FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry Wilson (Merged)

Reliably_Informed

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Scotty and think this is a huge mistake by the club (if the rumour is true).

The argument as to whether or not he's still got what it takes to contribute at this level will be answered by just how many, and which, clubs come looking for his services and I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a couple of other SPL teams show interest.

I said it on another thread - he may not be a 90 minute player anymore, but he can make an impact in a situation where his substitution into or out of the game is planned. I also believe that a player of his experience could be immense in a mentorship role with some of the younger players and we should not underestimate that side of it either.

I'm with Scotty and think this is a huge mistake by the club (if the rumour is true).

The argument as to whether or not he's still got what it takes to contribute at this level will be answered by just how many, and which, clubs come looking for his services and I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a couple of other SPL teams show interest.

OK I'll bite , what 2 SPL clubs do you reckon will come in for him ?

OK I'll bite , what 2 SPL clubs do you reckon will come in for him ?

I wasn't thinking specifically, but I'm of the opinion that we could see anyone outside the OF showing an interest. I'm not talking big contracts or long term deals here, but a couple of teams will see the benefit of having Wilson with them, even if it was only for 6 months.

But would he want to go to another SPL team with the risk that playing against ICT and having a hand in defeating them somewhere down the line could see them relegated? I doubt it.

But would he want to go to another SPL team with the risk that playing against ICT and having a hand in defeating them somewhere down the line could see them relegated? I doubt it.

Had it been anyone other than Barry then I might have argued the "in it for the money" line, but you may well be right. Anyway, as I said, I only think we'll see interest, what Barry chooses to do is another matter.

He cant get a game in a team thats crying out for creativity , no other SPL would look at him IMHO .

15 appearances this season and a grand total of zero goals , says it all .

If the rumour is right then other clubs will show interest. Whether that includes SPL clubs or not....we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope this stays in the rumour mill as if confirmed another bad desision by the club, Barry has a lot to offer the club not only as an impact player but has the respect of the other players and his experience can help them a lot.

Since I post this it appears it will not be staying in the rumour mill

Edited by stevico1

Dross Countys his level now I'm afraid. Great servant to the club but its time to call it a day.

Can confirm this is true. He was told today. He is obviously hurting at being pushed away and not being offered any coaching position.

He feels he has not been given a chance, even with our dire home displays with 2 starts this season and a few last ten minute performances. It is obvious to me Brew feels threatened by him and the same was with Parky.

I will say he will come back and haunt ICT, n hope it wont be with a team that will put us down. Cos looking at our vastly inexperienced squad i can see major problems before the end of the season. Yeah he will get another team, just hope it wont bite Brew on the buttocks!!!!!!!!!!

....has, by all accounts, been told that he will not be offered a contract extension in January.

Disgraceful way to treat a great club servant. Sadly it is no surprise considering how others in the recent past have found to their cost .It is not as if he was asking for charity, on the rare occasions he has played this season he has let nobody down.It defies logic when we gave a 6 month contract to Patelinen who had cruciate ligament problems with no prospect of playing before xmas yet cannot see fit to keep a fully fit Barry until the end of the season.

A great way to round off his testimonial year eh !!!

Bang on a great servant to the club and anyone that was at his testimonial dinner and witnessed his speech will have seen first hand what ICT meant to Barry.

Hope this is not the end for you at ICT Barry, the word legend is used to quickly but you are a real legend

:thumb04: :rotflmao:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

another great move by brewster :thumb04: first letting our experienced strikers go and now a experienced midfielder who the young 1s look up to :rotflmao: