FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Terry Butcher Appreciation Thread

davieB

Rock bottom when the big man came here and staring relegation in the face.

Now we're off the bottom, and the next few games could really see us open a significant gap over Falkirk....plus a semi final as well!! Yep, I know I'm counting chickens, but the difference since Tel took over is like night and day. I've never been so depressed watching ICT as that miserable day ay Hamilton, but now I can't wait for the games to come round.

His interviews, his touch line manner, his humour....everything really comes across as really encouraging to the fans, and obviously the players. And the team and fans have really responded to him.

Whatever happens....the guy is already nearing legendary status.

Cheers Tel :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Rock bottom when the big man came here and staring relegation in the face.

Now we're off the bottom, and the next few games could really see us open a significant gap over Falkirk....plus a semi final as well!! Yep, I know I'm counting chickens, but the difference since Tel took over is like night and day. I've never been so depressed watching ICT as that miserable day ay Hamilton, but now I can't wait for the games to come round.

His interviews, his touch line manner, his humour....everything really comes across as really encouraging to the fans, and obviously the players. And the team and fans have really responded to him.

Whatever happens....the guy is already nearing legendary status.

Cheers Tel :D :thumb04: :018:

Yeah... I was at Hamilton... The only good thing to come out of that was the demise of CB....

Talk about highs and lows...

;) :lol::rotflmao: :015:

Aye Tels certainly got the momentum back , what a turn around in only a matter of weeks !

Its brilliant to see so much positivity & to look forward to going to games

I am so chuffed tonight ;) :lol: :015:

WELL DONE TERRY MAURICE & THE BOYS :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

I cant be ersed finding my previous comments, but I mentioned way back in the dark days that although Robbo would have been my first choice I would also be happy with Terry because of what he achieved at Motherwell in even more difficult circumstances than ours (administration) and how he interacted with people.

Terry (and Maurice) have not let any of us down. The belief is back, the pride is back (on and off the pitch) and he is like a breath of fresh Highland air. His media skills are there for all to see and listening to his comments are enjoyable whether we win, draw or even lose. His comments are honest - praise where its due or saying it wasnt good enough when it wasnt ... none of this world class goal bull**** or the likes. It was scary a few weeks back, I was losing the will to listen to games or to read threads on here (and judging by our page-views so were quite a few others !) ..... but thats on an upward swing again just like the team.

Terry .... From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for rescuing us from the depths of despair and for making us (players and fans alike) believe again. We might not qualify for Europe just yet, but I am more confident every week that you can save us from the drop.

his comments are enjoyable whether we win, draw or even lose. His comments are honest - praise where its due or saying it wasnt good enough when it wasnt

I posted on here that I liked the way he conducted himself when he was 'well manager and he's still got it.

Aye Sir Terry - I reckon that red wine may well be coming your way!

I cant be ersed finding my previous comments, but I mentioned way back in the dark days that although Robbo would have been my first choice I would also be happy with Terry because of what he achieved at Motherwell in even more difficult circumstances than ours (administration) and how he interacted with people.

Terry (and Maurice) have not let any of us down. The belief is back, the pride is back (on and off the pitch) and he is like a breath of fresh Highland air. His media skills are there for all to see and listening to his comments are enjoyable whether we win, draw or even lose. His comments are honest - praise where its due or saying it wasnt good enough when it wasnt ... none of this world class goal bull**** or the likes. It was scary a few weeks back, I was losing the will to listen to games or to read threads on here (and judging by our page-views so were quite a few others !) ..... but thats on an upward swing again just like the team.

Terry .... From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for rescuing us from the depths of despair and for making us (players and fans alike) believe again. We might not qualify for Europe just yet, but I am more confident every week that you can save us from the drop.

:018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Scotty, I agree 1000% with every one of your points.

Let's catch St Midden now.

Had my doubts but delighted to be proved wrong (so far)... I am still not yet buying into the hype but after losing against Motherwell we needed to show some resolve and the team have done exactly that.

Our problem has never been getting points against the old firm though but beating the teams round about us, if we can manage to do that and improve our home form then we'll be on to a winner

Had my doubts but delighted to be proved wrong (so far)... I am still not yet buying into the hype but after losing against Motherwell we needed to show some resolve and the team have done exactly that.

Our problem has never been getting points against the old firm though but beating the teams round about us, if we can manage to do that and improve our home form then we'll be on to a winner

Harry, I take on board that we should not get carried away but we only lost to Motherwell due to two, very out of character, mistakes by two very experienced players.

I feel we were unlucky to lose that game but I suppose luck has a way of coming back round as we found out last night!

We must already be improving our home record, not difficultv that's for sure, and our goals against appears to be at last showing some improvement - so our defence is better. We need some goals - who cares who scores them - but they are badly needed - then we can all buy into the Hype!

Guest birdog

Aye we should have held on to Brewster, eh Harry? Get a fecking grip you were well and truly wrong in December and feck all has changed recently.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Terry and MM have done great since they came in but we all have to remeber the season is not over yet. they still have alot of games coming up and everyone of them means something. i was talking to gringo_jnr on the way home last night and said we've got the points of big clubs e.g. celtic, utd, hibs and now rangers but what if we struggle agianst the the teams lower down then what?? we should have got something against motherwell.

but still got to give terry and MM there due. they have come in and worked wonders

KEEP US UP!!!!!! lol