FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Playmaker

Snaarf

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont forget Gillespie, someone with the talent to play anywhere across the midfield

Alex did you see dale play in the 3rd division, i did quite a lot, for me he looked like he possibly found his level there as he wasn't that great. being there on loan from a SPL club he should have coasted that level as did zander and vigurs(at age 15) but Dale didn't. he isn't going to cut it any higher i'm sorry to say, so it's just wishful thinking to think he is a going to do a job for us in midfield. we won't be coming back up if that is the quality of player we will be playing.

Hardly a good example considering the diabolical season Elgin have had.

i agree how diabolical their season was but you would think that would make him stand out more against poorer players, however, that didn't happen. anyway we'll see.

Dont forget Gillespie, someone with the talent to play anywhere across the midfield

Alex did you see dale play in the 3rd division, i did quite a lot, for me he looked like he possibly found his level there as he wasn't that great. being there on loan from a SPL club he should have coasted that level as did zander and vigurs(at age 15) but Dale didn't. he isn't going to cut it any higher i'm sorry to say, so it's just wishful thinking to think he is a going to do a job for us in midfield. we won't be coming back up if that is the quality of player we will be playing.

Hardly a good example considering the diabolical season Elgin have had.

i agree how diabolical their season was but you would think that would make him stand out more against poorer players, however, that didn't happen. anyway we'll see.

One player cannot make a team. Dale wasn't playing against poorer players. He was playing with them. Sadly, I believe, rotten apple syndrome.

CaleyP I feel sorry for you taking in Elgin on a regular basis, surely you can find something better to do with your time.

I took the time to go through to Elgin and caught a game with Dale Gillespie and Andy McNulty taking part. For Dale to have made an impression was pretty ny impossible, the majority of the Elgin players were truly awful and didn't even possess the the most basic footballing skills and quite frankly didn't care one little bit. I am led to believe half the squad were based in the central belt and didn't train at all and the north based players didn't exactly commit themselves either with on one occasion only three first team players showing up and that three included Dale and Andy.

Liam Keogh had the right idea, persuaded to pull on his boots again and signing at the same time as Dale in January he walked away after two games having realised just how bad the Elgin squad was, the ICT players didn't have that luxury and had to stick it out.

Thankfully with the ICT squad being pared down to the bare minimum will mean non of our youngsters will have to endure a loan spell at Elgin, a complete waste of time. Another season like that and they will go back into the Highland league or fold completely.

CaleyP I feel sorry for you taking in Elgin on a regular basis, surely you can find something better to do with your time.

I took the time to go through to Elgin and caught a game with Dale Gillespie and Andy McNulty taking part. For Dale to have made an impression was pretty ny impossible, the majority of the Elgin players were truly awful and didn't even possess the the most basic footballing skills and quite frankly didn't care one little bit. I am led to believe half the squad were based in the central belt and didn't train at all and the north based players didn't exactly commit themselves either with on one occasion only three first team players showing up and that three included Dale and Andy.

Liam Keogh had the right idea, persuaded to pull on his boots again and signing at the same time as Dale in January he walked away after two games having realised just how bad the Elgin squad was, the ICT players didn't have that luxury and had to stick it out.

Thankfully with the ICT squad being pared down to the bare minimum will mean non of our youngsters will have to endure a loan spell at Elgin, a complete waste of time. Another season like that and they will go back into the Highland league or fold completely.

Put better then I could. Elgin were crap and their players were even worse.

haha well your probably right.

I know what your saying but i still maintain that a good player will shine where ever he is, such as touch and passing will stand out, however, Dales touch and passing was just as bad as the rest of the teams. you can still spot quality if the player posseses it no matter who he is playing for and with.

I know what your saying but i still maintain that a good player will shine where ever he is, such as touch and passing will stand out, however, Dales touch and passing was just as bad as the rest of the teams. you can still spot quality if the player posseses it no matter who he is playing for and with.

CaleyP, I'd love you to be right. Iain has the skill to be a success, but only on one side of the pitch. Dale has the good fortune of being two footed. If he's coached right he will be as good, if not better.

CaleyP, I'd love you to be right. Iain has the skill to be a success, but only on one side of the pitch. Dale has the good fortune of being two footed. If he's coached right he will be as good, if not better.

Alex i'd love for Dale to be a success but he isn't in the same league as iain, even dale would admit that, trust me he would.

Edited by CaleyP

Dale's also two years younger so is playing catch up

dale is only one year younger alex.

Ok son. I'm not here to destroy your impressions on Iain..........just to put my view across.

I know alex it's just banter, it's just i played football myself in the sfl and i know how good vigurs is and also how good dale is, i played against iain and i can tell you he is one of the best midfielders i have ever played against. dale just doesn't come close.

Don't think it'll matter much who's in midfield next term. It's obvious we are heading for ultra hoofball next season. You have been warned :ohmy:

Oh Jesus, if I have to watch any more of that punting nonsense at the the Tulloch Fun House, I'm going to get very angry.

I enjoyed Scotty's last post on this thread.

Common sense and a level-headed approach are really refreshing these days.

Otherwise mostly speculation all round on here . And one is still too upset to go for too much of that. I am going into hibernation for three weeks to wake up refreshed and hopefully to find that my memory of last season has either gone completely or at least waned enough to be able to function.

Shoot!!!!!! :ohmy:

How about Juanjo as a playmaker? I know for a fact he wants to come back to ICT... SPL or SFL.

Has he gone back to spain? or still living in scotland? anyone know

Spain, but he's really keen to come back to scotland.

How about Juanjo as a playmaker? I know for a fact he wants to come back to ICT... SPL or SFL.

No wonder he's keen to come back , he's 32 and playing regional football in Spain !!! Is this how far we've fallen ?

He should have just stayed in scotland and tryed other clubs