FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Losing faith in Butcher

Westhillman

Butcher has been a failure in about all of his past management jobs and he's not impressing me in the slightest here . I refuse to blindly support anyone and will voice my opinion as I see fit .

:025: :025: :025:

I dont beleve hes done a good job. A good job would have been fighting relegation bravely. And people will say he did that. but no. If we picked up a few points but still got relegated then at least we tried.

BUT

We were off the bottom and looking good to stay up. Butchers tactics got us relegated and thats the end of it. He hasnt impressed me enough but as DC said, i will also give him to christmas. If we are not in a good position, he can GTF!

I agree, but give him 6weeks. If we wait to christmas, it'll be a rush to get a replacement for the second half of the season.

I can't help but feel people are blinded by the legend that was and is terry butcher the PLAYER, when are people gonna realise that's what your supporting. butcher was a legend football PLAYER but as a manager unfortunately for him and us he just doesn't cut it. He hasn't cut it as a manager since the day he started managing. The people who need to get realistic are the ones who think suddenly butcher is going to turn into this great manager, well miracles are rare so i doubt that will be happening. Proof is in the stats and stats are facts, his stats are awful for a reason....because he is a bad manager.

I find it funny that people that ignore and deny the stats and facts call us crazy for following them and clearly seeing butcher is no good. it's laughable.

Bring back Robbo.

Edited by CaleyP

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What happened to the chorus of "I BELIEVE" when we were playing for our lives in the last games of the SP(hel)L.

I for one still believe and will do so for the foreseeable future..

I BELIEVE what happened was we were relegated and our belief systems were shot to feck. What is it you still BELIEVE in? The fact we can remain in the SPL? because like I say, we were relegated. You need to start believing something else now.

Butcher isn't going anywhere. We are just out of August. You can hump and haw all you like, but the board wont act til end of the season, if they even have to at all.

I wouldnt be surprised if some of the players have a right good laugh at some of the fans for their fickleness and moaning

Im not having a dig at anyone, just saying that a lot of people here would go through a manager every 5 games if they could.

Totally agree with Kirishima. People like CaleyP need to get a grip of themselves, why not get behind Butcher, rather than wait until we lose our first game of the season, then start slating him.

This time last week we were unbeaten. We are still in all the cup competitions possible, and in a respectable position in a very competitive league.

I believe we'll be in the top 3, at least, come the end of May.

Before the C*unty game no one was talking of getting rid of Butcher, one game though and everything changes all of a sudden..?

It's not Butcher I would blame though, it's the players. The performance was dire, completely feckin heartless, and that is unacceptable.

Also those calling for Robbo back.. :025: As much as I would have liked ot have seen him appointed manager back in January, you're p!ss!ng in the wind, it's never gonna happen. Why not get behind the manager and team ffs?!

What happened to the chorus of "I BELIEVE" when we were playing for our lives in the last games of the SP(hel)L.

I BELIEVE what happened was we were relegated and our belief systems were shot to feck. What is it you still BELIEVE in? The fact we can remain in the SPL? because like I say, we were relegated. You need to start believing something else now.

I BELIEVE that we can go back up, Sorry Birdog, but i dont need to believe in somthing else right now.

I BELIEVE that we can go back up, Sorry Birdog, but i dont need to believe in somthing else right now.

No need to apologise, I was commenting on the fact that the chorus of I believe during the last games in the SPL surely became redundant when we were relegated. No need to believe in anything else since you have obviously changed your belief from we will stay to we can return, hope you have better luck with this one but I believe we are going to be a first division side for at least one more season after this one. As long as Butcher can get the team fighting for every point and giving their all on the park that will be good enough for me.

Totally agree with Kirishima. People like CaleyP need to get a grip of themselves, why not get behind Butcher, rather than wait until we lose our first game of the season, then start slating him.

This time last week we were unbeaten. We are still in all the cup competitions possible, and in a respectable position in a very competitive league.

Before the C*unty game no one was talking of getting rid of Butcher, one game though and everything changes all of a sudden..?

It's not Butcher I would blame though, it's the players. The performance was dire, completely feckin heartless, and that is unacceptable.

Also those calling for Robbo back.. :025: As much as I would have liked ot have seen him appointed manager back in January, you're p!ss!ng in the wind, it's never gonna happen. Why not get behind the manager and team ffs?!

I agree. What happened to postive thinking on this forum? we lose one game and some people are calling for butchers head, get a grip!!

I agree. What happened to postive thinking on this forum? we lose one game and some people are calling for butchers head, get a grip!!

