FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dougie Imrie

ICTFCkev

What sort of reception do you think he will recieve tomorrow?

Good player for us when he put his mind to it, but always thought he was better than he actually was. (Saw us as his stepping stone to Rangers) :lol:

He is arguably Hamilton's most dangerous player, however he does react to the fans, evident when he attempted a 'square-go' with the Jail End at our 1-2 defeat there last season. Seems like a bit of a jumped up little ned at times and that can totally take his mind off the game. Therefore I think he should be in for a decent bit of abuse after kick off tomorrow, even if for no other reason than to put their best player off his game.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

What sort of reception do you think he will recieve tomorrow?

Good player for us when he put his mind to it, but always thought he was better than he actually was. (Saw us as his stepping stone to Rangers) :lol:

He is arguably Hamilton's most dangerous player, however he does react to the fans, evident when he attempted a 'square-go' with the Jail End at our 1-2 defeat there last season. Seems like a bit of a jumped up little ned at times and that can totally take his mind off the game. Therefore I think he should be in for a decent bit of abuse after kick off tomorrow, even if for no other reason than to put their best player off his game.

I don't think he'll trouble us too much.

Imrie made a positive contribution to ICT in his 73 appearances for us and had at least a small part in last season's success. Regardless of what you think of him personally, or of any of his alleged off the field antics, you have to respect that.

Having said that, in my eyes, he does not fall into the same category as players I will always revere even though they went elsewhere (and in some cases came back later) like Wyness, Mann, Wilson, Dods, Black, Brown etc. so I would not be rushing to give him a super warm welcome !

• Agree 1

Imrie made a positive contribution to ICT in his 73 appearances for us and had at least a small part in last season's success. Regardless of what you think of him personally, or of any of his alleged off the field antics, you have to respect that.

That's my take on it too, plus he was always friendly whenever I or my family approached him, for photos etc. I hope on Saturday he doesn't get any of that deeply offensive 'banter' like he got towards the end of his time with us. That was truly hellish.

i liked imre, he was a battler like black was in midfield. i will applaud his name during the line ups but i wish him all the best in his future endeavors....just not against caley though.

I made my point clear on the ex players topic.

I will not boo Dougie tomorrow. He was a grafter, he made a contribution to our season last year and during his time scored arguably the greatest free kick ever from an ICT player.

Probably would still be here had we been title contenders sooner.

When Imrie was with us Hamilton fans chanted "Die Imrie die!" at him during the course of the game.

im quite confident that this would have been a reference to the incident a few years ago when dougie was unfortunate enough to be involved in a tackle where the opposing player got a kick in the throat and actually "died" on the pitch before being revived

When Imrie was with us Hamilton fans chanted "Die Imrie die!" at him during the course of the game.

im quite confident that this would have been a reference to the incident a few years ago when dougie was unfortunate enough to be involved in a tackle where the opposing player got a kick in the throat and actually "died" on the pitch before being revived

HOLY CRAP! i never knew about that!

Dougie was in the paper today talking about the game and had nothing but praise for us, He also said that he was planning to stay over after the game with Johnny Hayes unfortunately johnny is going to WESTLIFE :rotflmao: and he doesn't fancy it.

Like others whenever I met him he was polite and friendly even when i met him in The Yard a couple of times - No booing from me

Edited by tm4tj
fixed yer smiley
  • Agree 1

You should be confident as that is the reason why they were doing it. Picking up on Jagsters point certainly any time I have heard Imrie interviewed since he left us he has always been positive about ICT which is nice :)

I was speaking to Guy Kerr a couple of weeks back- he's at Berwick now. He is still good mates with Imrie.

However I think Imrie's contribution to the ICT cause is pretty negligible, and anybody who saw the sending off at Perth and the booking at Arbroath will be glad he's buggered off.

The last game I saw him was the 2-0 defeat of Motherwell in the Scottish Cup last season. He came on as a sub in about the 15th minute to replace his injured flatmate, Hayes, and then proceeded to play the game of his life.

I felt he was a huge inspiration for his team-mates that night - in fact I'd suggest that was the game that sparked off a major turning point in our season, and was an indication that promotion might still be achievable.

I'll always be grateful to him for that.

Well said Johnboy.

Seeing as he has nothing but praise for ICT and its fans, and was always a polite person to speak to, there would be no booing from me.

Sure the players will repsect him too....just not too much, hopefully.

I was speaking to Guy Kerr a couple of weeks back- he's at Berwick now. He is still good mates with Imrie.

However I think Imrie's contribution to the ICT cause is pretty negligible, and anybody who saw the sending off at Perth and the booking at Arbroath will be glad he's buggered off.

Agreed. We played a lot better after he was shunted out the team, and the unbeaten run speaks for itself. He was decent as an individual, and always gave 110% for us, but get the impression he could've been a disruptive influence on the team last year. Played better when he wasn't involved, and must be a reason Terry wanted shot of him.