had a hard season last year what with the reputed bust-ups, the change of managers, and even his own performances as he tried to grow into the role so hopefully it will only serve to make him a stronger captain. I also find myself agreeing with Brewster 100% when he says that "you can never have enough leaders or winners on the park, no matter who is wearing the armband. Everyone in the team has to take some sort of responsibility"

If not Granty then I would suggest Richard Hastings. I dont expect that idea to get much support but I can tell you I was very impressed with how vocal he was and how he tried to rally the troops in the Gold Cup final when Canada were shafted by the USA's 12th man (for a second time).

Think Brewster is right to be leaving his decision till the team have trained a bit more together.

I don't think Munro was a natural leader and struggled a little to start with both in his own performance and the leadership role last season.  Brewster also seems to be gearing up for something "different" this season with the squad and it may well prove that someone else is better placed/suited to carrying out those wishes on the park and someone else may rise to that challenge in the run up to the start.

He should, and I'm sure he does, have one or two people in mind and they should be "tested" in the role during pre-season friendlies etc.