ICT -V- Raith Rovers : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't believe we've blown it again, We should never be losing two goal leads! AHHHHHH

At least we won but we made hard work of it, Maybe this is stuff champions are made of though. Will be interesting to see how we performed.

Thats us played our Get Out Of Jail Free card. I really thought we had blown it. really missed Russel Duncan today. Am i right in saying he will be back for tuesdays game. Thought there was some very porr defending....especially for two of the goals....BUT....we won...and thats the main thing

I think that's our third or fourth GOoJFC.

Penalty against Ayr in stoppage time, 4th minute of stoppage time today, 89th minute penalty against Partick a while back also our 3rd goal was apparently 5 yards offside...

Man we road our luck. An undeserved (?) 94th winner despite throwing a 2 goal lead away. I'm sure the Raith team will be gutted but it's a vital 3 points for us considering how the other results went. Thought we looked very complacent today and we almost paid the price. Some good performances from Foran, Hayes Rooney & Cox and some dire ones from Stratford & Proctor. I wonder if Tade would be worth signing up for next season? Seems to have decent pace and a bit of strength unlike some of our featherweights

Edited by kencar

Yes a horribly amazing game. Never felt so happy and so terrible in the same match before. I thought we had blown it hen Hayes and Sanchez had there shots blocked when both took too many touches 12 yards from goal. Eric was miles offside for his.

Some of the worst defending I have seen if we go up we seriously need to improve it. The free kick raith scored a header from he was one of 3 or 4 of their players that could have stuck their head on it awful marking. But to be honest i don't even care about that all that matters is we won.

Boo yeah! That's the sign of champions, especially after being seconds away from blowing it. But lets be honest here, about 95% of ICT's play today was embarrassing. Long high aimless balls pumped up the park at every opportunity. I think Butcher must have been reading the Craig Brewster Tactical handbook, cause the football was just horrid. But ICT won, and that'll make him a genius! Of the players, Foran was good, Rooney took his goal well, but sometimes doesn't have the pace to catch these long punts, and Hayes tried hard. Of the defence, Tokely was solid enough, as was Esson, and so was Golly, who did well up against the somewhat dangerous Gregory Tade. Munro was quite good defensively but his distribution was terrible. Maybe he doesn't know that it's possible to distribute the ball in another fashion, not just via a huge pointless punt. I thought Proctor had a bad bad game. Of the midfield, Cox did quite well, but I don't know what Stratford was playing. He did nothing. And Odhiambo? Took his (probably) offside goal well, but once again did absolutely nothing but give the ball away. How long before Butcher realises that he's too short and too slight for that position? He's just a waste of space in there.

Overall, a good and relieving result. Winning, whilst playing terribly, that is the mark of champions.

that game should have carried a health warning. rollercoaster and all that but to come away with the win is indeed a huge result.

no point slating the players for what was a below par performance on the face of it, because they showed huge amounts of grit and determination here. gotta give rovers a lot of credit, they played really well, with tade in particular an absolute nuisance, scoring 1 and making two.at 3.1 i was thinking the score flattered us a bit and so it proved, but stand up ritchie foran, sensational today and what a goal at the death to make raith, dundee, county and queens spew!

surprised to see some raith fans give the ref stick though, i thought he was one of their best players today.gave us nothing and clearly had draw marked on his coupon.

anyway , another game down and still 4 clear= a quality days work :lol:

And Odhiambo? Took his (probably) offside goal well, but once again did absolutely nothing but give the ball away. How long before Butcher realises that he's too short and too slight for that position? He's just a waste of space in there.

He'll keep getting a game as long as he scores. To be honest neither Odi or Sanchez are up to the mark and of the two Odi is more likely to get goals.

Otherwise he does quite a good impression of someone jogging around the park pretending to look interested.

Cox was impressive yet again with Rooney, Golly, Tokely, Hayes and Foran all good also.

I thought Proctor actually played quite well in the first half but lost his was during the second half.

Stratford...........well, it is clear why Duncan is such a massive part of this team.

Edited by Tree

Boo yeah! That's the sign of champions, especially after being seconds away from blowing it. But lets be honest here, about 95% of ICT's play today was embarrassing. Long high aimless balls pumped up the park at every opportunity. I think Butcher must have been reading the Craig Brewster Tactical handbook, cause the football was just horrid. But ICT won, and that'll make him a genius! Of the players, Foran was good, Rooney took his goal well, but sometimes doesn't have the pace to catch these long punts, and Hayes tried hard. Of the defence, Tokely was solid enough, as was Esson, and so was Golly, who did well up against the somewhat dangerous Gregory Tade. Munro was quite good defensively but his distribution was terrible. Maybe he doesn't know that it's possible to distribute the ball in another fashion, not just via a huge pointless punt. I thought Proctor had a bad bad game. Of the midfield, Cox did quite well, but I don't know what Stratford was playing. He did nothing. And Odhiambo? Took his (probably) offside goal well, but once again did absolutely nothing but give the ball away. How long before Butcher realises that he's too short and too slight for that position? He's just a waste of space in there.

Overall, a good and relieving result. Winning, whilst playing terribly, that is the mark of champions.

I wouldnt say Odi's a waste of space , he's scored twice in one week , what more do you want ? Blood !

Strange game. We seemed to be coasting at 3-1, then the defence went to sleep at their free kick, and we lost the momentum then. Munro was woeful I thought, and how he wasn't red carded is something only the ref can explain. He was obviously last man.

We really missed Duncan in the middle, Stratford just doesn't have it. And what the feck was Sanchez doing taking 5 touches before deciding to waste a superb chance to win the game before Foran finally did?

Foran was once again head and shoulders above anyone else, and his winner was just class. He's far too good for this division, so we'd better win it otherwise we've no chance of holding onto him.

Another 3 points closer to the title, didn't look likely after 90 minutes, but these are the results we need to grind out if we're going to win it.