FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who would you like as new caley manager?

cal234ey

New caley manager if brew left?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. If brewster left who would you like to see manage caley?

• John Robertson
    • Charlie Christie
    • Craig Brown
    • Steven Pressley
    • Jim Duffy
    • Steve Paterson
    • Derek Adams
    • Eric Black
    • Bobby Williamson
    • David Weir
    • John Collins
    • Ian McCall
    • Other (please leave a name)
    • Nobody brewster must stay (sorry wrong choice)

Why is the same question being asked everyday?? just in different words. On a seperate topic. It simply takes up space.

But for the sake of the poll i voted Craig Brown. Guided our country to the World Cup in 1998 and if he came i'm sure he would get the players respect instantly. Would also look at John Collins. What he did with Hibs in such a short space of time was very good.

Why do people want someone else to return? No offense to Robbo he was a great manager but we need to get somone new.

CaleyThistleOnline ...........

now officially the most boring fan site in the UK.

So many threads, and only one topic.

Yawn.

None so blind as those who will not see.

i voted john collins, but my second choice would be craig brown. bring in someone new...not someone who has been at the club already as that is just asking for pressure and lots of the same trouble we have already...look what happened with newcastle and keegan...bad idea.

Yawn.

Don't post here then. You weren't missed when you disappeared in the huff the last time so can you not do it again?

Yawn.

Don't post here then. You weren't missed when you disappeared in the huff the last time so can you not do it again?

:rotflmao:

I think that all the brewster threads should be deleted or merged and have one called the brewster bashing thread. Get him out now!

I voted robbo as there was no one else on the list i took fancy too but i wouldnt want to see a favourite come back and struggle. I have fond memories of what he's done and i dont want them tarnished.

No idea at all, so I didn't vote. I don't think John Collins would be the right choice just now, though - although he has very clear ideas about tactics, nutrition and training, he's also apparently very aloof from the players and a real disciplinarian. Given the lack of team spirit and morale about the place already, I think that approach would make matters worse, unless he had a significant budget to bring in his own players. We need someone who can encourage the players we have now and give them a bit of confidence back. Experience and a name that might attract players would also be preferable at the moment - I don't we want to throw in another rookie manager half way through the season when we're almost bottom, even if it has worked before. Hate to admit it, but after resisting the idea strongly when it's been suggested before, I'm starting to think that Craig Brown might not be such a bad idea. I worry, though, that he hasn't managed at this level in Scotland for a long time.

If it comes to it, I wonder if Charlie could be persuaded to take the job on in a caretaker role until the end of the season, and see what happens after that? The players know him and we played some nice football under him - but probably it's the wrong time for him to come back just now, if he found the pressure difficult to cope with last time.

Will forum users please stop hurtling personal abuse. Wynesslegend is as entitled to his opinions, on this site, as anyone else and to be honest I agree with him. I could dig up a dozen recent threads with exactly the same theme and it does get boring.

TBH I am in agreement with you there are too many threads like this one especially since Brewster still has his job but where is the personal abuse? My post was intended to point out that his point of view is in the minority and that I think his loyalty towards Brewster is blind. Jay_7 makes a valid point that Wynesslegend is welcome to stop posting his views and to not read any threads which he feels that may not like and ICTodd is applauding that view. No name calling just observations.

Incidentaly there are many threads in which Wynesslegend has resorted to personal attacks, I could dig out a few if I could be ersed. Easier for you to look in the moderators' report forum.

John Robertson???????????

Employing someone who used to manage us is NOT taking the club forward. I like Robbo he was a good manager and a nice guy but he's had his time at this club. I never wanted Brewster back despite him doing a decent job the first time round. Sorry Robbo but its the same for you as well!

We need a new fresh face, someone who doesn't know the club inside out who can come in and make their own decisions and not be afraid to drop established players. We need new ideas and a different approach rather than just the hoof forward. Going back to the old days is not the answer. We've tried that, it doesn't work. Whoever said CC, again a really nice guy but come on lets move the club on

Seems the only excuse people have for not choosing Robbo is the fact he's been at the club before. As I said elsewhere, whilst his previous time here should not make him a shoe-in for being offered the job, I also don't think it should be the case that it automatically excludes him.

Granted, if his time here previously had been a total flop, or he'd gone on to be a flop in subsequent posts then I could understand it....but that's not the case.

If/When it comes time to appoint a new manager I would like ALL options to be fully explored and the best person appointed. I don't imagine we'll be overrun with experienced candidates so it seems a bit stupid that people want to be excluding options so flippantly, and doing so on the simple basis that they've been here before.