FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry Wilson (Merged)

Reliably_Informed

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute folly.

"He has been such a good servant to this Club and is one of the reasons why ICT progressed through the leagues. I need a new Barry Wilson and I have to give some of the younger guys a chance to see whether they can cut it at this level and if not I will have to look elsewhere".

Perhaps it would be a better tactical decision to retain the OLD Barry Wilson UNTIL you find the new one or see whether the younger guys can "cut it" as you so eloquently put it. In fact, the more times I read over that statement, the angrier I am getting. time to go for a coffee before I post what I really want to say ...... the swear filter would have a field day !

Absolute folly.

"He has been such a good servant to this Club and is one of the reasons why ICT progressed through the leagues. I need a new Barry Wilson and I have to give some of the younger guys a chance to see whether they can cut it at this level and if not I will have to look elsewhere".

Perhaps it would be a better tactical decision to retain the OLD Barry Wilson UNTIL you find the new one or see whether the younger guys can "cut it" as you so eloquently put it. In fact, the more times I read over that statement, the angrier I am getting. time to go for a coffee before I post what I really want to say ...... the swear filter would have a field day !

Word perfect, but Barry is a huge threat to Brew, so no chance, how many more games are we too loose, before the board sits up and takes notice, once Brew is away, then, and only then, will they listen, Barry will be back, we need him.

Brewster's plea for the fans to get behind the players on North Tonight was pitiful..............in the same bulletin that Barry was speaking about getting the "bullet".

This will be the final straw for many fans, Brewster must go before he does any further damage.

Draft Grassa Bennett statement (to be released if we lose to St Mirren)

'Craig was given a golden second chance and in his own words he had unfinished business to complete. We have to thank him that just before he retired as a player last January 2008 he was instrumental in securing our place in the SPL with a few wins albeit with our lowest points total and worse position ever. We had hoped he would move upwards from that position but our concern right now is that he will take us back down the leagues and undo the work that people like Barry Wilson did to put this Club on the map. We wish Craig well for the future. We have asked Charlie and Alex to take temporary control of the First Team for the difficult game against Aberdeen whilst the search for a new Manager is completed. We have advised Malkie that he is free to apply for the post if he so wishes. On behalf of the staff, players, sponsers and I must not forget our fans, please now support this Club through this difficult time. I believe we have outstanding players at this Club and with the right guidance, tactics and motivation they can produce positive results.'

"Manager Craig Brewster said "It was obviously a difficult decision to come too, Barry wanted to know as early as possible so that he could get sorted out.""

I'd be surprised if Barry isn't completely baffled at being offered a six month contract in which to prove he still has something to offer and then being given beggar all chance on the pitch to show what he has to offer.

hmmnnn, maybe Barry is being released from his contract as a player, which will enable him so sign on as the Manager when Brew and ICT part company by mutual consent.

Brew has just about lost all of any remaining credibility he had. This is by far the worst decision of his career as an ex-manager and time to step down please.

hmmnnn, maybe Barry is being released from his contract as a player, which will enable him so sign on as the Manager when Brew and ICT part company by mutual consent.

Aye, I saw that flock of pigs, too :rotflmao:

Unless they land on Grassa's head ICT will be without my ?700 + next year. I can watch eleven despondent guys run in vain around a near-silent football pitch and lose at home every other week while some muppet who fancies himself as a bit of a talent shouts at them from the touchline for far less money at a variety of grounds across the Highlands.

The party is well and truly over. Pass the Alka Seltzer...

To be honest, ide rather see him play out the rest of the season and finish at that, but everyone - regardless wether Bazza can play or not - would go against ANYTHING in what Brewster says, it's just what everyones nature is now a days, and it's rather poor. People need to learn to let go, obviously he's a club legend.. but that doesn't mean he has to be tied playing for us untill he gives up.

We Are Not Happy

At Least When Barry Was Playing The Ball Seemed To Be Going In The Right Direction .

Towards the goal and its goals and points that we are needing or we will be heading towards relegation or is that the idea?

FER ****'S SAKE, Brewsterd offered a new contract and Bazza out :rotflmao: What the ****?!!!!?

This club is ****** up that's all I have to say on the matter.

Apologies for the swearing but I am slightly upset atm. Please don't add to my warn level :rotflmao:

Any chance of it being reduced since I have been a good wee boy recently?

To be honest, ide rather see him play out the rest of the season and finish at that, but everyone - regardless wether Bazza can play or not - would go against ANYTHING in what Brewster says, it's just what everyones nature is now a days, and it's rather poor. People need to learn to let go, obviously he's a club legend.. but that doesn't mean he has to be tied playing for us untill he gives up.

That all sounds very reasonable. Unfortunately you don't seem to consider that

a. It's his testimonial year. You just don't do stuff like this when you've awarded a player a testimonial. Against Liverpool. It makes you look stupid.

b. Barry was told he could have a six month contract to show what he's got, yet he's had next to no first team football and, when he has come on, it's largely been because we're already screwed. Again, looks stupid.

c. Brew was a club legend at Dundee United, before doing one to Ionikos. Tripped over his laces to get back there as manager, showed his ineptitude in every department (hatchet-man theorists step back, he was just rubbish) and looked stupid. Eddie Thompson was not. Our board then were, and now look very stupid indeed. From a footballing perspective, anyway.

Message for Barry:

You have been and will always remain a legend and a real gent. You have the fans and ICT in your heart and I sincerely hope you don't leave the club feeling you could never go back. Many fans, especially on this forum, would welcome you back with open arms in any role. Be it as a player, youth coach or manager.