I haven't all a sudden starting slating butcher, if you can be bothered which im sure you probably can't, but if you can be you will see that from the very beginning i have had no faith in butcher, i have seen what happens to teams when he takes them over. i started really having doubs last season when it appeared we were looking like staying up and all we needed to do is play a solid team with no stupid tactics or formation team selection but what did butcher do...he dropped pavel, esson etc, the guy is useless. I am sorry if this p*isses some people off but i have no faith in butcher and probably never will.

One thing though to the people who just want to ignore the fact of how bad butcher is, you keep believing butcher and you 'll keep finding yourself wanting. the proof is in the pudding, and there's certainly been no proof of butcher been any good.

Edited by CaleyP

We got a win today, but thanks more to Ryan Esson than to TB...

Hate to upset the TB Appreciation Society, but I'll never forgive him for dropping him for the last few games of last season....

Turned out to be extremely costly for ICT.

A few of us said that at the time Johnboy .

So you just write him off before he even starts then?

Makes sense eh? :001:

First of all I just want to say well done to the lads today, it seems butcher being away all week with scotland helped.

ICTFCkev you mean just like you write off all his mistakes because he is terry butcher....and you talk about sense. If you actually read and understood my last comment, you would realise that i had doubts about butcher when he arrived, which is fair enough considering his bad record, then my doubts grew more when we failed to stay up after securing a healthy gap between the bottom side and us, but butcher then decided he was going to change the team, dropping paramount players such as CB Pavel and Esson who were both brilliant and then he put players into positions they hadn't played all season...changing formations etc.

Go on explain that to me, or is that just excusable?

First of all I just want to say well done to the lads today, it seems butcher being away all week with scotland helped.

ICTFCkev you mean just like you write off all his mistakes because he is terry butcher....and you talk about sense. If you actually read and understood my last comment, you would realise that i had doubts about butcher when he arrived, which is fair enough considering his bad record, then my doubts grew more when we failed to stay up after securing a healthy gap between the bottom side and us, but butcher then decided he was going to change the team, dropping paramount players such as CB Pavel and Esson who were both brilliant and then he put players into positions they hadn't played all season...changing formations etc.

Go on explain that to me, or is that just excusable?

Butcher made mistakes in the post-split matches - we all recognise that. However, the overall feeling at the end of the season was that the appointment of Butcher and Maplas had a positive impact on the team, that our results improved significantly and that we were very close to staying up. 99% of the ICT fans i spoke to at the end of season felt that Butcher deserved the chance to manage us in the First Division.

Now he's got that chance and he's building a new team. It has potential and it's too early to judge whether it can challenge for the title. That's what i'm thinking about and i don't understand why some people feel the need to dwell on disagreements over team selection in games that took place four months ago when we had a different team in a different league.

Butcher made mistakes in the post-split matches - we all recognise that. However, the overall feeling at the end of the season was that the appointment of Butcher and Maplas had a positive impact on the team, that our results improved significantly and that we were very close to staying up. 99% of the ICT fans i spoke to at the end of season felt that Butcher deserved the chance to manage us in the First Division.

Now he's got that chance and he's building a new team. It has potential and it's too early to judge whether it can challenge for the title. That's what i'm thinking about and i don't understand why some people feel the need to dwell on disagreements over team selection in games that took place four months ago when we had a different team in a different league.

Good post Stan, but I would suggest our results were always going to improve from the moment Brewster departed - no matter who had been appointed to replace him.

I agree he should be given till the end of the season in the hope that he can build a team capable of getting us back to the SPL... I don't think our finances provide us with the luxury of many alternative options.

Good post Stan, but I would suggest our results were always going to improve from the moment Brewster departed - no matter who had been appointed to replace him.

I agree he should be given till the end of the season in the hope that he can build a team capable of getting us back to the SPL... I don't think our finances provide us with the luxury of many alternative options.

good to see a positive post on here.

We have limited resources, 'fans' who only turn up for big games (if these people turned up every week we would still be SPL) and a decent cohort of players who are capable of holding their own in the first division. I thought golly was a breath of fresh air today.

If we can rebuild this season, finish in a decent position and challenge next year I'll be happy.

If you have to come to the big games, please don't boo the players.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

I have never rateed Butcher as a manager and so far all he has done is back up my claim he isnt a great manager. I would be more than happy to be proved wrong but i havnt been so far. I DO NOT like him as a man tbh. I dont know him personally but what i have seen of him i dont particulary like him.

But as i said, i dont rate him, never have. But he could still turn it around. U

Until Christmas was the call!