FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry Wilson (Merged)

Reliably_Informed

Some things tell me I may have a little idea who Gillian is.

Anyway. Being of a cynical nature I also believe Black will now no longer be willing to stay. And there may also be one or two others who will follow out the door. No doubt family reasons will play some part in the excuses but cast minds back to when Brew came back. Reports of split in the dressing room. Niculae being blamed.

I believe there were two halves within our team. One half being players who spoke out or who supported those who spoke out. Not sure about Rankin but I believe Wyness, Dargo, Black, Wilson and possibly Hastings and McBain were on the one side. I believe Black will be offered a contract he cannot accept and will go. Others will follow.

And if the board cant see whats happening then they dont deserve to have the responsibility for a football team in Inverness.

Although I think there was unrest when Niculae came I think that went out the window when they realised what type of a guy Marius was, I think at the time it was thought that Black had a major problem with the marius thing, perhaps he did to begin with but was obviously over as Blackie accompanied me to Marius's wedding in Romania and still keeps in touch with Marius. I also know that Marius had a great deal of respect for Barry

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is possibly the worst thing to come out of this shambolic year so far and I am genuinely gutted that Wilson will not be around... what is ICT without him? I know he went to Livi a few years back but then he returned and legendary status grew and grew. :rotflmao: to Wilson for everything you've done for us whether it be on of or the pitch you've always been a part of the fans!

Steve, I'm not saying Marius was to blame. What I'm saying is he was used as an excuse for unrest. I think nobody was willing to stand out and blame the man who came back.

No I realised that Alex, was just trying to point out that while he got the blame there was more to it than that, which I realised you were also pointing out

What if the wages saved by releasing Barry are being used to secure contract extensions for Blackie and Cowie? Would fans still be complaining?

considering Barry and Don are pals, that will not happen. There is no way Don (or Ian) will sign a contract while Brewster is still with ICT. In fact, the only way to keep those two (and a few others) at the club is to get rid of Brewster.

[There is no way Don (or Ian) will sign a contract while Brewster is still with ICT. In fact, the only way to keep those two (and a few others) at the club is to get rid of Brewster.

Wonder if TFC would be interested in either of them !!! Blackie would be loved by the TFC support .... to my eyes, he is the midfield equivalent of Danny Dichio only more skillful .... and Danny is God as far as sections of the support are concerned !!!

If we can't keep them in an ICT shirt while Mr Brewster is around I would be privileged and happy to watch them play for my other team !

i dont get to games anymore due to location, but i am disgusted by the way our club is being run into the ground by Brewster! first Wyness was treated extremely badly, now Wilson. Can Brewster not handle having these people about at the club? is it his own ego that is the fault ?

i dont get to games anymore due to location, but i am disgusted by the way our club is being run into the ground by Brewster! first Wyness was treated extremely badly, now Wilson. Can Brewster not handle having these people about at the club? is it his own ego that is the fault ?

I think you may have something there.

I don't think Brewster can handle players with.....paticular personalitys. Over the last year we've seen a bunch of terrific players leave the club or come very close. Rankin was the first, allegedly due to clash of personalitys. Brew said he was told go and then stay, that was very misleading.

Hart had questioned him a few years ago about tactics and was eventually shown the exit when Brew returned.

Denzil also fell out with him a few seasons back but Brew left before he could and then once he returned Denzil was amazing but as soon as he dipped in form through injury he was shown the door after orignally being garunteed a future.

Black was deemed to U 19s training after questioning Brew as well....and now most recently Bazza, a players player, someone who everyone associated with this club respects, is being punted out at a time when we most need an experienced player in the team. Brewster can't handle confrontation imo. Look at this list of players and just imagine if these guys were all at there best playing in the squad we currently have. We would be so much better.

Edited by ajsict92

I'm sad to see Barry leave, he's my all time favourite ICT player.

However, I don't buy this guff about "disgraceful way to treat a legend" etc. The club have honoured the various contracts they have given him, gave him a lucrative testimonial, and all in all he has done very well out of ICT - and it's been mutual.

I would also suggest that Barry has had an extra couple of seasons playing at this level as a direct result of Brewster sorting out his fitness.

Money is tight, tough decisions have to be made and unfortunately one of the highest wages at TCS is going to (rightly or wrongly) a fringe player with no long term playing future here, which makes little sense. There may be others like that of course, but their contracts are not currently up for renewal.

And as for the stuff about personality clashes, egos, threats etc - who gave Barry his latest contract extension?

Personally I think he's worth keeping til the end of the season, but that would only be postponing the inevitable and I can see why the decision is being made.

Guest Spectre

Alternatively:

- Rankin's performances were intermittent. He was only at his best when playing for a new contract.

- Hart had to go for other reasons and isn't a certain starter even in Div 1. Brew let him have a run out in the last home match which is hardly consistent with a falling out.

- Wyness could have earned a new contract by performances but, I think most agree, didn't.

- Black's disciplinary issues were a real problem for the club for at least 2 seasons (for CC too) and now seem to have been fixed. Perhaps because he's in the shop window but lets hope not.

As far Barry it's still rumour at this stage, but he has always credited Brew for extending his career by a couple of years. I'm not sure the best for him is another short contract at the club and I think it's time to give others (eg Zander) a chance.

At the end of the day the Manager's job is to manage and inevitably that means some players are going to be unhappy with the amount they are playing. We have a squad of 25+ so it's not actually possible for them all to start each week! There's usually two sides to a story but there does seem to be a tendency on here to assume that players (or whoever is leaking on their behalf) can never be at fault or exaggerated.

[Posted in response to AJS' post, hence the overlap with some points being made by Yngwie]

Edited by Spectre

It's not a rumour, direct quotes from him in today's papers.

Anyone know when all these stories go up online? I don't get a chance to see the Courier anymore

Courier Website usually updated by the end of day on Tuesdays and Fridays although they sometimes add stories in-between. Just checked, nothing up yet.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/

Really like Wilson, he has been a great player for us and personally I would wany to keep him until the end of the season at least. From his point of view at least he should get 1st team football now wherever he goes, as I don't think Brewster would play him much even if he was to stay.

If you are to go Barry - Best of luck for the future, you are a true ICT legend !!

Guest Spectre

Just got back from the Reserve fixture.

Barry played 90 minutes at right back and was comfortably our best player, a class apart really.

Obviously not the same intensity as SPL proper, but I take back what I said earlier, on that evidence he could still do a job for us.

I'm not sure the best for him is another short contract at the club and I think it's time to give others (eg Zander) a chance.

Well, Sutherland's not been given a chance so far. I would have thought if he was under serious consideration, then he would have got a game earlier in the season. Basically, we're losing someone who can turn a game and who has looked good when on. Unless we're getting in a replacement, then turning to someone that has only IIRC made one appearance this season, just isn't good enough.