FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Duff V Proctor V McGuire

Guest ict1994

Guest ict1994

Who would you have to pair G Munro in Defence when McGuire returns to full fitness. Would it Be McGuire Proctor or Duff?

In my opinion it would have to be Duff as he has been immense in every game so far the only blemish is the mistake against hamilton but even in that game he was still one of our better players. Also its about time we had someone who is willin to make that crunching tackle to leave the opposing forward on the deck while still winning the ball.

For me McGuire would drop out as too often he gives away needless fouls outside our own box and picks up too many yellow cards. But it would be close between him and Duff as he is a great defender that has a fantastic postional sense.

As for Proctor i think he is the weakest candidate of all as although he is quick he lacks the strength for a physical battle and that showed a bit when he was pitched against Colin Nish against hibs.

but enough of my opinions lets hear what everyone else thinks

I think most on here will tell you that the preferred choice would be Duff. from what i have heard, he made a couple of boo boos early doors, but on the whole, he has done very well and should condsider himself unlucky to find himself on the bench the past couple of days.

The person who shows he's the best for the job obviously.

But who in your "opinion" is that?

At one point last season I would have said Proctor, but after now seeing Duff and realising Proctor can be pretty useless and McGuire is well unreliable at best, I would have to go for Duff.

Edited by Iain

The person who shows he's the best for the job obviously.

But who in your "opinion" is that?

At one point last season I would have said Proctor, but after now seeing Duff and realising Proctor can be pretty useless and McGuire is well unreliable at best, I would have to go for Duff.

I would agree - and I am encouraged that Brewster only makes duff decisions.

Duff isn't happy about being dropped at all, he said that he was left out of the reserves which usually means your going to start at the weekend, but was left on the bench. He's done well with the chance he's had and should be the first choice I feel.

Duff offers a bit of height and physical presence which proctor ( a full back) cant. He's pretty quick for a taller lad too.

Duff and Munro.

Give a year or two in the weight room and get Duff to bulk up the upper body strength and he'd be all the better for it.

aint seen him play but from what i have heard duff in the middle and proc out on the right. was highly imperssed last yer with bambi and once he gets a few games back i would like to see a return to his form

I agree, put proctor out on the right and see how Rosco reacts to it, he's not been the same player this season for whatever reason and Duff has done more than enough to claim a starting place.

Duff is the man on form at the moment.

I would still replace Tokley with Proctor on this seasons form although I am told that Tokley had his second decent game this season last Saturday.

Who will Brewster pick?

neksor

Duff and Munro look to be a good pairing, Duff to me is the all round player, both defensively and football wise. Munro could learn from Duff in the footballing sence, because I have to say it becomes tedious watching him launch the ball with no direction, and lets face it this is week in week out (good defender). Tokleys inconcistency, requires him to receive a well deserved (long) rest. Proctor, could and should be filling this gap.

Guest Spectre

Tokely wins a lot of headers from corners and the like, being the biggest. Not to say he's been great this season but don't under-estimate the value of his physical presence.

i would like to see duff and munro, i think duff is potentially the best centre back we have and i think he deserves a spot in the starting line up. people i think aren't giving tokely enough credit, i wouldn't drop tokes. its hasting that should be dropped, his passing is very poor.

Guest RPFaither

i would like to see duff and munro, i think duff is potentially the best centre back we have and i think he deserves a spot in the starting line up. people i think aren't giving tokely enough credit, i wouldn't drop tokes. its hasting that should be dropped, his passing is very poor./quote]

I would agree with that.

Duff - 6' 2" and 12 stone 6lb

Proc - 5' 11" and 11 st 5lb

Phil - 5' 11" and 10 st 6lb

Who needs to bulk up captain?

Duff. At 6'2 he's got the height but he's quite the thin guy and whilst he may lose a touch of pace, working on his upper body strength could lead him to being a more commanding figure.

At 5'11" 11st is around average but a few pounds of muscle on the 12'6" frame of Duff would do no harm. And given his youth now is the perfect time.

Duff. At 6'2 he's got the height but he's quite the thin guy and whilst he may lose a touch of pace, working on his upper body strength could lead him to being a more commanding figure.

At 5'11" 11st is around average but a few pounds of muscle on the 12'6" frame of Duff would do no harm. And given his youth now is the perfect time.

At 12'6" should he not just sit in goals. :rotflmao:

At 12'6" should he not just sit in goals. :thumb04:

I'll be editing that then :rotflmao:

What i meant was as our tallest centre half out of him Proctor and Maguire at 6'2, but being fairly light for that weight at 12st 6lb he could put on a few pounds in muscle and become more of a physical Darren Dods type figure which we require.

I also agree that Tokely is valuable with his height and physical presence. Could Proctor not be played as a standard right midfielder allowing for tokers rampages up the line and offering more than adequate cover as opposed to the gaping hole he often leaves. It would allow Cowie to be pushed further up ina more free role also. With a choice of middle men.

I think Hastings has really started to decline as a player and a replacement is required. Lionel and McBain are not really up to that role either permanently.

Edited by iamthecaptain1