• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very like Butcher's been taking some of renegade's suggestions on board

Esson

Tokely, Bulvitus, Munro, Golabek

Proctor, Duncan

Imrie, Sanches, Foran,

Rooney

Very attack minded. The way it should be at home.

Another thing of note is it's good to see Barrowman back in the line-up.

Aint it interesting that I get slaughtered from some of my suggestions and views on here, but get proven right time and again. I reckon it's time this site started making "Renegade was Right" T-Shirts, they'd be sold out in no time! B)

:( :lol:

I love that you're trying to take credit for this or you believe any of your pre-selections threads have been anywhere near the team that was picked today!!!

It was his player selection that was attacking not the formation... remember he was still playing only 1 up front with Foran & Imrie coming from wide. A long way from your 3-1-3-3 or 2-1-3-4!!

Guest Mahonio

What a magnificent result, also remembering, that in one of the Invernessian newspapers that Tel Butch thought that our away run of form could be threatened today :( :lol: B) :lol::lol: . How wrong he was :D :D :D

I agree with a lot of posters on here that at home we should be playing like this because in most, if not all, of my "Team for ......" posts i go for an attacking 4-3-3 but now i am going to go for the 4-2-3-1 that was played today :lol::lol::lol::lol:

All i can say is, PLEASE WIN NEXT WEEK so i have something to be cheerful about as i am working at the annual Golf club end of season prize giving/Party which will go on until early the Sunday morning.

Once again, I should say the players visibly responded to the positive support from the stand. It's not rocket science, get it sorted at home fer feck's sake!

Loads of decent songs today and we even sang 'Ayr Ayr super Ayr' to help out the home support when it was 4-1.

Best laugh for me was KingBeastie:

"Our home support is wonderful

Our home support is wonderful

It's got a pipe and a crossword

Our home support is wonderful" (or something like that).

Even Russeldinho got a chant today when he got subbed late on :D

Great support today. I never thought i'd see the day when Russell Duncan got a song - it's only taken 9 years!

Where were the sesh/loyal army today though? It seemed to be some middle-aged guy with a dodgy goatee who was starting all the songs.

Performance? Great. All of my years shadowing IHE paid off today when Terry responded to my call and played the formation that i asked for. Seriously though, our attacking threat was very exciting. OK, we didn't exactly play them off the park and their defending was woeful, but we discovered something important today - Foran, Sanchez and Imrie with Duncan and Proctor playing behind them is flucking amazing midfield.

We didn't have to dominate the game because our creative players were so effective every time they received the ball. Sanchez in particular, consistently played the right ball at the right time today. He created 3 goals in the half hour this way. I love him. Foran and Imrie were also great. They've got the work-rate and desire to go with the creativity and we really can't go wrong with these guys on each side of the pitch.

Apologies to season ticket holders. It must be incredibly frustrating, but the fact is, we have been very good away from home this season. I think it'll come your way soon. Keep the faith. As Rosscoe said on Sportsound:

"Don't write us off".

Superb result and first ICT hat-trick for a long time. Can't remember the last. We used to get loads, spread between Wyness and Ritchie.

Bring it on home Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Yesterday was what going to the football is all about. Good crack in the pub beforehand, an excellent vocal support throughout, a passionate and committed performance and an Ayr-supporting 70-something ex-pro who gave myself and Caley Stan a dram at half time.

Butcher has to take a lot of credit for the team he put out. He did exactly what a few of us have been calling for by playing Proctor in the middle, Sanchez off the main striker and Imrie wide. Playing Foran deeper was a surprise - I felt he was wasted there last season - but it worked brilliantly: he worked as hard as ever, was able to have more influence on the game and, ironically, scored three. Imrie looked to getting back to his best, Sanchez had another fine game with a hand in the first three goals, and although Rooney looked a little slow, he took his goal really well. Hopefully that will be the monkey off his back in terms of not taking chances when through on goal. If someone had told me before the game that Hayes wouldn't be starting, my heart would have sunk, but now he may struggle to get into the team.

A word about the Ayr support: we were in pretty close proximity to them and although quite a few left before the end, I didn't notice any of them booing or getting on the team's back. I was impressed by that: it must have been pretty gutting to watch your team fold within half an hour, but they seemed to realise that booing would have been counter-productive. And Ayr did contribute to the game: they looked fragile but were prepared to keep coming forward and made a few chances. I really hope they stay up.

That was a great performance. For the first 25 minutes everytime we took a shot it just seemed to go in the back of the net. It was fantastic to watch. Ayr never deserved their goal. It was just a shocking mistake from Esson but I hope that his confidence does not get too dented as in the end it never mattered.

