FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry Wilson (Merged)

Reliably_Informed

ok, lets not get off topic and start pulling apart other user's profiles. All I can add to this (to hopefully put it to bed) is that there is nothing in the user's registration information to suggest it is Craig Brewster. The DPA does not permit me to go further than that.

can we get back on topic now please !!!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how for some users every topic seems to end on an attack on CB. At the same time any user who tries to support or defend him, or has the audacity to be quite delighted that our club (yes it's my club too!) is once again enjoying top flight football has to be CB!

Statement of fact: I am not CB

CD also told me that the problem was that our top flight football status was now under threat and this was the reason for the unhappiness. This could be true but the sad reality is that some on this board attack CB at all times and always will. In his firts spell and since he returned some on;y get pleasure ffrom failure. Why who knows? Maybe it's because all those who attack him are JR or BW or CC or anyone else who might like his job! That of course is ridiculous isn't it!

Going back on topic, I didn't realise the board was as full of FIFA coaches, DOFs, CEs and Managers as it is. Also it has amazed me the number of posters who have spent time watching BW coach, understand his ethos in the game and state with such certainty what a fabulous addition he would make to our staff. I have no opinion either way as I have not devoted the time others have to watch him coach................

Truth is they know as little as I do but just like making a noise as it's another opportunity for a go at CB. Please correct me if I am wrong but I will not accept answers that include: "I know or a friend knows a player and he says BW is a great coach". Factual info based on evidence not hearsay please.

Interesting how for some users every topic seems to end on an attack on CB. At the same time any user who tries to support or defend him, or has the audacity to be quite delighted that our club (yes it's my club too!) is once again enjoying top flight football has to be CB!

Statement of fact: I am not CB

CD also told me that the problem was that our top flight football status was now under threat and this was the reason for the unhappiness. This could be true but the sad reality is that some on this board attack CB at all times and always will. In his firts spell and since he returned some on;y get pleasure ffrom failure. Why who knows? Maybe it's because all those who attack him are JR or BW or CC or anyone else who might like his job! That of course is ridiculous isn't it!

Going back on topic, I didn't realise the board was as full of FIFA coaches, DOFs, CEs and Managers as it is. Also it has amazed me the number of posters who have spent time watching BW coach, understand his ethos in the game and state with such certainty what a fabulous addition he would make to our staff. I have no opinion either way as I have not devoted the time others have to watch him coach................

Truth is they know as little as I do but just like making a noise as it's another opportunity for a go at CB. Please correct me if I am wrong but I will not accept a

Me, myself and I have seen barry assist with training sessions when I've been up at the crack of dawn playing football with a friend of mine.

The work he puts into it is superb and the players listen to his every word. I've heard him encourage every single player to give 100% in training, and he takes this attitude onto the field of play also. Even when the boys look completely shattered, he encourages them even more and you literally see them respond. Then CB and MT come back from setting the usual sessions and take over.

I have no doubt that CB has added a few years to barry's playing career due to the emphesis he has on fitness - but this I am sorry to say seems to be the only thing (outside playing) that CB is good at.

Rarely have i seen much change in any training session. It seems to be the same schedule each day. A few laps, a few dribbling skills, a couple keepie uppies and then a stretch or two. I cant say I have ever seen him put into practice any sort of tactical ideas such as defend/attack a set piece. The keepers do their own 'keeper practice' away from the others and then get put into a 15 minute 5-a-side, which to me looks like more of a mess around than actual tactical practice.

Granted I have not been down to see them train or even play footie myself in recent months due to work, so please forgive me if this has changed at all (which I doubt). What I am trying to say is barry encourages the lads, has respect, gets 100% out of those around him whilst giving 100% back. CB seems more interested in making players last 90 mins rather than get the best out the team tactically.

It's fair comment that nobody really knows what a player will be like as a coach or manager, as there are so many different attributes that contribute to success or failure in the role.

I would remind people that it was widely believed in footballing circles that Brewster would be an excellent manager.

It's fair comment that nobody really knows what a player will be like as a coach or manager, as there are so many different attributes that contribute to success or failure in the role.

I would remind people that it was widely believed in footballing circles that Brewster would be an excellent manager.

The operative word being was !

Judging by how fast the tide is turning against Brewster (aided by some baffling, self-destructive decisions in the last couple of weeks) perhaps a new man will be at the helm in time to offer Barry Wilson a new contract? Let's hope he holds his horses before signing for someone else (especially one of our relegation fight rivals).

Speaking of Bazza, I just read that Brewster is sacrificing youth for experience, and will be looking at bringing some experienced names in during the January transfer window........

clicky

Aye, I saw that, had a wee shake of the head, and thought "Just what is he thinking?!" Surely this shows just how clueless he is, with no plan at all. This isn't "management".

Re the P&J link, the man really does not have a blue's clue what he's doing. Looking for experienced players? We HAD experienced players before he started getting shot of them all.

I see from the article that he also had a "morale-boosting" meeting with the players this week. Heaven help us...