FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

rock....

maimie

guess i'm probably more rock chic than rock chick these days but....

just found the most amazing radio station on the web...

http://www.rockradioscotland.co.uk/rock_live/

(still can't get the clicky thingy to work for me )

not sure i can get it on the radio here - 96.3 - but is there a way of playing my laptop through the telly or the stereo (bearing in mind it's an old one...)

or should i just stick to mobile phones....

not sure i can get it on the radio here - 96.3 - but is there a way of playing my laptop through the telly or the stereo (bearing in mind it's an old one...)

Provided your TV/Hi-Fi has some form of audio input then it should be a simple case of getting the correct cable.

Your laptop, even an old one, will have a 3.5mm jack socket for the headphones I would imagine. So that's what you would need on one end of the cable. Your TV/HiFi will most likely have Phono Inputs (red and white sockets that are similar to an RF TV Aerial socket but smaller).

If that's right you should be able to pick up the cable easily enough from somewhere like PC World or Maplin for a couple of quid.

Alternative, if you don't want to mess with wires, is to get an FM transmitter that plugs into the 3.5mm socket and then tune the radio on your HiFi to the frequency it's set at. These can also be used for playing your MP3 player through your car stereo and things like that and are a handy bit of kit.

Guest birdog

Provided your TV/Hi-Fi has some form of audio input then it should be a simple case of getting the correct cable.

Your laptop, even an old one, will have a 3.5mm jack socket for the headphones I would imagine. So that's what you would need on one end of the cable. Your TV/HiFi will most likely have Phono Inputs (red and white sockets that are similar to an RF TV Aerial socket but smaller).

If that's right you should be able to pick up the cable easily enough from somewhere like PC World or Maplin for a couple of quid.

Alternative, if you don't want to mess with wires, is to get an FM transmitter that plugs into the 3.5mm socket and then tune the radio on your HiFi to the frequency it's set at. These can also be used for playing your MP3 player through your car stereo and things like that and are a handy bit of kit.

Handy yes, legal definetly not but unlikely to be prosecuted for using it.