For the formation I am fairly sure it was still a 4-4-2. Foran and Imrie were on the left and right wings (switching about every so often) with Rooney upfront and Sanchez playing in the hole just behind him. I think that Foran is by far at his best on the wing as well as Imrie. They were unstoppable. They never stopped running. I cannot praise them enough

I thought everyone was brilliant today especially the support. Dougie Imrie songs seemed to be getting blasted out every 5 minutes. As well as the songs about not want to play at home anymore (and who can argue with that?)

This is just the type of performance that could change our season. I know it was against a very average Ayr side but we blew them away in the first 25 minutes and after that there was no need to press the issue anymore so if we had kept up the pace from the first half hour the score could have easily been doubled

I am just really hoping we can keep it up next week. I dont think there is a better team to be playing against either. Morton were gash when we played them so we really should beat them and if we play the same team as yesterday I cant see why we might not score 5 again well if the crowd get behind the team or maybe just stop being so negative

"Where were the sesh/loyal army today though? It seemed to be some middle-aged guy with a dodgy goatee who was starting all the songs. "

That was almost getting the quote of the day but Mantis won it hands down" awe dougie dinna just punt it intae the box...........cue Foran 5-1 ! :D !

Thought David Proctor was outstanding throughout although a great team performance.

Looks very like Butcher's been taking some of renegade's suggestions on board

Esson

Tokely, Bulvitus, Munro, Golabek

Proctor, Duncan

Imrie, Sanches, Foran,

Rooney

Very attack minded. The way it should be at home.

Another thing of note is it's good to see Barrowman back in the line-up.

Aint it interesting that I get slaughtered from some of my suggestions and views on here, but get proven right time and again. I reckon it's time this site started making "Renegade was Right" T-Shirts, they'd be sold out in no time! B)

:D :lol:

I love that you're trying to take credit for this or you believe any of your pre-selections threads have been anywhere near the team that was picked today!!!

It was his player selection that was attacking not the formation... remember he was still playing only 1 up front with Foran & Imrie coming from wide. A long way from your 3-1-3-3 or 2-1-3-4!!

Might not be exactly the formation I put forth but it seems that Butcher finally got it through his head, that attacking football is what has to be used. I've been going about that since before he had the ICT job. And with the second point, it depends what you call "one up front". I personally wouldn't mind seeing Foran in the Puskas-esque role as a deep lying forward, but with yesterdays result, you can't really complain.

Another fine away day with the ICT. :D No point in doing the smileymometer as everyone gets at least four points and I will give five to Foran and Imrie - but Tokely, Proctor and Sanchez were close.

Wasnt it great to have so many positives:

Found a brammer of a pub in the Black Bull - and the new stiffy is the Jaffa Cake - almost on a par with the Cheeky Beastie.

What a difference to the vocal support when the MOB turn up - amd less of the dodgy goatee please.

Butcher plays a formation / selection which went fer the throat and certainly killed the game off within half an hour. Even the Esson blunder was swept aside and we just kept going forward - I know that Ayr were poor but fer fecks sake - That is as good a 30 minutes from ICT as I have seen fer a long time. We bossed it, played them off the park and finished them off - and then kept going - it could have been 8 or 9.

Tokely went forward more than he has all season - it appeared that he was given the forward permission and Golly the defensive - excellent. And Tokely and Imrie play so well with each other. Munro and Bulvitis were strolling. Proctor ran the defensive midfield - Russell strolled through it even if he didnt look 100% fit. Sanchez was like - Foran was so much more effective and Rooney - albeit his holding needs improvement - lead the line well and deserves a run - plus the goal must have given him confidence.

Lets hope that this is a turning point that we can build on - but lets not get over expectant - 1-0 against Morton will do - but if we play like this again it is another 5 at least.

That was almost getting the quote of the day but Mantis won it hands down" awe dougie dinna just punt it intae the box...........cue Foran 5-1 ! :lol: !

It was Tokely you blind auld ****

Not so much of the blind ! :lol: !.................I want a second opinion on that, Wanderer ???

It wis the usual Rosscoe right foot punt after we had had some good, promising flowing football into their box. Then it came back to Ross.

Well obviously it wasn't his usual, as it stayed in play, but that's another story.

You should know Dougie never crosses it anyway.....

It wis the usual Rosscoe right foot punt after we had had some good, promising flowing football into their box. Then it came back to Ross.

Well obviously it wasn't his usual, as it stayed in play, but that's another story.

You should know Dougie never crosses it anyway.....

Aye, yer right, greedy wee ****.

It was your "Tango" tee shirt that blinded me CaleyD :lol: :P