FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

signing for next season

dam17

A few blokes in Inverness tracksuits at the Bohemian v Pats game in Dublin last night, not sure if they were scouts or coaches or whatever. But story doing rounds that you are interested in a couple of our players. Just wondering if you lads had heard anything.

The name that I heard was Shelley but I see that he is a midfielder and I cant see us needing another midfielder - No whether you have a decent right full back ?? Can we have Madden though ?

Shelley is a right back and centre half and a very good one too. Lot of interest in Madden lately as he is banging in goals and is only 20 and U21 international. Would cost a few quid though I imagine.

reeks of a wind up to me

Yeah, it Smeltz like a hoax. He's scored 40 goals in the last 2 A-league seasons and probably makes decent money.

Shame though, could've been an extravaganza of puns on this thread if we'd signed him.

He scored against Italy for NZ at the World Cup IIRC.

Guest Mahonio

I wouldn't mind seeing Madden or Keegan at the club, if as the Sun writes, we are weighing up a swoop for them.

Madden would get us a few goals a season and would be an ideal replacement for Rooney, if he got injured (hopefully not often), or we decide to go 2 up top.

Keegan would probably be signed as competition for our Centre Mids.

I would just like to say that if the Wikipedia editor is indeed a bit more in the know, I would just like to make it known that if Shane Smeltz has indeed signed for our fair club, I would be delighted.

St Johnstone never offered stuart duff a contract with them. Wonder if TB is still looking at him?

Noticed that as well, he'd be decent cover and competition for Russeldinho and Cox. Think we could do with one more player.

According to Wikipedia, ICT's number 22 and presumably new signing is striker.....Shane Smeltz! Though he is down as Australian, even though he is actually a New Zealander!

Be an interesting striking partnership with that brazilian guy Celtic signed a few years ago.... Raphael Sheidt

Sheidt Smeltz

Hamilton have signed Gary McDonald from Aberdeen

I don't know why we didn't go for him. Likes a goal or two from midfield, the sheep don't seem to like him on their FootyMad board, they call him Casper the Ghost.....:rotflmao:

But I reckon that's more because Mcgoo doesn't have a clue what he's doing over there than McDonald being pesh, reckon he'll weigh in with a few at Hamilscum.

I'd like to see us go for the lad Wilson from Raith and Andy Kirk - I know they're both under contract but they're in their last year of contracts so could be up for a move to the SPL where I think they could do a job.

St Johnstone never offered stuart duff a contract with them. Wonder if TB is still looking at him?

Noticed that as well, he'd be decent cover and competition for Russeldinho and Cox. Think we could do with one more player.

He was a bit headless chicken though, if we're adding to the squad we should be adding quality even at our level of budget.

Edited by CaleyJagsMad