FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Elvis

Naelifts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I heard via Grasser Bennett that if we lose our next 2 games(Gers, Partick) that Brew will resign and Pressley will take charge. This was a quote on Hogmanay so will be interesting to see how things develop. I hope we don't lose to Partick but at least get a draw but that would be enough I reckon. The pressure on Brew would be to great I think.

His nick name is Grassa.

1. Had you been drinking heavily?

2. Had you both been drinking heavily?

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I heard via Grasser Bennett that if we lose our next 2 games(Gers, Partick) that Brew will resign and Pressley will take charge. This was a quote on Hogmanay so will be interesting to see how things develop. I hope we don't lose to Partick but at least get a draw but that would be enough I reckon. The pressure on Brew would be to great I think.

His nick name is Grassa.

with a good drink in them people will say anything :rotflmao:

Edited by blackieforce

His nick name is Grassa.

:thumb04: :018: ;) 1) Yes 2) Yes and apologies for spelling his nickname wrong. Perhaps I need some English lessons :lol:

It was Hogmanay after all and was quoted to my pal. I am merely passing it on as I heard it. Any further questions?? :rotflmao:

Nah..

Elvis would indeed be a good move, Elvis as player/assistant to Robbo would also be good.

Brew will play Pressley in left midfield as he feels proctor is the more natural central defender of the two.

People are heading in to very dangerous territory with claims of what someone may or may not have said whilst drunk or otherwise.

The thread is under review by the moderation staff, in the meantime I would remind you that it is the individual poster who is responsible for what they say and not the site or those who operate it. So if saying anything then I hope you are certain of your facts and, if need be, you can prove them.

People are heading in to very dangerous territory with claims of what someone may or may not have said whilst drunk or otherwise.

The thread is under review by the moderation staff, in the meantime I would remind you that it is the individual poster who is responsible for what they say and not the site or those who operate it. So if saying anything then I hope you are certain of your facts and, if need be, you can prove them.

All this is hearsay. I'll leave it that.

:rotflmao: Has nobody clicked that the signing of Elvis would be a "Tulloch" signing - it would allow them to pay off Brew and have a cheap manager in the offing - It would mean that Robbo from the "Orion" corner could be forgotten.

The feckin transfer window is open - the only good that Elvis could do is loans from Cellic.

Has to be Robertson with Pressley as player/coach.

He would be ideal to bring in alongside Munro and would bring some stability to defense.

Brings back the dominating Mann/Dods centre half we have missed.

Also now need to seek out a centre forward with some experince and a midfielder now short even if Black stays to end of season and do not want to be left in lurch towards end of window if Cowie moves.

The quicker Brew moves on the quicker the team can get settled into new regime.

Would be good to have in place prior to Rangers game so they are better prepared for Thistle.

Need a good cup run this year to bolster coffers!!

:rotflmao: Has nobody clicked that the signing of Elvis would be a "Tulloch" signing - it would allow them to pay off Brew and have a cheap manager in the offing - It would mean that Robbo from the "Orion" corner could be forgotten.

The feckin transfer window is open - the only good that Elvis could do is loans from Cellic.

Keep up :thumb04:

I share that very same fear PiG, this stinks of some playmaking on the part of the Board to try and get themselves out of this mess without having to invest in someone with at least some experience in management.

I can see it now, Pressley comes in and calms the "we need a sold centre back" shouts of the fans, we get humped on Sunday and Brewster is sacked/walks and he (Pressley) gets the caretakers job till the end of the season with Shearer by his side, or even a role reversal....at which point his deal is extended if we survive and cut short if we don't.

The excuse for not looking elsewhere for a manager will be that we spent available funds in the Transfer Window and simply can't afford to pay compensation to bring an experienced manager in.

And all the while John Robertson, who is available immediately and who we wouldn't have to pay compensation for is overlooked.

The Board are playing a very dangerous game in order to try and save face and cover their erses, and worst of all, they think we're stupid enough so as not to see right through it.

On BBC Radio Scotland's footloose it is clear Pressley is not playing on Sunday and the statement on the BBC website appears to be relatively up to date. Charlie Bannerman was on live with a very balanced presentation as indeed was David Sutherland about next weeks meeting again with a fair presentation.

For those wanting to hear Pressley's recent take on where he might go the link is here. His overall presentation demonstrates how valuable he could be in stabilising the ship. The danger might be that Switzerland offers a better balance to satisfy his needs. Our in-fighting might go against us unless Brew was to walk after Sunday and Pressley was then appointed to haul things around.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7803534.stm

Just can't help thinking there's more to this than meets the eye. If he was offered a contract on Hogmanay, it surely wouldn't take another 10 days to make up his mind would it?

I suppose that depends on how many offer he has had Pele

Anyone else feel this may be the board thinking this may be their "get out of jail free card"??

Edited by stevico1

As I said already, I do think this is the club manoeuvring to bring in another cheap/easy option for manager.

The last thing we need at the moment is rookie/untested manager who doesn't know the squad and as much as I think Pressley could help plug our defensive deficiencies it worries me no end that the club could be lining him up for the managers job if/when we get gubbed on Sunday.

I just think he would of jumped at the oppurtunity to play in the SPL again.... Caley D if Pressley/Robbo were in charge this time next week I for one would be delighted.

Pele, yes that would be a nice thought but it aint gong to happen as reported, a certain shareholder at the club doesnt want Robbo back and as that shareholder, not the Chairman or DOF holds all the power at the club it will not happen.

I wouldn't be too upset with Robbo and Pressley as his assistant.

The other wee niggly thing that's adding weight to my suspicion over the Pressley thing is that a certain person involved with appointing playing/coaching staff at ICT has a leaning towards Celtic and I've heard talk in the past that he's always wanted a "Celtic Man" at the helm. Again, this is just speculation....but I've got a really uneasy feeling about it all.

The hurdle, as stated by others, is the fact that the club don't appear to be at all interested in appointing Robbo. But if this is true, and they are ignoring it, then they (the club) are more foolish than I thought.