FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Missing Supporters

Guest neksor

I haven't criticised anyone for not travelling , if you read what I've posted I've stated their reasons for not attending are lame . What makes you think I've a bit of growing up to do oh wise one ?

By definition, stating that RiGs reason for not travelling is lame, you are therefore criticising him. Quite how you think you're not criticising is a bit of a mystery... :rotflmao:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't criticised anyone for not travelling , if you read what I've posted I've stated their reasons for not attending are lame . What makes you think I've a bit of growing up to do oh wise one ?

It is not helping our cause when you make comments that could alienate fans who travel long distances and spend a lot of money in doing so.

We all need to be united if we are to get the ICT back as a force again.

Dalneigh it appears to me that you are picking arguement for arguements sake. For a period yesterday there were no trains, planes or buses in and out of Aberdeen. The roads were deemed too dangerous, hence the reason the game in Aberdeen was called off.

The roads authorities were not confident of keeping roads open. The police were advising people not to travel. All the warnings were for icy conditions, especially in the evening. It is far from being a 'lame excuse' to choose not to travel in such dangerous conditions.

Throughout this thread you have targeted those who travel many miles to support their team but have failed to ask why those living within walking distance of the stadium failed to turn up so is it any wonder we become a little irate?

look, many killie fans made a long trip up in difficult and uncertain conditions. i can understand some folk from aberdeen and other areas not making the trip especially if reliant on public transport but the real issue is we live in a decent size city where getting down to the tcs really isn't that hard and so something else other than just the weather is to blame .

would the attendance still have been pish had we been playing rangers, i doubt it somehow. we have a hardcore support of a couple of thousand, the rest are fair weather fans, no pun intended.

At least there was a better attendance than at the last round. There was less than 20,000 at Celtic Park yesterday. Take 1000 off for QP fans thats 19,000. That is 36,000 missing season ticket holders! Makes our 1500 or so look like nothing doesnt it? We have been getting small crowds for years so to be honest (and no offence), the thread is pointless. I rember traveling from Glasgow for League Cup game against Dumbarton the year we won Div 1 and there was around 650 people at the game.

Dalneigh it appears to me that you are picking arguement for arguements sake. For a period yesterday there were no trains, planes or buses in and out of Aberdeen. The roads were deemed too dangerous, hence the reason the game in Aberdeen was called off.

The roads authorities were not confident of keeping roads open. The police were advising people not to travel. All the warnings were for icy conditions, especially in the evening. It is far from being a 'lame excuse' to choose not to travel in such dangerous conditions.

Throughout this thread you have targeted those who travel many miles to support their team but have failed to ask why those living within walking distance of the stadium failed to turn up so is it any wonder we become a little irate?

My train from Edinburgh was cancelled as well, and i wast about to wait for another...

maybe Dalneigh should move to Aberdeen or Edinburgh and try travelling to games every week.

Methink he may miss the odd one or two.

But i agree totally with Mrs PB- its the locals supporters who need to answer this thread not the travelling support

I was merely trying to point out that the Killie fans managed to travel a far greater distance in numbers but our fans couldn't . Nothing too difficult to understand .

so i assume you go to all the games. i look forward to seeing you the next time we play st mirren or hamilton away on a wet tuesday night. i go to nearly every game but i fully understand those who risk asessed the situation and decided not to travel.

A wee challenge for you Dalneigh. I will meet you outside every home and away game for the next year and we vwill see if you are all talk or not. I will put ?250 on with you that you miss some.

Are you all gob or are you up to the challenge?

I thought there were more than that in the ground. Killie had a decent support. I do accept the weather situation for a lot of people, but I think there would have been a lot more there if had been a league game covered by your season ticket. Having to shell out for a cup game doesn't always appeal. We have also lost a lot of the occasional fans over the last few weeks/months where the games weren't exactly entertaining. I'm sure we'll see a rise in the crowds if our cup run carries on to the semi final. Hopefully we'll start to see bigger crowds for league games too if the performances keep up.

And when that does happen the same people will be on trying to pick an argument that everyone who turned up was a glory hunter.

dont think the weather played that big a part. plenty killie fans made it up

There was a lot of them in my local before the game . The weather putting people off travelling is a very lame excuse .

Its all very easy for you to say when you dont have far to travel ! :rotflmao:

dont think the weather played that big a part. plenty killie fans made it up

There was a lot of them in my local before the game . The weather putting people off travelling is a very lame excuse .

Its all very easy for you to say when you dont have far to travel ! :rotflmao:

We will see if Dalneigh responds to my travel challenge!

I was merely trying to point out that the Killie fans managed to travel a far greater distance in numbers but our fans couldn't . Nothing too difficult to understand .

so i assume you go to all the games. i look forward to seeing you the next time we play st mirren or hamilton away on a wet tuesday night. i go to nearly every game but i fully understand those who risk asessed the situation and decided not to travel.

A wee challenge for you Dalneigh. I will meet you outside every home and away game for the next year and we vwill see if you are all talk or not. I will put ?250 on with you that you miss some.

Your real keen to get rid of that ?250. I'll meet you in Dundee and show you a pub or two to spend it in. :rotflmao:

Me, my father and the 7 kids we take all missed the game yesterday and it had nothing to do with the weather, was due to the fact my daughter was having her first birthday party!

Dalneigh will no doubt think that is a lame excuse. Hope you had a lovely time.

Me, my father and the 7 kids we take all missed the game yesterday and it had nothing to do with the weather, was due to the fact my daughter was having her first birthday party!

Pathetic...

You could have brought her along - what a perfect first birthday present... :rotflmao:

Your real keen to get rid of that ?250. I'll meet you in Dundee and show you a pub or two to spend it in. :rotflmao:

sounds like an idea. the club didnt take up the wee challenge yesterday that would have seen us both ?250 lighter,