FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team Vs Dumbarton

kencar

I wonder what sort of team we'll go for on Wednesday??

Will CC make a lot of changes and give fringe players a run out??

Would it make sense to start with Wyness in the hope that a goal might kick start his season or will Rory and Bayne get the nod?

We should go with our strongest team, and get a resounding win.

It will boost Dennis's confidence no end if he can get himself a goal or two, likewise Dargo. A decent win will set us up nicely for Hearts next week, they're there for the taking...they'll be knackered, and down, after their trip to Greece this week.

Guest kingkojak

agree we should put out a very strong side but id like to see fraser given a shot in goal with wyness and bayne/rory up front. 

dargo can always come on in the 2nd half for his hatrick  :016:

Reckon we shoulg go for Rory/Bayne up front and give Richie Hart a full game Denzil and Dargs can be on the bench if needed but it would be good to rotate some players as we've a long season ahead and there will be injuries at some time for sure, The league must always be our priority. :003:

Something a bit different................

Rossco --- Dods --- Hastings

----------- Duncan -----------

Wilson ---- Hart ---- Morgan

------------ Bayne ------------

------ Dargo ----- Rory ------

You could chop and change a few players in that lineup depending on your personal preferences.

My only worry about a formation that doesn't involve 4 across the middle or back is us being punished by the width of our pitch, however, with Bayne chasing everything going behind the front 2 he should be drawing a man from the oppositions midfield leaving us a bit more space and a chance to take advantage of the gaps and Duncan can drop back into defense if need be.

No point in going with this kind of formation unless we are going to keep the ball on the deck for the majority of the 90 minutes though.

It's always hard to suggest change when your main stating 11 haven't really done anything to justify being dropped and I think we will find CC going with the standard 4-4-2 at the start of the match with a view to changing things around after we've stuck away 2 or 3 goals.  :004:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

First and foremost, let's not get too cocky, given that we are SPL scalps they will be well up for it and our draw on Sunday aside we have not exactly been firing on all cylinders so far this season, so with that in mind it's obvious we should field our strongest team, the only suggestion I would make is Bayne to start instead of Dennis.

CC says in the Record that he is planning 4 or 5 changes to the team...  which could be a good thing, but then again..  Brewster made 4 or 5 change for our cup game vs Ayr last season, and you know what that was like!

Maybe Caff,Hart,Morgan,Duncan and Bayne will be the five?

Fraser

Caff    Munro    Golly

Hart    Duncan    Rankin    Morgan

Wyness

McCallister    Bayne

:001: :001: :001: :001:

I don't expect an upset in this game because CC wont sit back like Brew did against Partick and Ayr, I expect us to take the game to Dumbarton with a convincing win!!

Something a bit different................

Rossco --- Dods --- Hastings

----------- Duncan -----------

Wilson ---- Hart ---- Morgan

------------ Bayne ------------

------ Dargo ----- Rory ------

No keeper CaleyD, that is different  :004:

Would like to see, Fraser, Caff, Hart, Morgan and Bayne start.

Why does everyone fancy trying out new formations and line-ups for this game?  Our cup performances against lower league opposition hardly set the proverbial heather on fire last season and we made several changes for both those games.  If we succeed in going a few goals up perhaps give younger lads like Zander or Rory 20-25 minutes.  I might sound a bit lacking confidence but this is probably our best chance at a trophy or final, why do an Aberdeen and mess it up?

If we make any changes I'd bring in Bayne for Wyness, simply because Bayne has seemingly done well so far this term and deserves a wee chance.  Has Barry recovered from his illness?

Barry returned to training yesterday and should be fit.  Bayne in for Dargo, who is carrying a bit of a knock from Sunday, but even if he is fit Bayne will start.  Charlie has high hopes for Bayne as he can hold the ball up well and just needs a bit of confidence.  He has been in on his time off working on his touches, so he deserves a chance to get his goal scoring off to a start.

I would expect Caff and maybe even Golly to start and it would be good to see Michael Fraser in goals. He is a very capable keeper who will only benefit from a bit more experience.

Charlie has said definitely 3 changes but could be 4 or 5.  I don't think Charlie and Parkie will be daft enough to underestimate Dumbarton (especially after last nights results).  I think that, even with the planned changes we will field a team more than capable of winning through to the next round.

I'm looking forward to it.