FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alba cup final tickets

Doofer

Acording to the "Tully" it was agreed between the clubs

Dee handed big ticket allocation for ALBA final

Dundee have been awarded the lion?s share of the tickets for next month?s ALBA Challenge Cup Final against Inverness Caley Thistle at McDiarmid Park (writes Tom Duthie).

After a meeting between the clubs and the Scottish Football League, it has been decided the Dark Blues will have 6200 tickets with 3400 going to Caley.

That means fans travelling from Dundee will be housed in the main stand and behind both goals.

Tickets for the November 22 date in Perth will go on sale around the end of the month.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a load of crap. I was expecting it to be 50:50 at the start

I wouldnt expect us to fill 2 stands worth of tickets but any unsold tickets could have been given to Dundee with a couple of weeks to go until the game if it looked like there would be loads of empty seats in the Inverness end

3,400 will be more than enough for us.

I'd agree with that. Those doing the negotiating on this will have looked at average away support. They will also have looked at the home support numbers in this very competition and based there figures on that. And if we can only muster 2275 fans for a home semi final tie how can we have the audacity to ask for more than 3400 for the final.

3,400 will be more than enough for us.

I'd agree with that. Those doing the negotiating on this will have looked at average away support. They will also have looked at the home support numbers in this very competition and based there figures on that. And if we can only muster 2275 fans for a home semi final tie how can we have the audacity to ask for more than 3400 for the final.

Alex, we ony mustered 2275 with circa 50% of that number being Ross County supporters - what chance 3400 turning up for the final!!

If that is the case then 3400 will cover it. There's probably going to be a number of folk put off from going down the A9 on a Sunday during the winter. I'll be making the journey up to if from Edinburgh. I'm actually quite looking forward to it.

We took more than this to the last final though and I would say we have a larger fan base now both home and away. Previous cup games attendances really have no indication on the demand for a final and is the same with every club at every level.

I think we should have been given the chance to have a stand behind a goal as well, maybe seen how sales went to a certain point and then if we werent going to shift them then give them to Dundee or even splt the stand behind the goal depending on sales. Im sure we will sell out 3,400 and could have taken an extra 1,000.

And if we can only muster 2275 fans for a home semi final tie how can we have the audacity to ask for more than 3400 for the final.

Dundee only had 2321 at their game v Annan. Give both teams one stand each and be done with it.

Edited by RiG

We took more than this to the last final though and I would say we have a larger fan base now both home and away. Previous cup games attendances really have no indication on the demand for a final and is the same with every club at every level.

I think we should have been given the chance to have a stand behind a goal as well, maybe seen how sales went to a certain point and then if we werent going to shift them then give them to Dundee or even splt the stand behind the goal depending on sales. Im sure we will sell out 3,400 and could have taken an extra 1,000.

We had 3000 ICT fans at the last one according to ICTFC

We had 3000 ICT fans at the last one according to ICTFC

So Airdrie had 2,500 :( I dont think so, we had a good bit more than them there that day. On top of that we take a bigger support now. We should at least have been given the chance and see how it goes, tickets can always be sent back in time for Dundee to sell them. What happens if we sell out our allocation in plenty time? We will be missing out on extra 1,500 fans

Have to say that I'm not altogether comfortable with the way this has been done...for two reasons.

Firstly, given the "drought" in terms of big games involving ICT in the last few years then there's every chance that we'll take a very healthy sized crowd to this game with a lot of people coming out of the woodwork to attend a cup final (even if it is a diddy cup). Our fanbase has increased a fair bit since the last time and we had in excess of 3000 at that game.

Secondly, we are to be housed in the stand opposite the main stand, which means there's is only one "price point" for our tickets and that is the more expensive of the two available at McDiarmid Park and I would have hoped that as a trade off we would have been given the more "comfortable" main stand.

Only time will tell if the 3400 tickets will be sufficient, but my personal opinion is that whoever was involved in these talks has underestimated the size of our following and then sold us short in terms of where we'll be located.

Have to say that I'm not altogether comfortable with the way this has been done...for two reasons.

Firstly, given the "drought" in terms of big games involving ICT in the last few years then there's every chance that we'll take a very healthy sized crowd to this game with a lot of people coming out of the woodwork to attend a cup final (even if it is a diddy cup). Our fanbase has increased a fair bit since the last time and we had in excess of 3000 at that game.

Secondly, we are to be housed in the stand opposite the main stand, which means there's is only one "price point" for our tickets and that is the more expensive of the two available at McDiarmid Park and I would have hoped that as a trade off we would have been given the more "comfortable" main stand.

Only time will tell if the 3400 tickets will be sufficient, but my personal opinion is that whoever was involved in these talks has underestimated the size of our following and then sold us short in terms of where we'll be located.

Can you explain what you mean in the highlighted paragraph Don.

My understanding is that 7-800 seats will be unavailable in the West stand. These are to house the hangers on of the SFL. So that stand alone would not be enough for our allocation.

The West Stand is the Main Stand, we are to be in the East Stand.

Yes I know that. What I'm saying is there will not be much more than about 2500 seats available in the main stand. The hospitality seats + some others will be utilised for the SFL hangers on along with friends and family of players and various other people who enjoy a freebie or three.

The bit I dont understand from your comments is the 'price point' thing.

East and West stand tickets cost more than the North and South stands. As we are all in the East stand then we only have single price point which is the higher one whilst Dundee will be able to offer their fans a lower ticket price for the North and South stands than they will for the West Stand.

Right. I see where byour coming from now. Just re-read the SFL notice and yes, North and South stands will be ?14 as opposed to ?15 for other two. The SFL set the prices before the ticket allocation debate and Dundee dupe ICT into having their fans pay full whack whilst 3000 Dundee fans can get in for a quid less.

2275 at the semi and the majority of them were county fans , I think 3400 is more than enough .

It was only the semi though. Even if it was against our rivals people will find much more attraction in going to a final even if it is 2 and a bit hours away. Also we have quite a lot of fans from down south and I reckon the majority of them didnt bother making the journey up (fair play to the ones that did) so they will all be going to the game as well.

Look at Burnley in the play off final last year. They had an average attendance of about 14000 last season at home but in the final they took about 40000 fans. I know there was a lot more at stake but it is the same principle.

I think we will be able to take more fans down than tickets we have available

I am more concerned that this could lead to the bawdy, uncouth fans sitting beside decent living fowk like the mainstander and his family. It could lead to the decent, clean living fans deciding not to go - or at least lets hope that is what the feckin sweetie rustling tawts are thinking. Now if you put all the singers behind a goal then erseholes could sit in silence.

I am more concerned that this could lead to the bawdy, uncouth fans sitting beside decent living fowk like the mainstander and his family. It could lead to the decent, clean living fans deciding not to go - or at least lets hope that is what the feckin sweetie rustling tawts are thinking. Now if you put all the singers behind a goal then erseholes could sit in silence.

:thumb04: Post of the week .

Yeah, that would be great, lets hope that no "quiet" fans turn up and spoil the game for the "noisy" ones! The club would love the turnout!