FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Elvis

Naelifts

Why the end of the season? You were wrong with your last prediction :rotflmao:

He/She was right about the move, just got the club wrong (although to their credit Rangers were also sniffing around at the time).

With regards DP, if I was him I wouldn't be jumping ship to go to a club in serious risk of relegation when I was in a perfectly good job at the moment.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on good authority that if Robbo was re-appointed then we would likely see the return of Park to work alongside him at the end of the season.

That would be the best possible appointment as far as I'm concerned... but why the end of the season before the re-appointment of Donald?

Robbo hasn't been on the site for a few days now....

Has he been gagged?

The hurdle, as stated by others, is the fact that the club don't appear to be at all interested in appointing Robbo. But if this is true, and they are ignoring it, then they (the club) are more foolish than I thought.

He wouldnt cost anything, so why not, I agree with a previous post from Scotty give him to the end of the season, in fact I would take it a step further there a some managers on month to month contracts why not try that until the end of the season and if not ok it hasnt worked out and if it does a carrot of a longer contract at the end of the season

I have it on good authority that if Robbo was re-appointed then we would likely see the return of Park to work alongside him at the end of the season.

That would be the best possible appointment as far as I'm concerned... but why the end of the season before the re-appointment of Donald?

Has he been gagged?

I would hope he has seen the error of his ways. To me it was completely out of order coming on this site when the manager was under pressure. In my opinion both Robbo and Brewster both achieved with Pele's squad and both were found wanting without them.

Has he been gagged?

I would hope he has seen the error of his ways. To me it was completely out of order coming on this site when the manager was under pressure. In my opinion both Robbo and Brewster both achieved with Pele's squad and both were found wanting without them.

Even if you agree or disagree with Strathman as to Robbo coming on here was a good idea, I would be very surprised if he was gagged and if he was by who??

Has he been gagged?

Even if you agree or disagree with Strathman as to Robbo coming on here was a good idea, I would be very surprised if he was gagged and if he was by who??

So why has he suddenly gone very quiet?

As stated by the man himself he came on here to answer questions about his tenure as Manager of ICT and others because he was being portrayed as incompetent in the area of fitness training and other inaccuracies. He answered the questions. And left.

I'd love to see Stephen partner Granty in central defence, Granty could learn so much from him over the course of a couple of years. Confidence in the defence would ruboff in the midfield and striking.

Johnboy I think Robbo made it clear that he came on to clear up some facts about his training methods at the club. Perhaps if we are lucky enough to have people like Robbo come on the site and we try to push them to far it may not happen again.

Sorry 5th Stand you beat me to it

Edited by stevico1

Yup, beat me to it as well. think 5th Stand summed up my understanding of it too .....

statements were being made about him and questions were being asked so he came on, refuted the statements, answered the questions and left. Some tried to draw him further into the debate about Brew, and perhaps he answered a few questions he should not have done, but I think he always tried to be respectful in his answers.

He is of course welcome back whenever he likes, whether he is manager, football pundit, or normal member of the public !

Yup, beat me to it as well. think 5th Stand summed up my understanding of it too .....

statements were being made about him and questions were being asked so he came on, refuted the statements, answered the questions and left. Some tried to draw him further into the debate about Brew, and perhaps he answered a few questions he should not have done, but I think he always tried to be respectful in his answers.

He is of course welcome back whenever he likes, whether he is manager, football pundit, or normal member of the public !

I'm not trying to push him... I really enjoyed and appreciated his contribution...

I hope we will hear more from him... whenever...

In all fairness i did tout Elvis in the summer and Brew did nothing. With his apparent wish to stay in Scotland i'd even have thought we'd have beaten Randers to his signature. Sadly we did nothing. Not a jot. And we have been leaking goals left right and centre. Good to see the manager finally making positive moves on that front. Hopefully we can look at experience at the other end too.

He may not be the ideal solution. He is getting on, slow to turn and so forth. Im sure we'd all love to have someone 5 years younger. But thats not going to happen

However he does lead the line superbly. Has no issues putting his head where it hurts. Has more experience than anyone at ICT in any capacity. Including Brewster. He works for Scotland also. Look at how both Webster and Berra benifited from working with him. I think of Duff and think this could work out well for both club and player.