I for one and exteremely gutted at the decision that CB and the board have come to in releasing you. I just hope you are able to persuade the rest of the lads to continue fighting for ICT, as without them the club are surely sent back down the leagues, almost as quickly as we came up them.

For all you have done over the years at ICT, I wish you every success for the future, and THANK YOU.

Message for Brewster:

Could you please explain WTF you are doing to our club? You are the manager and the buck must fall at your feet. Your team selections baffle everyone, players and fans alike, and your actions are clearly speaking louder than words.

Why can't you see that you are killin our club? You're letting go of one of the another one of the best players to grace the turf of TCS. Wyness, Rankin and Niculae to name but a few. All players that can (and currently are for their new clubs) contributing experiance and skill to every game, and giving 100%.

It's time to resign with what little dignity you have left. Although I was not keen on your re-appontent, I supported you because I want to see my team succeed, and I am now sorry to say, you have done completely the opposite.

Message for the Board:

Take a look at the stats, the performances on the pitch and the moral of the players in the dressing room. All are the lowest any ICT fan or player has experianced, possibly ever. If you care for the club, you will seek brewsters resignation, or give him the boot. You are vastly running out of support from the fans, the very people who pay your wages.

Draft Grassa Bennett statement (to be released if we lose to St Mirren)

'Craig was given a golden second chance and in his own words he had unfinished business to complete. We have to thank him that just before he retired as a player last January 2008 he was instrumental in securing our place in the SPL with a few wins albeit with our lowest points total and worse position ever. We had hoped he would move upwards from that position but our concern right now is that he will take us back down the leagues and undo the work that people like Barry Wilson did to put this Club on the map. We wish Craig well for the future. We have asked Charlie and Alex to take temporary control of the First Team for the difficult game against Aberdeen whilst the search for a new Manager is completed. We have advised Malkie that he is free to apply for the post if he so wishes. On behalf of the staff, players, sponsers and I must not forget our fans, please now support this Club through this difficult time. I believe we have outstanding players at this Club and with the right guidance, tactics and motivation they can produce positive results.'

5thStand statement if we win, lose or draw at St Mirren.

'Craig, you're fired!' Gettaefayabassa!

Bazza, we're all rooting for you.

Edited by 5thStand

A disgraceful decision which isn't merited in footballing terms and even if it was is not justified given Barry's contribution to the club over the years. As far as I'm concerned that's the last straw. It may not be important to the club in the whole scheme of things but I and my family will not be returning to the TCS as long as Mr Brewster remains as (mis)manager.

I realise i am in the minority that supports Brewster, but after hearing of this i'm not so sure. Barry is genuinely upset and it's obviously he loves the club, he should be kept on until the end of the season and after that with a view to a coaching position. If there was anyone who gave their all in an ICT shirt then it's Barry.To put it bluntly, Craig you baffle me with this decision! :o

I've never been a fan of Brewster as a manager but until today I was prepared to give him the benifit of a growing number of doubts but no longer. Craig you are rapidly destroying our club and alienating long standing supporters. Go now for goodness sake before it's too late. I, for one, have no condidence whatsoever in your abilty to manage on any level anymore.

Message for Barry:

You have been and will always remain a legend and a real gent. You have the fans and ICT in your heart and I sincerely hope you don't leave the club feeling you could never go back. Many fans, especially on this forum, would welcome you back with open arms in any role. Be it as a player, youth coach or manager.

I for one and exteremely gutted at the decision that CB and the board have come to in releasing you. I just hope you are able to persuade the rest of the lads to continue fighting for ICT, as without them the club are surely sent back down the leagues, almost as quickly as we came up them.

For all you have done over the years at ICT, I wish you every success for the future, and THANK YOU.

Message for Brewster:

Could you please explain WTF you are doing to our club? You are the manager and the buck must fall at your feet. Your team selections baffle everyone, players and fans alike, and your actions are clearly speaking louder than words.

Why can't you see that you are killin our club? You're letting go of one of the another one of the best players to grace the turf of TCS. Wyness, Rankin and Niculae to name but a few. All players that can (and currently are for their new clubs) contributing experiance and skill to every game, and giving 100%.

It's time to resign with what little dignity you have left. Although I was not keen on your re-appontent, I supported you because I want to see my team succeed, and I am now sorry to say, you have done completely the opposite.

Message for the Board:

Take a look at the stats, the performances on the pitch and the moral of the players in the dressing room. All are the lowest any ICT fan or player has experianced, possibly ever. If you care for the club, you will seek brewsters resignation, or give him the boot. You are vastly running out of support from the fans, the very people who pay your wages.

;) :D :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: :lol: :015:

No point posting what I was going to. You've pretty much said it all there

a. It's his testimonial year. You just don't do stuff like this when you've awarded a player a testimonial. Against Liverpool. It makes you look stupid.

For a man to retire after his testimonial year, approaching the age of 37 - Ide say is a pretty reasonable thing to do. Obviously if he's not getting the chance to start, maybe it's because he's not performing well in training, or such things.

For a man to retire after his testimonial year, approaching the age of 37 - Ide say is a pretty reasonable thing to do. Obviously if he's not getting the chance to start, maybe it's because he's not performing well in training, or such things.

He isn't retiring, look at any of the other posts here and the actual topic and notice he isn't being offered a contract. And that he is gutted about that! He NEVER got a chance to prove himself... F*CK BREWSTER!

I AM NOT HAPPY!