Others on page 1 asked why not offer Wilson this part time coaching job that Elvis may be tempted by. Simple fact is Wilson wanted to play. He wants to get that last bit of playing out. Thats his priority. He wasnt playing here. Sure he could have coached but he wanted 1st team football as well which he wasnt going to get.

Pressley will more than likely play every week.

Although he probably aint fit enough in Brews eyes so we wont see him till April.

All considered i think it's a good move. But it doesnt mean i want Brewster to stay as i still dont think he has what it takes.

And it will take alot to change this viewpoint.

Hopefully he sees the positives.

He may get a coaching role which should suit him more than one in England or Switzerland because it'll involve less travelling, he could also stay in his current house which I assume is in the Central Belt.

And it could possibly be the end of the national youth squad overlooking our promising youngsters e.g. Zander, Vigurs, Duff.

Brewster in the P&J

I have spoken to Steven Pressley and he has alternatives on the continent, we will just have to wait and see. He would be coming to us as a player only, rather than a coach, and we will find out what he wants to do this week. Any deal would be until the end of the season.

The offer of a coaching role would surely be thing to tempt Pressley to choose us ahead of the Swiss team.

Aren't we crying out for a coach to come in and organise our defence?

Once again, Brewster is showing his fear of strong personalities. It cost as Park and Barry, and it may now cost us the signing an experienced defender.

The offer of a coaching role would surely be thing to tempt Pressley to choose us ahead of the Swiss team.

Once again, Brewster is showing his fear of strong personalities. It cost as Park and Barry, and it may now cost us the signing an experienced defender.

Why on Earth would we need a coach? Brewster coaches the players on how to run around a lot and football will take care of itself on the day.

Where's that tongue in cheek smiley?...

Brewster in the P&J

I have spoken to Steven Pressley and he has alternatives on the continent, we will just have to wait and see. He would be coming to us as a player only, rather than a coach, and we will find out what he wants to do this week. Any deal would be until the end of the season.

It has, and is set to continue to, cost us a lot more than those you mention.

Just a kind of 'calculated' guess, but has anyone else thought that SP is waiting the 10 days stated to see if brewster is still at the helm come Hamilton?

My theory is he will not sign for us with brewster in charge, but will sign for us should he be offered a player/manager role - similar to when brewster first came to us.

this to me raises a wee concern that should this actually happen, SP will eventually hang up his boots and we are again left with someone who may not cut it away from playing.

I seriously hope my theory is wrong, as we certianly need someone solid at the back with the experience to go with it. If he keeps to his words of playing for nothing and wanting to remain in scotland, then we have a chance.

We all know that money talks though, dont we?

I'm not too sure Pressley would be so anti-Brew. But given his desire to further his 'football education' (his words), I suspect he's looking to get more in to the coaching side. Can't see he's going to be overly educated in defensive duties at the age of 35 when he's dropping down from the likes of Rangers, Celtic and Hearts.

I agree with that, Steve Paterson assembled a fantastic squad of talented, hard working footballers who almost anybody could have inherited and achieved success with. Robertson also signed some good players in his stint. But the squad has started to wither away, and the buck stops with the manager.

Alan Morgan, Dennis Wyness, Richie Hart and Barry Wilson were all talented, hard working players (like most pele signings) who did an excellent job for ICT but were foolishly jettisoned leaving a void that hasn't been filled.

I agree with that, Steve Paterson assembled a fantastic squad of talented, hard working footballers who almost anybody could have inherited and achieved success with. Robertson also signed some good players in his stint. But the squad has started to wither away, and the buck stops with the manager.

Alan Morgan, Dennis Wyness, Richie Hart and Barry Wilson were all talented, hard working players (like most pele signings) who did an excellent job for ICT but were foolishly jettisoned leaving a void that hasn't been filled.

I totally agree there, in the year that Brewster has been here he has cleared out the mainstays mentioned above and never sufficently replaced them, tbh i'd add Bayne and Rankin to that category as well. Thats why our current squad looks so rubbish overall.

Edited by ajsict92

I thought we would have heard a definate answer from him by now, but reading the newspaper today he has said he will know by the end of next week.

I am just begining to wonder if he is waiting to see how ICT fair in these next 2 crucial games and what fate it may bring to CB. The more I think on it, the more I think he wants more of a player/manager role than just simply playing until the end of the season.